Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1623
STIX is just really nice
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

Well, after the last fix the overheating and sluggishness is back in the QL system. Took to the dealer and they thought it may be a faulty compressor so I was told the part was on order. Kept calling and visited dealer twice in person and told it was on back order.

Flash forward 1.5 months later, no part. Ironically I get a call fro Chrysler cust service about my service and give them hell. Now I have a dedicated rep on the issue who mediates with the dealer. Turns out the part was never on order cause Chrysler engineers thought it wasn't the compressor but no one communicated it to the service dept.

I take my jeep back in and now they think it's a pin hole leak in the a harness cluster under the dash that's a 1600 dollar part. On order now. If this doesn't work, then I'm going to lemon law it. Very frustrated. To top it off my dash is starting to separate so a whole new dash top was also ordered. Arg.
__________________

__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
Dark Charcoal Pearl, Black/Black Interior
Add-ons: Lighted Sill Guards, Chrome Bezels, Shark Fin, LED Licence Plate Lights
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 3041
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIX View Post
Well, after the last fix the overheating and sluggishness is back in the QL system. Took to the dealer and they thought it may be a faulty compressor so I was told the part was on order. Kept calling and visited dealer twice in person and told it was on back order.

Flash forward 1.5 months later, no part. Ironically I get a call fro Chrysler cust service about my service and give them hell. Now I have a dedicated rep on the issue who mediates with the dealer. Turns out the part was never on order cause Chrysler engineers thought it wasn't the compressor but no one communicated it to the service dept.

I take my jeep back in and now they think it's a pin hole leak in the a harness cluster under the dash that's a 1600 dollar part. On order now. If this doesn't work, then I'm going to lemon law it. Very frustrated. To top it off my dash is starting to separate so a whole new dash top was also ordered. Arg.

It seems like in alot of cases it is a faulty compressor. I know in my case that is what it was. The fact that they are on back order and you can't even get it tells you alot. But whatever it is hopefully they get it resolved for you soon. Is it driveable?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1623
STIX is just really nice
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

Drivable, but for on road use only. I wanted to take it offroading on the beach in MD, but I didn't want to chance it without being able to lift up the suspension.
__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
Dark Charcoal Pearl, Black/Black Interior
Add-ons: Lighted Sill Guards, Chrome Bezels, Shark Fin, LED Licence Plate Lights
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 3041
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

When my compressor was bad that was the problem I had it would not lift, but worked fine in normal mode. Did they check the output of the compressor?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
esports15's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 152
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 14944
esports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond reputeesports15 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

My jeep just started having this exact issue. Jeep takes forever to reach OR1 (if it even does) and will never make the OR2 height. Anyone have some advice on how to pursue this with the dealer?

It is a huge pain that Jeep doesn't offer loaners.

STIX, what was the final resolution of your issue?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1623
STIX is just really nice
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by esports15 View Post
My jeep just started having this exact issue. Jeep takes forever to reach OR1 (if it even does) and will never make the OR2 height. Anyone have some advice on how to pursue this with the dealer?

It is a huge pain that Jeep doesn't offer loaners.

STIX, what was the final resolution of your issue?
At the end of aug they replaced the entire suspension system. Everything was ok until yesterday and now the same issues have returned.... Sluggish transition from NRH to or1, no or2, fault message, compressor running excessively, tank noise, etc.

Going to lemon law it on Monday. Dealer provided my device records Friday as support. Hopefully Chrysler handles this well otherwise I will have to take my business elsewhere.
__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
Dark Charcoal Pearl, Black/Black Interior
Add-ons: Lighted Sill Guards, Chrome Bezels, Shark Fin, LED Licence Plate Lights
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Bull03's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Barrington, IL
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1325
Bull03 is on a distinguished road
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIX View Post
At the end of aug they replaced the entire suspension system. Everything was ok until yesterday and now the same issues have returned.... Sluggish transition from NRH to or1, no or2, fault message, compressor running excessively, tank noise, etc.

Going to lemon law it on Monday. Dealer provided my device records Friday as support. Hopefully Chrysler handles this well otherwise I will have to take my business elsewhere.
What qualifies for lemon law in NJ?
__________________
2011 Overland 4x4
Stone White/Black
5.7 MDS V8
Advanced Warning & Adaptive Cruise Control
730N (RHR)

2009 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sunburst Orange/ Grey
730 (RER)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1623
STIX is just really nice
Re: Air Suspension Problem - Noise and Not Working

Same issue after 2 repair attempts so long as your vehicle has less than 18k miles or 2 years old. Mines been at the dealer 4 times already and ive had it.
__________________

__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
Dark Charcoal Pearl, Black/Black Interior
Add-ons: Lighted Sill Guards, Chrome Bezels, Shark Fin, LED Licence Plate Lights
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lifting without disabling air suspension chibianh Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 4 01-13-2011 06:56 PM
How about reliability of QL(air suspension) goforjeep Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 53 11-26-2010 11:59 AM
Air suspension reliability mhansen2 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 1 11-02-2010 09:14 PM
Air bag suspension!! Help!! mngamer3 Grand Cherokee - WK 2 05-13-2010 08:17 PM
Suspension Problem? WK05 Grand Cherokee - WK 9 04-27-2010 11:44 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community