Originally Posted by njdevs5
I have a 2014 gc and everytime I get out of the truck and try to shut the door I get shocked. Any known cause for this? Anyone have the same problem? Fixes? I new to jeeps so figured i would ask. I have passive entry if that makes a difference.
You obviously have a very electric personality.
There's nothing to speak of that generates enough voltage to create a tangible shock.
Well, other than spark and the HIDeous lamps, but you'd really feel those if somehow they managed to put voltage on the door.
You are probably seeing normal winter time static electricity due to the low amount of water vapor in the air.
You probably get a good static charge sliding out of the seat, and as soon as you touch a reasonably opposite charge or grounded metal, you get a small zap.
You could try rubbing a fabric softener dryer sheet on the seats, and spray the carpets with just a little bit of dilute liquid softener and see if that helps.
.... the alternative would be making yourself a set of trousers or skirt out of dryer cloths...