Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #373  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Summit360's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 546
Summit360 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Summit View Post

Sorry, I was just kidding about the update. I think it must have been the squirrels.
We don't get over-the-air updates in Canada so I am still waiting for a dealer-installed fix for the remote start problem, or a new software version from the Jeep Forum. When I went to my dealer this week for my first oil change, he told me he's not expecting any software fixes before the end of the year. Does anyone know how the system behaves for remote start when the outside temperature is cold? Will the heated steering wheel and heated seat come on? Will the heater/defroster setting change to Hi (even though there is no warm air of course until the motor warms up a little)?
Thanks
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927120
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit360 View Post
We don't get over-the-air updates in Canada so I am still waiting for a dealer-installed fix for the remote start problem, or a new software version from the Jeep Forum. When I went to my dealer this week for my first oil change, he told me he's not expecting any software fixes before the end of the year. Does anyone know how the system behaves for remote start when the outside temperature is cold? Will the heated steering wheel and heated seat come on? Will the heater/defroster setting change to Hi (even though there is no warm air of course until the motor warms up a little)?
Thanks
Don't worry, this issue is not resolved with an OTA update. It is not possible to update HVAC controls via and OTA Update at this time.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:09 PM
New Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
wvjeepman is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

I have a 2014 and have the same climate control issues. I hope there is a fix soon. I also have a problem with people flashing their bright lights at me. Seems my headlights are aimed too high but the dealer says they are computer controlled and cannot be adjusted.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:07 PM
BobsWK2's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,562
Thanks: 3
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 49670
BobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjeepman View Post
I also have a problem with people flashing their bright lights at me. Seems my headlights are aimed too high but the dealer says they are computer controlled and cannot be adjusted.
Horse hockey. All it takes is a phillips head screwdriver to adjust the headlights. It's unbelievable the excuses dealers come up with to get out of doing any warranty work.
__________________
2014 Summit 4X4, V8
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,498
Thanks: 885
Thanked 1,097 Times in 752 Posts
Rep Power: 7718446
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Check out this pic...heres where you adjust the headlamps



ForumRunner_20130903_201421.jpg
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 AM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,520
Thanks: 35
Thanked 2,279 Times in 955 Posts
Rep Power: 2392884
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

TSB NUMBER: 24-002-13

DATE: 09/05/2013

MODELS: 2014 WK (vehicles equipped with Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (sales code HAF) built on or before July 30, 2013).

SUBJECT: Flash: HVAC Performance Enhancements During Remote Start Operation.

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the HVAC Module with new software.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Customers may experience any of the following conditions:

• HVAC system turns off when the driver’s door is opened during remote start operation.
• When display mode is set to Celsius, system may default to full hot during remote start operation.

NOTE: During Remote Start mode operation, the HVAC system will default to a preselected value of 72°F (22°C) regardless of customer selection or ambient temperature. When the driver’s door is opened, the system will immediately revert back to the previously selected setting. This is a normal operating characteristic.

PDF: - Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - Grand Cherokee Service Bulletins and Recalls

--Milous
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Milous For This Useful Post:
  #379  
Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1147
OverlandSum is on a distinguished road
Garage
Thank you for the heads up!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 09-05-2013, 06:15 AM
nonopr01's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 451
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1741
nonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond reputenonopr01 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Thank God. Milous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 694
Thanks: 49
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 2276
Roki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
TSB NUMBER: 24-002-13

DATE: 09/05/2013

MODELS: 2014 WK (vehicles equipped with Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (sales code HAF) built on or before July 30, 2013).

SUBJECT: Flash: HVAC Performance Enhancements During Remote Start Operation.

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the HVAC Module with new software.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Customers may experience any of the following conditions:

• HVAC system turns off when the driver’s door is opened during remote start operation.
• When display mode is set to Celsius, system may default to full hot during remote start operation.

NOTE: During Remote Start mode operation, the HVAC system will default to a preselected value of 72°F (22°C) regardless of customer selection or ambient temperature. When the driver’s door is opened, the system will immediately revert back to the previously selected setting. This is a normal operating characteristic.

PDF: - Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - Grand Cherokee Service Bulletins and Recalls

--Milous
Just in case for end of summer. I will wait for a while for another TSB for the temperature sensor. Hopefully they will get that out before winter.
__________________
2014 Jeep GC, V6, Black/Indigo with Adv Tech Package and ORAII
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927120
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki303 View Post
Just in case for end of summer. I will wait for a while for another TSB for the temperature sensor. Hopefully they will get that out before winter.
Um, ok in theory but the update Milous just posted was slated for Late July.... The Hemi update for the 2011-2013 Durangos JGC for the iginition timing stuff was slated for early this year (originally and still not available).

I never give out the exact dates they say they are doing stuff any more because it is NEVER correct!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 615
Milgrad is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Thanks for the update....called the dealer to schedule and they wouldn't. They told me they would call me when the update was ready. So frustrated dealing with them. I was told the technicians receive an email when updates are released and nothing new is out there....true is just came out today, but I gave them the tsb number and they were still questioning me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927120
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milgrad View Post
Thanks for the update....called the dealer to schedule and they wouldn't. They told me they would call me when the update was ready. So frustrated dealing with them. I was told the technicians receive an email when updates are released and nothing new is out there....true is just came out today, but I gave them the tsb number and they were still questioning me.
Feel for you, They have the update but if they are not on WiTech 14.01 they are not servicing 2014 Jeeps for anything any more really.

Again there is no excuses for this, if anyone else gets this ask them to look up the TSB in their system and quote where it says anything about waiting for availability.

TSBs without fixes are STAR Cases and they say they have a planned fix date. TSBs are ready to perform with whatever information is posted in them the day they are published.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Grand Cherokee Remote Key FOB Not Working gwarek Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 1 11-24-2012 02:03 AM
Key(fob) remote not working jlewissystem Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 8 06-07-2012 02:27 PM
Remote start not working Sanders0492 Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 15 02-15-2012 06:41 AM
Remote Start Disabled - Start Vehicle to Reset?? bmrsooner10 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 01-02-2012 10:11 AM
remote keyless entry have stopped working ithinkfit914 Troubleshooting/Problems 9 01-09-2011 06:38 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.