Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #169  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 513
gottubes has a reputation beyond reputegottubes has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

I had the transmission fail on my 14 GC after 10 days and 281 miles. My experience was the opposite of amc2002s, the dealer immediately put me in another 14 GC loaner and replaced the transmission with a new one from Chrysler. The vehicle was towed in on a Friday night, and I got it back 10 days later and it's been perfect ever since. They (Chrysler) refunded the entire amount of my limited mileage max care and upgraded me to a max care lifetime warranty for free. I didn't have to put up a fuss, they just took care of me. The GM of the dealer did say that he has been working with the same factory rep for many years, so I'm sure that relationship had some benefits. I couldn't be happier. Sorry to hear of your bad experience.
__________________

__________________
Current Vehicle:
2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4 3.6-V6
True Blue / NZ Black - Light Frost
Security & Convenience Group
Power Sunroof - 8.4A / UConnect
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gottubes For This Useful Post:
  #170  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:20 PM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 236937
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenice23 View Post
It's the same radio!
Perhaps, but respectfully, you are thread jacking.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 PM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 236937
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottubes View Post
I had the transmission fail on my 14 GC after 10 days and 281 miles. My experience was the opposite of amc2002s, the dealer immediately put me in another 14 GC loaner and replaced the transmission with a new one from Chrysler. The vehicle was towed in on a Friday night, and I got it back 10 days later and it's been perfect ever since. They (Chrysler) refunded the entire amount of my limited mileage max care and upgraded me to a max care lifetime warranty for free. I didn't have to put up a fuss, they just took care of me. The GM of the dealer did say that he has been working with the same factory rep for many years, so I'm sure that relationship had some benefits. I couldn't be happier. Sorry to hear of your bad experience.
That is awesome. You have a great dealer. That's what the new ownership experience should be on a car in this price range. Can we ask where your dealer is?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 513
gottubes has a reputation beyond reputegottubes has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

It's in Brighton, MI... Brighton Chrysler Jeep. I chose them because of my experience with the first vehicle I bought from them. I have bought many new cars over the years and have had some awful experiences. I really think the dealer has a bigger impact on customer satisfaction than the manufacturer could ever have. Any vehicle can have problems, it's how they are dealt with that counts. I hope you finally get your car fixed or replaced. Best of luck to you!
__________________
Current Vehicle:
2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4 3.6-V6
True Blue / NZ Black - Light Frost
Security & Convenience Group
Power Sunroof - 8.4A / UConnect
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gottubes For This Useful Post:
  #173  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:58 AM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 236937
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

Just an update. The dealer called me today and said "everything seems fine." They said it was the "Four-by-Four Module." Whatever the hell that means. I said, so you replaced it? They said yes. They said they have been "driving it and driving it and it seems fine." I asked them how many miles they have put on it this time. "150 miles." I said, "so out of 750 miles, you have put on 250 of them now?

"That's what Chrysler asked us to do."

I MAY AS WELL HAVE BOUGHT A FREAKING DEMO.

750 BREAK-IN MILES and 250 of them have been put on the dealer. I don't even want to know what my car has been through. I am furious right now.

The only good news is once my lawyer gets this repair sheet, he can serve Chrysler with papers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 05-13-2013, 11:39 AM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,886
Thanks: 297
Thanked 301 Times in 266 Posts
Rep Power: 1801313
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

I hope you get out of this car.

But I wouldn't be mad that they drove it. With the problems you were having, I'd be more upset if they said we replaced the part, have your wife do the test drive.

The break in period is only a few hundred miles, IIRC, and even some aggressive driving at this point isn't hurting anything.



.
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 AM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 818
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 3343
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

I wonder what Chrysler thinks they will gain here by dragging their feet when it comes to setting this issue right with you. It's not like the 2014s have been problem free...far from it...and a lot of people know this, both inside and outside the company. It's like Chrysler has never heard the advant of the internet or of websites like these dedicated to certain classes of vehicles.

So all I see them gaining here is increased bad publicity...further proving the sterotype people have of Chrysler vehicles and how they are serviced.

__________________
2014 Granite GC Overland 4x4 3.6L / Mud Flaps / Pedal Set / Lighted Door Sills / Slush Mats & Cargo Mat / H11 Phillips Fog Light Bulbs / Skid Plates (Front & Middle Only) / Tinted Front Door Windows (35%) / Airaid CAI / Build Date: 12/13 / 8.4AN v14.25.05
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Koolga's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 14
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 461
Koolga is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

After going through a similar situation with a 2005 Hyundai Sonata (Passenger side seat sensor not working correctly), I am not sure I'd want to go through it again. I did eventually get full buy back from Hyundai on it. They handled it very well once they couldn't fix the issue. It took a while, but I basically said if I ever had an accident and my wife was hurt because the air bag didn't deploy (after it had been in for repair for it), then I was going to own a very large portion of Hyundai.

It took 6 months or so for them to go through the process of seat cushion replacement, reprogramming, etc... several dealers and many dollars later (for them), they finally took it back. Stuck with them ever since, until I ordered my first Jeep last month. Now I am wondering if I am going to be one of the "lucky" ones with a lemon after signing up on this forum. I'm hoping not.

AMC, what part of NY are you from? I'm in the southern central part.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 236937
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

@GCLimited, my wife had a long discussion with the service department. They let her vent a bit and reassured her that this had all been done through corporate -- that they were taking this issue very seriously. She reiterated several times how much we loved the vehicle and just wanted it to work properly. One of the guys told her, "well, these are rolling machines and things are going to happen..." My wife reminded him that our last two vehicles -- a TSX Sportwagon and a Subaru Forester -- were also rolling vehicles that had NEVER needed ANYTHING but regular maintenance.

Right now, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but we are giving this vehicle ONE MORE CHANCE. Fourth time and it won't matter anyway since these are all related issues and four times is automatic Lemon in NY. But for now, we think better that this vehicle has had a lot of attention paid to it and who knows what we would get for our replacement Grand Cherokee -- would we get another with an issue and start this whole thing over again? Right now, we're going with the devil we know and hope that this vehicle will treat us right now.

I can't believe what we have been through with this...

@bill_de - they said all the managers drove it for a bit to make sure it was OK, you're right -- it wasn't joyriding.

And @Koolga, sorry to hear about your Hyundai. I'm currently on Long Island ("from" New Hampshire).

As so many here love to say, supposedly us problem owners are in the minority. Hopefully you'll be just fine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,180
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 3060
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc2002 View Post
@GCLimited, my wife had a long discussion with the service department. They let her vent a bit and reassured her that this had all been done through corporate -- that they were taking this issue very seriously. She reiterated several times how much we loved the vehicle and just wanted it to work properly. One of the guys told her, "well, these are rolling machines and things are going to happen..." My wife reminded him that our last two vehicles -- a TSX Sportwagon and a Subaru Forester -- were also rolling vehicles that had NEVER needed ANYTHING but regular maintenance.

Right now, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but we are giving this vehicle ONE MORE CHANCE. Fourth time and it won't matter anyway since these are all related issues and four times is automatic Lemon in NY. But for now, we think better that this vehicle has had a lot of attention paid to it and who knows what we would get for our replacement Grand Cherokee -- would we get another with an issue and start this whole thing over again? Right now, we're going with the devil we know and hope that this vehicle will treat us right now.

I can't believe what we have been through with this...

@bill_de - they said all the managers drove it for a bit to make sure it was OK, you're right -- it wasn't joyriding.

And @Koolga, sorry to hear about your Hyundai. I'm currently on Long Island ("from" New Hampshire).

As so many here love to say, supposedly us problem owners are in the minority. Hopefully you'll be just fine.
You will probably be happier if you can just take it and drive it and not have anymore issues. If had to go through the buyback process it would probably just be more frustration and waiting. Chrysler uses an outside company to handle the buybacks and sometimes from what I understand it can take a while. What it sounds like you had is a minor problem of a loose ground that led to a couple of modules getting fried.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,180
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 3060
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottubes View Post
It's in Brighton, MI... Brighton Chrysler Jeep. I chose them because of my experience with the first vehicle I bought from them. I have bought many new cars over the years and have had some awful experiences. I really think the dealer has a bigger impact on customer satisfaction than the manufacturer could ever have. Any vehicle can have problems, it's how they are dealt with that counts. I hope you finally get your car fixed or replaced. Best of luck to you!

I like Brighton Chrysler Jeep even though I have never bought anything there or even been to this dealer. When I got my last Grand Cherokee they had the one I wanted and Overlands were in short supply and other dealers would not give them up. They agreed to a dealer trade and even drove it to the dealer I bought from.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:10 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,886
Thanks: 297
Thanked 301 Times in 266 Posts
Rep Power: 1801313
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC Totally $#@% dead

AMC,

I wish you and your wife the best of luck. If everything is fixed you will probably love this Jeep more than if nothing had happened. I hope that's the case.


---
__________________

__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Jeep TOTALLY DeBug Quadra Lift by 2014/2015? ColoradoJeep Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 12 06-14-2012 09:06 PM
Totally over my 180 tstat JeepCoop Performance Modifications 40 12-06-2011 11:44 PM
Totally lucked out...pickin up tomorrow!! PILSNER14 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 05-01-2011 01:54 AM
Totally Impressed - ncollado Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8 11-02-2010 07:04 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community