Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 08-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 3322
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post
Does he only work around NY? Would you mind PMing me his info too and what his costs were, etc?



He's pissed off and he has every right to be. I get it...I'm pissed off too and I havent been through half of what he has.

If it had happened to you...you'd get it.
I understand being pissed off. Believe me I would be pissed having those issues on a new vehicle. My point was how much time and energy would I put into being pissed after the fact. Are you going to be pissed for the next 3 years even if they are good? If a bird shits on the windshield are you going to say its because the Jeep is unreliable? If your attitude is negative than negative things tend to happen.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 08-30-2013, 09:50 PM
JeepGCOverland's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,010
Thanks: 170
Thanked 61 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2002
JeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
I understand being pissed off. Believe me I would be pissed having those issues on a new vehicle. My point was how much time and energy would I put into being pissed after the fact. Are you going to be pissed for the next 3 years even if they are good? If a bird shits on the windshield are you going to say its because the Jeep is unreliable? If your attitude is negative than negative things tend to happen.
I could be mistaken, but I think you misinterpreted marosenb's tone, which is hard to pick up over the internet. I don't think marosenb was complaining as much as he thought it was humorous that he got a flat after all of these issues. He has actually handled the whole situation with a GREAT attitude, and still has a (rightfully) tentatively-positive outlook.
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland- Granite/Beige, 5.7L HEMI V8, Quadra-Drive II, Advanced Technology Group

Pictures- http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/2014-...ite-61813.html
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeepGCOverland For This Useful Post:
  #303  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 962
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
I understand being pissed off. Believe me I would be pissed having those issues on a new vehicle. My point was how much time and energy would I put into being pissed after the fact. Are you going to be pissed for the next 3 years even if they are good? If a bird shits on the windshield are you going to say its because the Jeep is unreliable? If your attitude is negative than negative things tend to happen.

I made a tongue in cheek comment that my jeep doesn't like me. I did not post an angry rant, or anything like that. I'm not posting everyday that I am pissed off, or that Chrysler sucks. In fact, I think my posts have been pretty docile.

As far as the video, I have it in my sig. I honestly forgot it is even there... It's not like I actively link it's each time I post. Plus, it is pretty damn funny.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ:slapfight:
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 962
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland View Post
I could be mistaken, but I think you misinterpreted marosenb's tone, which is hard to pick up over the internet. I don't think marosenb was complaining as much as he thought it was humorous that he got a flat after all of these issues. He has actually handled the whole situation with a GREAT attitude, and still has a (rightfully) tentatively-positive outlook.
Thanks JeepGCOverland. I didn't think I sounded that bitter, but it is hard to read into the tone of things on a post.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ:slapfight:
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:12 PM
JeepGCOverland's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,010
Thanks: 170
Thanked 61 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2002
JeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeJeepGCOverland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
Thanks JeepGCOverland. I didn't think I sounded that bitter, but it is hard to read into the tone of things on a post.
No problem! I didn't think you sounded bitter at all. I read it as a tongue-in-cheek, humorous comment, but you are right, it is sometimes hard to sense the tone of a comment over the internet.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland- Granite/Beige, 5.7L HEMI V8, Quadra-Drive II, Advanced Technology Group

Pictures- http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/2014-...ite-61813.html
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 3322
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
I made a tongue in cheek comment that my jeep doesn't like me. I did not post an angry rant, or anything like that. I'm not posting everyday that I am pissed off, or that Chrysler sucks. In fact, I think my posts have been pretty docile.

As far as the video, I have it in my sig. I honestly forgot it is even there... It's not like I actively link it's each time I post. Plus, it is pretty damn funny.
I wasn't saying it was an angry rant. I was just saying that since it sounds like your keeping the jeep. I would think you want to enjoy it so for that to happen you will probably have to move on from the past problems.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 08-31-2013, 12:08 AM
SW03ES's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,857
Thanks: 17
Thanked 62 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 1303588
SW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

You didn't sound bitter marosen...fanboys are fanboys. if the thing caught on fire and killed their dog they'd make excuses for it.
__________________
~Steve~
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 4X4. Maximum Steel w/ Vesuvio Jeep Brown/Indigo Blue. Advanced Tech Pkg.
2013 Lexus GS350 AWD, Liquid Platinum w/ Flaxen. Luxury & Cold Weather Pkg
Previous Jeep: 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X w/Nav, QT1 & Trailer Tow
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 08-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 3322
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post
You didn't sound bitter marosen...fanboys are fanboys. if the thing caught on fire and killed their dog they'd make excuses for it.
Nobody said anything about bitter. I simply making a statement about looking forward rather than back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:08 AM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 237088
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinjeep View Post
AMC Congrats on your new car, glad you went with something that's reliable and you wont have to worry about your fam driving it around any longer.

And marosenb, keep that video up, I lol every time I look at it.
Thanks! And I agree - leave the video.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 AM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 237088
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post

Nobody said anything about bitter. I simply making a statement about looking forward rather than back.
OK, so not bitter, - "negative." And your own tone has implied that he is upset, irritated, etc. He has every right to be. Walk a mile in his shoes and all that. Seriously. I don't think people who haven't gone through what he has can understand the feeling of being on eggshells with your family vehicle, and the massive disruption in your lives that it causes.

That said, I don't get the feeling at all that he is dwelling on this. Sometimes a flat tire is just a flat tire, you know? And my interpretation was that @marosenb was taking it all in stride, and was kinda joking about it, not complaining that this was another "defect."

As far as I'm concerned though, you buy two Jeep vehicles that each die in the road almost as soon as you get them, and ANYTHING you might say in a forum is fair game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 3322
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc2002 View Post
OK, so not bitter, - "negative." And your own tone has implied that he is upset, irritated, etc. He has every right to be. Walk a mile in his shoes and all that. Seriously. I don't think people who haven't gone through what he has can understand the feeling of being on eggshells with your family vehicle, and the massive disruption in your lives that it causes.

That said, I don't get the feeling at all that he is dwelling on this. Sometimes a flat tire is just a flat tire, you know? And my interpretation was that @marosenb was taking it all in stride, and was kinda joking about it, not complaining that this was another "defect."

As far as I'm concerned though, you buy two Jeep vehicles that each die in the road almost as soon as you get them, and ANYTHING you might say in a forum is fair game.

I agree, but are you going to let it continue to disrupt your life for the whole time you own the vehicle? I think this thread had run its course weeks ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 PM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 237088
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post

I agree, but are you going to let it continue to disrupt your life for the whole time you own the vehicle? I think this thread had run its course weeks ago.
You know what they say about opinions.

If people are still posting here, obviously the thread is still relevant. If you want to try to get a mod to close it, have at it.

Cheers.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 GC Overland v6 2wd - A/C Fan Continues to blow - but not through vents... morty346 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 07-19-2013 10:11 AM
Tramlining problem continues... and it's not just me seskeet Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 5 07-16-2012 05:16 PM
Viper Wheels Conundrum Continues blackpepper Visual Modifications 17 08-01-2011 10:11 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.