Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 PM
dubwarren's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmith View Post
First problem: One of my fog lights is out. I've only had them turned on three times so far and one's out. Hopefully the dealer will replace it for free because it's shouldn't have burned out.

Second problem: I'm taking it in for the shudder TSB because I'm really noticing it now.
they updated the shudder tsb, and for good reason- after my pcm was updated the shudder didnt go away. Hopefully the new updated corrects the issue once and for all. Although it did fix the problem in sport mode, which is the only way i drive my jeep anyway...i gotmy jeep sideways last night, man i love sport mode.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-30-2010, 12:05 PM
chibianh's Avatar
Premium Member


My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 592
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 96424
chibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to chibianh
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwarren View Post
they updated the shudder tsb, and for good reason- after my pcm was updated the shudder didnt go away. Hopefully the new updated corrects the issue once and for all. Although it did fix the problem in sport mode, which is the only way i drive my jeep anyway...i gotmy jeep sideways last night, man i love sport mode.
does sport mode hold the gear you're in longer? I'm presuming gas mileage suffers a bit more
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM
dubwarren's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

sport mode turns off esp and makes the car drive like a rear wheel drive vehicle. Much more fun IMO.

I dont think sport mode affects shifting, although I dont know that for sure, i can say i havent noticed any difference. But for sure, sport mode gives you a different feel vs. auto mode, much more like a sports car.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1630
jpsmith is on a distinguished road
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Sport mode doesn't turn esp fully off, but it does limit it. Sport mode does not change shift points. Sport mode makes it more like 2wd, though it's still sort-of awd with it on. I read somewhere (don't remember where, maybe in the owner's manual) that sport mode sets it to 80% rear, 20% front.

My favorite way to play with the Jeep on the streets is with a combination of Sport Mode and Tow/Haul. Hitting the Tow/Haul button disables MDS, disables 5th gear OD (but leaves 4th gear OD enabled) and alters the shift points such that each gear is held to a higher RPM before shifting.

In Sport mode with Tow/Haul on, I punched it when rounding a bend at 30mph and spun the back wheels.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM
dubwarren's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmith View Post
Sport mode doesn't turn esp fully off, but it does limit it. Sport mode does not change shift points. Sport mode makes it more like 2wd, though it's still sort-of awd with it on. I read somewhere (don't remember where, maybe in the owner's manual) that sport mode sets it to 80% rear, 20% front.

My favorite way to play with the Jeep on the streets is with a combination of Sport Mode and Tow/Haul. Hitting the Tow/Haul button disables MDS, disables 5th gear OD (but leaves 4th gear OD enabled) and alters the shift points such that each gear is held to a higher RPM before shifting.

In Sport mode with Tow/Haul on, I punched it when rounding a bend at 30mph and spun the back wheels.

that sounds awesome. sport mode with tow/haul on. i never even thought of that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1630
jpsmith is on a distinguished road
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Prepare to be thrillified.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1497
Blackwolf is on a distinguished road
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmith View Post

My favorite way to play with the Jeep on the streets is with a combination of Sport Mode and Tow/Haul. Hitting the Tow/Haul button disables MDS, disables 5th gear OD (but leaves 4th gear OD enabled) and alters the shift points such that each gear is held to a higher RPM before shifting.

In Sport mode with Tow/Haul on, I punched it when rounding a bend at 30mph and spun the back wheels.

This I have to try!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM
dubwarren's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

I'll do it tonight or tomorrow. ill provide feedback at that time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
New Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
hlavka is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

I had my Overland for 1 day when the Fuel cap alarm came on. Going on a week now and local dealer can't get rid of the alarm. Claims the vehicle diagnostic software is not able to reset the alarm... Sent a request into Chrysler R&D.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Spoon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1547
Spoon is on a distinguished road
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwarren View Post
I'll do it tonight or tomorrow. ill provide feedback at that time.
So what happened! Enough with the suspense already LOL!
__________________
-Spoon





CHERRY THAT'S HER NAME DON'T WEAR IT OUT

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-01-2010, 05:40 PM
dubwarren's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

From what I can tell, leaving it in tow haul/sport mode lets you run the rpm's higher before shifting, which helps acceleration. I got WAAAAAY loose today, almost lost it. Too much fun to even begin to describe......people think im crazy around here.....I wouldnt reccomend driving all day with tow haul on but its fun for a short trip. the jeep snapped so hard when i punched it that i thought i had been rear ended. i shit you not. sooo much fun. thank god no cops were around or that was a reckelss driving all day long......which added to thrill.....auto mode is sooooooooo boring.....sport mode is where its at.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Spoon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1547
Spoon is on a distinguished road
Re: Any glitches after weeks of driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwarren View Post
From what I can tell, leaving it in tow haul/sport mode lets you run the rpm's higher before shifting, which helps acceleration. I got WAAAAAY loose today, almost lost it. Too much fun to even begin to describe......people think im crazy around here.....I wouldnt reccomend driving all day with tow haul on but its fun for a short trip. the jeep snapped so hard when i punched it that i thought i had been rear ended. i shit you not. sooo much fun. thank god no cops were around or that was a reckelss driving all day long......which added to thrill.....auto mode is sooooooooo boring.....sport mode is where its at.
I will have to give that a try then! *AHEM* when I get my jeep, *ah-AHEM* when they build it and deliver it LOL!
__________________

__________________
-Spoon





CHERRY THAT'S HER NAME DON'T WEAR IT OUT

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6+ weeks - still not fixed, '07 5.7 just dies 07GrandCherokee Troubleshooting/Problems 83 01-09-2013 05:23 PM
new mods within 2 weeks. pkang21 Visual Modifications 23 09-24-2009 10:47 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community