Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 07-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 455
GCL2014 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Jeepman, my jeep is performing the same way you described. I have a 2014 Limited v6. I would be curious to see what they do for an update, but the weather will likely be cool by then.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GCL2014 For This Useful Post:
  #242  
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,873
Thanks: 527
Thanked 848 Times in 467 Posts
Rep Power: 1926989
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCL2014 View Post
Jeepman, my jeep is performing the same way you described. I have a 2014 Limited v6. I would be curious to see what they do for an update, but the weather will likely be cool by then.
It was talked about that there may be an update for this in July. As stated before, I don't have confirmation on this yet. There are a number of module updates on the way and "I Believe" that the equipment has arrived at dealers.... There will be more info on this later this week.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Willx For This Useful Post:
  #243  
Old 07-07-2013, 08:44 PM
jeepman917's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 165
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 586
jeepman917 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
It was talked about that there may be an update for this in July. As stated before, I don't have confirmation on this yet. There are a number of module updates on the way and "I Believe" that the equipment has arrived at dealers.... There will be more info on this later this week.
Thanks Willx -- so - when 'repaired' -- what do u think the behavior will be? What is normal?
__________________
2014 Jeep Summit in black pearl w grand canyon interior... Hemi 5.7...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,873
Thanks: 527
Thanked 848 Times in 467 Posts
Rep Power: 1926989
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman917 View Post
Thanks Willx -- so - when 'repaired' -- what do u think the behavior will be? What is normal?
The way it is supposed to work....

-Engine start, analysis of outdoor temperature assessed, Heated and or vented seats on with steering wheel (if cool) and heating or cooling HVAC depending on outside temperature.

-Driver entry causes fan to turn down to minium (or off, not sure what the final will be)

-On start press all setting recalled of that driver (auto or not in HVAC and temperature setting) in other words if you left the fan on medium and 72, that is where it would come back to, or auto if that was the case.

Everyone asks why it doesn't just run the last setting on start but it needs to take into consideration that you may have had it on a different setting than what is actually needed during remote start (for example early morening and frost on the window, why would you want A/C and front vents).

Edit: also the fan slows down on entry to allow the person to comfortably enter without high winds and noise etc.... don't ask me I didn't come up with it but it kinda makes sense if you just got your perm
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:08 PM
jeepman917's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 165
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 586
jeepman917 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
The way it is supposed to work....

-Engine start, analysis of outdoor temperature assessed, Heated and or vented seats on with steering wheel (if cool) and heating or cooling HVAC depending on outside temperature.

-Driver entry causes fan to turn down to minium (or off, not sure what the final will be)

-On start press all setting recalled of that driver (auto or not in HVAC and temperature setting) in other words if you left the fan on medium and 72, that is where it would come back to, or auto if that was the case.

Everyone asks why it doesn't just run the last setting on start but it needs to take into consideration that you may have had it on a different setting than what is actually needed during remote start (for example early morening and frost on the window, why would you want A/C and front vents).

Edit: also the fan slows down on entry to allow the person to comfortably enter without high winds and noise etc.... don't ask me I didn't come up with it but it kinda makes sense if you just got your perm
Thanks Willx...

Mine may be working somewhat -- though when I get in - it shuts it down completely on restart -- have to enable the system to the on position/auto.

Appreciate your rundown - looking forward to a fix soon.

Charlie
__________________
2014 Jeep Summit in black pearl w grand canyon interior... Hemi 5.7...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,873
Thanks: 527
Thanked 848 Times in 467 Posts
Rep Power: 1926989
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman917 View Post
Thanks Willx...

Mine may be working somewhat -- though when I get in - it shuts it down completely on restart -- have to enable the system to the on position/auto.

Appreciate your rundown - looking forward to a fix soon.

Charlie
Yes, yours has the most common issue of not recalling the "auto" setting. There are a lot of those. There are also some that the vehicle is not doing the first part and at least running the HVAC. some people are also needing to restart the vehicle to get cooling to work.

My understanding is that they are all related to the same issue or update but there seems to be very little real info on it at this time. They do know about it and have confirmed that they are working on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 226
Thanks: 22
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 755
adthebadstud is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman917 View Post
I have confirmed - after 3 weeks of testing - that - my Summit turns the AC on - with settings from last start/run -- and -- when opening the driver door (and only the driver door) - the unit shutdown down. I have entered the passenger door and the car is cooling.
When entering the driver door - I depress brake -- hit the start button - AC is off and remains off - until I hit the auto AC button. These are my findings -- and - Im wondering if this is 'normal'... Thanks.
Mine works the exact same way. Which is "how it is supposed to" according to the dealer and to Jeep right now. Even when I repeatedly tell them they are wrong and that this design doesn't make any sense.
__________________
2014 Overland 4x4 V6, Black ext, Black int, Advanced Tech Package. EC169841

My First Jeep. Current Status: Chrysler Buy Back (It's for sale in Wisconsin! http://www.vanhorndodge.com/vehicle-...-wi-id-6432659
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,873
Thanks: 527
Thanked 848 Times in 467 Posts
Rep Power: 1926989
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adthebadstud View Post

Mine works the exact same way. Which is "how it is supposed to" according to the dealer and to Jeep right now. Even when I repeatedly tell them they are wrong and that this design doesn't make any sense.
Maybe I will make the point of posting a video.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Jeeper2007 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Just picked up my 2014 GC limited and same issue. Using remote start no ac no fan nothing. Climate says its off. Brought it up to service writer and he sat in GC with window down. Shut off, restarted with FOB and ac was blowing slow fan but cold. We drove down the street and parked at store, tried remote start and again we had no ac or fan on. Climate control was off when we entered ours. Hope the come up with a fix. Even girl worked service counter said her 14 does it also.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 07-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 622
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1778
eibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond reputeeibyer has a reputation beyond repute
It just makes you wonder sometimes what the jeep engineers were thinking when they wrote the logic for these remote start programs. If they wanted to experiment with these stuff, they should have given customers the option to use their so called new programs or go back to old school start whatever was on when the car was last shut off.

Just my 2 cents. I have a 2012 and it's just sad to see it's still an issue with the 14s.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,873
Thanks: 527
Thanked 848 Times in 467 Posts
Rep Power: 1926989
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper2007 View Post
Just picked up my 2014 GC limited and same issue. Using remote start no ac no fan nothing. Climate says its off. Brought it up to service writer and he sat in GC with window down. Shut off, restarted with FOB and ac was blowing slow fan but cold. We drove down the street and parked at store, tried remote start and again we had no ac or fan on. Climate control was off when we entered ours. Hope the come up with a fix. Even girl worked service counter said her 14 does it also.
Just to make sure that you are having an issue, because the way you are describing it, it sounds like it works fine.

Remote start your vehicle with the drivers side window down (when hot outside). A/C should blow pretty good and cold before you touch the handle. It goes to low on entry then should recall your last settings. If it does these things in this order, your system is functioning correctly.

The people with the problems their A/C either does not run at all on remote start or does not return to the last setting when the start button is pushed. Many people think it is broken because it is not running on high during entry but it isn't supposed to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:39 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Jeeper2007 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

When I start the GC with remote start, I get nothing. When I get into it the inside is 120*. That's not working right It should be cold in there as I run my ac at coldest setting with fan usually on 6 or 7. I don't care if fan slows down when I open door or if it shuts off as I open door. But, when I get in and interior is still hot, it's not working right...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Grand Cherokee Remote Key FOB Not Working gwarek Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 1 11-24-2012 02:03 AM
Key(fob) remote not working jlewissystem Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 8 06-07-2012 02:27 PM
Remote start not working Sanders0492 Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 15 02-15-2012 06:41 AM
Remote Start Disabled - Start Vehicle to Reset?? bmrsooner10 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 01-02-2012 10:11 AM
remote keyless entry have stopped working ithinkfit914 Troubleshooting/Problems 9 01-09-2011 06:38 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community