Originally Posted by GTREVINOWK2
also noise from the window switch assy to the door panel pocket
I'm OCD about squeaks and this one was driving me crazy as my knee rests against the door card when I drive. I did end up fixing it and although its a bit ghetto I would rather go this route than have the dealership rip it all apart and try to figure it out.
1) Pry out the window switch assembly with your fingertips
2) Disconnect wire harness and remove assembly to make it easier to work on
3) There are 4 shiny metal tabs on the switch assembly that provide the pressure fit - wrap these in green painters tape. The metal rubs against the leather and can cause a squeak esp if you use a leather conditioner or treatment.
4) On the outer lip of the switch assembly I also used double sided 3M tape but only peeled one side off. Cut one strip about 6" long and then cut that strip into 4 skinny 1/8" strips. The plastic also seems to rub on the leather causing additional squeaks.
5) Press switch assembly back into place
That did it for me and I now have my squeak and rattle free ride back. Can't see a thing once it's re-installed.
Next up I'm going to try to make a cold air intake out of duc tape. Stay tuned.