Transmission and Transfer Case
August 27, 2014
Flash: Transmission Shift Enhancements
This bulletin involves flash reprogramming of the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with new software.
2014 (WK) Grand Cherokee
This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before July 01, 2014, equipped with the 3.0L engine (Sales Code EXF) and the 8HP70 Automatic Transmission (Sales Codes DFD).
(note: ** changes from prior TSB flash **)
· ** 3-2, 2-1 Shift bump on deceleration. **
· ** Shift quality during hard acceleration. **
· ** Excessive shifts during cruise control operation. **
· ** Intermittent delay shift condition. **
· ** Engine braking improvements during downhill descent. **
· ** Manual gear selection improvements at higher altitudes. **
· ** Drivability improvements in 4 low. **
· ** Hesitation improvements. **
· Inconsistent and/or harsh 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 upshifts at moderate throttle.
· Inconsistent and/or harsh lift-foot upshifts.
· Inconsistent and/or harsh coasting 3-2, 2-1 downshifts in Hi or Lo range.
· Ratio fault detection during 1-2 upshift or 8-7 downshift.
· Grade hunting (repeated shifting while ascending a grade).
· 8-7-8 shift busyness when approaching max vehicle speed.
· Undesired gear selection at high altitude.
· Undesired gear selection when driving downhill (not enough powertrain braking).
· Time to exit TIP (manual/paddle shift mode) takes too long.
· Unintended downshifts driving at certain speeds.
· 4-3 coasting downshift may cause excessive engine noise during engine braking.
· Shift hanging when vehicle is started cold.
· Undesired shift toggling in Manual/Paddle Shift mode.
· Lo range selec-speed control 1-2 shift busyness.
Download PDF at: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2011-2016 Grand Cherokee Service Bulletins and Recalls