Originally Posted by mmcrh
When u hop in your wk2 2014 GC, can you please test the following and let me know result:
1) start engine, then select Control menu
2) press voice command button on steering wheel, and then voice command "switch to radio"
Does it switch to Radio menu?
Thanks in advance.
I have had the same problem, it won't switch to radio. It is annoying. It will switch to everything else, but won't switch to radio. Albion service centre here in Brisbane has applied every Uconnect flash that is out there but to no avail. I even made a video recording of it and showed it to my service tech, he is bemused.
These are the things I have figured out so far:
1. I disconnect my bluetooth device before turning off the ignition. I found that if i did not disconnect bluetooth, Uconnect responded with a cancelled message when VR buttton is pressed and it won't switch to radio. But pressing other soft keys got it out of the lock state and it responded to switch to radio.
2. Instead of saying switch to radio or go to radio, I say tune to FM / AM radio and it works fine.
3. I just simply leave the bluetooth on my phone ON and I have not had a problem since. It seems to latch onto the state it was left in and until that prior state is restored it won't get out of it. I found it out by chance, got into the Jeep started it and pressed the VR button all it kept on saying was 'cancelled' , turned my phones bluetooth ON and it worked fine.
Try these things and see if it helps.