Originally Posted by Briant73
I purchased a new 2014 Overland V6 new last year and due to the amount of issues and so far the inability of the dealership to fix some of them I'm left wondering what to do. I have had more issues with this Jeep than my last four new cars combined in just the first 11 months and some still exist. My Dealer is courteous and doesn't brush me off but if there is no fix from Chrysler or they can't replicate the issue it goes unfixed and I am wondering what others have done in my situation -
I sent the dealership service manager an email yesterday detailing all the unfixed issues below but am wondering if I should escalate to Chrysler corporate or even review lemon law (some issues I have asked 3 or more times to be fixed without resolution).
Issues I have had:
1) Passenger side front fender misaligned and rubbed against door, dealer fixed but there is now a paint issue in that area from where the two rubbed.
2) Hood misaligned, dealer fixed
3) Tailgate misaligned, dealer attempted to fix but it's obviously still misaligned and the spoiler sits much lower than roof, dealer say's its normal.
4) Transmission has at times harsh downshifts when stopping, also sport mode is horrible with both up and down shifts. Lately I noticed once in a awhile when I step on the gas the car acts like it can't shift or is in neutral.
5) Shudder/vibration on the highway at speed in the steering wheel. The dealer did a balancing that helped some but it's still there and they say it's normal.
6) Driver side exterior lock button doesn't always work and I'm careful about not touching the handle when pressing.
7) Loud tick/ping noise from rear of vehicle possibly spoiler when driven on sunny days. Haven't talked to dealer yet
8) Since hvac tsb to correct hot cabin, hvac blows cold air after starting even when the outside temp is 5-10 degrees Less than the inside auto setting.
9) Various uconnect issues that others have also though it seems Chrysler is trying to fix with updates.
10) Outside temp gauge and wipers don't work right. There appears to be a TSB for this which I'm willing to try but again another issue.
11) Brake booster recall - asked dealer to do but nothing done after over a month, possible part availability issue.
12) Near the lower parts of the rear wheel wells/rocker the paint is discolored, asked dealer what can be done, haven't heard back.
13) When vehicle is running and in drive but stopped vibration and drone felt/heard in the vehicle. Shifting into neutral seems to reduce or eliminate this.
Please note I am not trying to criticize Jeep or the the Grand Cherokee line, just relating my experiences and frustration/disappointment with my particular Jeep which was bought new.
I had many of the issues you are having with your Jeep.
Purchased a Limited with all extras. 20" Rims from the Overland and Diesel V6 engine.
Build date: 04/2013
Had almost all the issues you have including the steering-wheel shimmy among other things. Nothing ever got rid of the shimmy completely. And after I had water inside the car, I made a deal with the garage and Jeep to return the car and receive a new one with only minimal financial loss.
I now have the exact same car with the same rims I had on the last one.
Build date: 01/2014
The car is much quieter and the steering wheel is still as a rock unless on a bad road.
Yes, I also already found some issues on this new one again which are very common - but nothing as bad as the last one and I believe the dealer can take care of these issues.
If you want my advice, make them take the car back and give you a new one with a 2014 build date!
Do not keep the one you have - life is too short for all the trouble.
Try and cut a deal - involve Christler or the lemon law - make a complete printed dossier listing all problems and emails with your dealer from day 1 - you may have to live with a small financial loss due to the mileage, but make sure they do everything in their power to help you get rid of this hopeless car and get a brand new 2014 JGC.
It is your right and you deserve it.
Oh, and by the way: the new one shifts gears like a dream!
Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage