Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #73  
Old 09-07-2013, 04:22 PM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 362
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 757
not_too_shabby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
I'm with Bill on this. Quicker and more convenient to do it myself.
The guy that has it said it will lower after you get out of the car. So in our case the car stops lowering once we turn off the engine or open the door. In the case of the new vehicles, it will lower after you turn off the engine and get out. So when you get back in it will be hunkered down for you. This is an improvement IMO since I forget to hit the button often, but in the new vehicles when you get back to the car it will be lowered.
__________________

__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to not_too_shabby For This Useful Post:
  #74  
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 PM
jacko15's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 201
Thanked 130 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 88243
jacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

I don't forget to hit the button, so it's not an issue for me, sorry it troubles you.
__________________

__________________
Mine: 2014 Overland 4x4 V6, ORA II, billet silver/black, Michelin LTX M/S 2's, MaxCare Lifetime, delivered 4-13-'13
Wife's Jeep: 2008 Compass Sport 4x4, 2.4L I4 DOHC, CVT, Lifetime powertrain warranty
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-08-2013, 11:42 AM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 764
Thanks: 23
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 1517
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
Is this really that big of a deal? I mean would you really want it doing this everytime you shut it off. All this is to me is extra wear on the air suspension. It is not at all uncommon to have changes and improvements made along the way. I am sure on the 2015 some change or a feature or two will be added that we don't have now. Its just the way it is and by the way they are not public yet so at this point there is no share price to worry about.
As I said above I could careless about easy entry don't want it don't need it would never use it. yes I am well well well aware we can expect improvements in the 2015 models what moron wouldn't. You missed the larger point I was trying to make completely but it doesn't matter, forget it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-08-2013, 03:44 PM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 362
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 757
not_too_shabby is on a distinguished road
The issue I have is the manual refers to a feature that doesn't exist on the early builds. It has nothing to do with them adding features later, it has to do with misleading a consumer by publishing information about a feature that it does not have.

This is a snapshot from my DVD manual. Fraud may be a bit dramatic, but it is clearly a misrepresentation.

image-729284301.jpg
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to not_too_shabby For This Useful Post:
  #77  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM
MajorTom's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 338
Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1412
MajorTom has a reputation beyond reputeMajorTom has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
I don't think it did exist before? I don't recall there being an easy entry option in the 2011-13s? I could have missed it but it certainly was not in the radio control software back then? Maybe you are confusing the easy entry / exit seat?
I owned a 2012 for a short time and there was an easy exit option but don't remember it being an option in the radio.
__________________


______________________________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Cashmere Pearl
Jeep Brown Interior - V6
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 PM
AZhiCntry's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 543
Thanks: 280
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 48741
AZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond reputeAZhiCntry has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
The issue I have is the manual refers to a feature that doesn't exist on the early builds. It has nothing to do with them adding features later, it has to do with misleading a consumer by publishing information about a feature that it does not have.

This is a snapshot from my DVD manual. Fraud may be a bit dramatic, but it is clearly a misrepresentation.

Attachment 28722
X2, I agree and I would like to have the option!
__________________
2014 GC Limited V6 4x4, white w/black & frost beige, LuxII, RA4, ORA II, Cooper Discoverer AT3's. :D:D:D
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,475
Thanks: 258
Thanked 257 Times in 228 Posts
Rep Power: 1800512
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
The issue I have is the manual refers to a feature that doesn't exist on the early builds. It has nothing to do with them adding features later, it has to do with misleading a consumer by publishing information about a feature that it does not have.

This is a snapshot from my DVD manual. Fraud may be a bit dramatic, but it is clearly a misrepresentation.

Attachment 28722
It's not so misleading if you read the beginning of the OM where it says something to the effect that the manual may refer to features that are not available.


---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:22 PM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 362
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 757
not_too_shabby is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
It's not so misleading if you read the beginning of the OM where it says something to the effect that the manual may refer to features that are not available.


---
Good point. This is what the manual says at the beginning

This manual illustrates and describes the operation of features
and equipment that are either standard or optional on
this vehicle. This manual may also include a description of
features and equipment that are no longer available or were
not ordered on this vehicle. Please disregard any features
and equipment described in this manual that are not on this
vehicle.



In my case, I have the optional air suspension. The manual says Air Suspension - If equipped. My car has air suspension so I would expect it to have the functions described. The auto entry/exit was not in production yet so the part about it being removed doesn't really apply. Why they would write a manual that talks about options not yet in production doesn't make sense to me. They have gone through a few revisions of the manual already, so they will no doubt update it when they add the rolling production changes. Interpret it how you want, it doesn't make me feel any better. Instead of believing everything the sales person told me, I read the manual, only to find out it was inaccurate. Next time I need I need to do a longer test drive.
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to not_too_shabby For This Useful Post:
  #81  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:47 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,475
Thanks: 258
Thanked 257 Times in 228 Posts
Rep Power: 1800512
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
Good point. This is what the manual says at the beginning

This manual illustrates and describes the operation of features
and equipment that are either standard or optional on
this vehicle. This manual may also include a description of
features and equipment that are no longer available or were
not ordered on this vehicle. Please disregard any features
and equipment described in this manual that are not on this
vehicle.



In my case, I have the optional air suspension. The manual says Air Suspension - If equipped. My car has air suspension so I would expect it to have the functions described. The auto entry/exit was not in production yet so the part about it being removed doesn't really apply. Why they would write a manual that talks about options not yet in production doesn't make sense to me. They have gone through a few revisions of the manual already, so they will no doubt update it when they add the rolling production changes. Interpret it how you want, it doesn't make me feel any better. Instead of believing everything the sales person told me, I read the manual, only to find out it was inaccurate. Next time I need I need to do a longer test drive.
I know how you feel. Version 5 of the owner's manual still says;

"Sand – Off road calibration for use on low traction
surfaces such as sand or wet grass. Driveline is maximized
for traction. Some binding may be felt on less
forgiving surfaces. The electronic brake controls are set
to limit traction control management of throttle and
wheel spin. If equipped with air suspension, the level
will change to Off-Road 1."

It doesn't work that way. Even if you are in OR1 and switch to sand mode it lowers the Jeep to NRH. This in spite of it also saying that OR1 should be the standard mode for any off road driving.

There was a time this idiocy would really get me upset. But one day it came to me that while I was getting agitated, all the screw ups were out enjoying themselves without a care in the world. I'd like to see all these things fixed, but with Jeep I don't think it will happen. So, as long as it just means pressing a few extra buttons I can live with that.

I plan to keep this one 3 or 4 years. If for some reason I had to replace, I wouldn't rule out another one, but I would do some serious looking around first.


---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:36 AM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 362
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 757
not_too_shabby is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
I know how you feel. Version 5 of the owner's manual still says;

"Sand – Off road calibration for use on low traction
surfaces such as sand or wet grass. Driveline is maximized
for traction. Some binding may be felt on less
forgiving surfaces. The electronic brake controls are set
to limit traction control management of throttle and
wheel spin. If equipped with air suspension, the level
will change to Off-Road 1."

It doesn't work that way. Even if you are in OR1 and switch to sand mode it lowers the Jeep to NRH. This in spite of it also saying that OR1 should be the standard mode for any off road driving.

There was a time this idiocy would really get me upset. But one day it came to me that while I was getting agitated, all the screw ups were out enjoying themselves without a care in the world. I'd like to see all these things fixed, but with Jeep I don't think it will happen. So, as long as it just means pressing a few extra buttons I can live with that.

I plan to keep this one 3 or 4 years. If for some reason I had to replace, I wouldn't rule out another one, but I would do some serious looking around first.


---

Good philosophy.
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 PM
cnynctry's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PV Arizona
Posts: 72
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1830
cnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond reputecnynctry has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

So it begs the question of how is it supposed to work.? Which is correct? The manual or the current programming?
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Overland
2014 Wrangler Rubicon
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-06-2013, 02:22 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,475
Thanks: 258
Thanked 257 Times in 228 Posts
Rep Power: 1800512
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnynctry View Post
So it begs the question of how is it supposed to work.? Which is correct? The manual or the current programming?
Which begs the next question ... Who can you believe?

If the programming is correct, you'd think by the fifth version they would have the manual corrected.

Having to press the button to raise it after going into sand mode doesn't bother me. The crazy part is that when starting the Jeep to leave, the Select Terrain defaults to auto, while the Quadra Lift remains in OR1. When I select sand mode the car lowers to NRH and I have to raise it again.


---
__________________

__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Uconnect RA3 - RA4 / Engineering Menu *sox* Audio/Visual/Navigation 20 12-06-2013 08:18 PM
Easy fix for "blinding" too bright headlight indicator mixer440 Interior/Exterior/Visual 10 12-20-2012 07:43 PM
Quadra-Lift "Air Suspension System Cooling Down Please Wait" CollegeBoy Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 08-04-2012 09:44 AM
Quadra lift "park" height and EVIC bbjrhome Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 5 10-30-2011 05:26 AM
Quadra-Lift w/ 18"s or 20"s? King335i Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 40 09-18-2010 08:41 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community