Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #457  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:02 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Don Catoe is on a distinguished road
I have had it 6 Months. It is a 2014 GC Limited. The dealer told me an update would not load because of something with the radio. They ordered another radio and will call me when it gets here. Meanwhile I am driving without control over everything the unconnected controls. Disappointing to say the least!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926321
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Catoe View Post
I have had it 6 Months. It is a 2014 GC Limited. The dealer told me an update would not load because of something with the radio. They ordered another radio and will call me when it gets here. Meanwhile I am driving without control over everything the unconnected controls. Disappointing to say the least!
I asked because I wanted to know the date of production on the radio...
If you cannot access the vehicle settings they should have given you a rental.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Don Catoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post

I asked because I wanted to know the date of production on the radio...
If you cannot access the vehicle settings they should have given you a rental.

I agree, the service guy told me there was a good chance it would be here today, if not then Friday. I ask what update would be installed, he did not know, said he would look it up. I had to leave, so I told him to let me know when I return.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926321
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Catoe View Post

I agree, the service guy told me there was a good chance it would be here today, if not then Friday. I ask what update would be installed, he did not know, said he would look it up. I had to leave, so I told him to let me know when I return.
Let us know. Complete failure of that head is super rare!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #461  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 322
Shatner64 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Hey everyone!

I have a '14 GC SRT that's havin' some issues.

I had the HVAC flash done as per the recent service bulletin and the uconnect 13.19 update done at my dealership last week. Since then, my remote start seems to be working as it should and my radio is working much better than it was. Sadly though, a new problem has arisen.

I always set my climate control to 22 degrees celsius (synced to both sides) and leave the system in "auto" mode. Now, when leave the vehicle for about 5 minutes and return to start it, it seems to default the set temperature to 21 degrees. In fact, it doesn't matter what temperature I set it to in auto mode (it could be 26 or 19 for example), it will always return to 21 degrees. If I set the temperature to manual, it will stay where I set it, but I didn't drop 70k on a vehicle to have it not work properly.

I took the Jeep back to the dealership and explained to them what's going on. They kept it for half a day and then called for me to come pick it up. When I asked the service clerk for an explanation, she merely said that they couldn't fix it and that the tech filed a report with Chrysler on the matter. Until then, I'm supposed to keep setting my temperature manually. I asked her if she could just have them roll-back the firmware/software they installed for the time being, but apparently that isn't possible(?).

Either way, I'm super annoyed by this turn of events. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926321
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatner64 View Post
Hey everyone!

I have a '14 GC SRT that's havin' some issues.

I had the HVAC flash done as per the recent service bulletin and the uconnect 13.19 update done at my dealership last week. Since then, my remote start seems to be working as it should and my radio is working much better than it was. Sadly though, a new problem has arisen.

I always set my climate control to 22 degrees celsius (synced to both sides) and leave the system in "auto" mode. Now, when leave the vehicle for about 5 minutes and return to start it, it seems to default the set temperature to 21 degrees. In fact, it doesn't matter what temperature I set it to in auto mode (it could be 26 or 19 for example), it will always return to 21 degrees. If I set the temperature to manual, it will stay where I set it, but I didn't drop 70k on a vehicle to have it not work properly.

I took the Jeep back to the dealership and explained to them what's going on. They kept it for half a day and then called for me to come pick it up. When I asked the service clerk for an explanation, she merely said that they couldn't fix it and that the tech filed a report with Chrysler on the matter. Until then, I'm supposed to keep setting my temperature manually. I asked her if she could just have them roll-back the firmware/software they installed for the time being, but apparently that isn't possible(?).

Either way, I'm super annoyed by this turn of events. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Can you please try running your radio in Imperial/US. Not a solution but I would like to know diagnostically if this changes it. I have a feeling I know where the issue my be.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 322
Shatner64 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Hi Willx,

I tried switching the units of measure to US instead of Metric. The results were rather peculiar. When left on the US setting, the temperature I chose (72 degrees) remained the same when I restarted the vehicle after a 5 minute rest period. When I switch the units back to Metric, instead of it reading 22 degrees (as it should since that is the closest whole temperature in Celsius to 72 F) it read 23!

I continued to play around with various temperature settings and checking to see what they would convert to when switched back and forth between US and Metric. The rules the system used made very little sense to me. I'm not sure where this machine learned to round, but it could use a refresher course.

Would it be a sound hypothesis that the programmer of this new software botched up a set of values or two regarding the rounding rules when writing this latest release?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 09-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 426
siegs7 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quick question (or comment!)...I took my 2014 Jeep in for the Service Bulletin. After the update, there is no change?? I can still remote start and the AC comes on as designed, but as soon as I open the driver door, it momentarily shut off and then start up again. I thought this update was supposed to resolve this?

Any ideas?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 344
wuaname is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by losbot View Post
Some of us though need the A/C 11 mouths out of the year. (South Florida)
What he said. Plus on the one month when the temps go down to the 60's we need the heaters! Lol.

Yeah, south florida here also
__________________
2014 GC Limited, V8, removed resonators
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 PM
john150's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 762
john150 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegs7 View Post
Quick question (or comment!)...I took my 2014 Jeep in for the Service Bulletin. After the update, there is no change?? I can still remote start and the AC comes on as designed, but as soon as I open the driver door, it momentarily shut off and then start up again. I thought this update was supposed to resolve this?

Any ideas?
I would have them re-do the flash. That is the exact problem it is supposed to solve. It did for me and others on the board. Good luck.
__________________
2014 GC Limited, True Blue, V-6, Nav, Tow. Ordered 3/28/13. Delivered 4/27/13!!
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 09-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926321
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegs7 View Post
Quick question (or comment!)...I took my 2014 Jeep in for the Service Bulletin. After the update, there is no change?? I can still remote start and the AC comes on as designed, but as soon as I open the driver door, it momentarily shut off and then start up again. I thought this update was supposed to resolve this?

Any ideas?
When you open the door it returns to the last saved setting for that fob. So if it were auto, and the temp was close, it would more or less shut down. The flash fixed the A/C not starting and or not returning to the prior user setting. It may still go to low fan when the door opens (auto engaged) if the interior temp dictates.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 09-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926321
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatner64 View Post
Hi Willx,

I tried switching the units of measure to US instead of Metric. The results were rather peculiar. When left on the US setting, the temperature I chose (72 degrees) remained the same when I restarted the vehicle after a 5 minute rest period. When I switch the units back to Metric, instead of it reading 22 degrees (as it should since that is the closest whole temperature in Celsius to 72 F) it read 23!

I continued to play around with various temperature settings and checking to see what they would convert to when switched back and forth between US and Metric. The rules the system used made very little sense to me. I'm not sure where this machine learned to round, but it could use a refresher course.

Would it be a sound hypothesis that the programmer of this new software botched up a set of values or two regarding the rounding rules when writing this latest release?
Wow,

OK, that is just bizzare.

My guess is the software needs to be reloaded from your dealer. I don't recall but if you are running 13.19.0 we can likely help you. If you are running a later version, the dealer will need to review. It could be a radio hardware and or HVAC module issue but that needs to be verified by a service tech using WiTech.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Grand Cherokee Remote Key FOB Not Working gwarek Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 1 11-24-2012 02:03 AM
Key(fob) remote not working jlewissystem Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 8 06-07-2012 02:27 PM
Remote start not working Sanders0492 Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 15 02-15-2012 06:41 AM
Remote Start Disabled - Start Vehicle to Reset?? bmrsooner10 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 01-02-2012 10:11 AM
remote keyless entry have stopped working ithinkfit914 Troubleshooting/Problems 9 01-09-2011 06:38 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community