Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 08-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 725
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocker View Post
They did have to originally replace the module when it had a 'blind spot unavailable , service required' on my display. After they replaced it, it was acting erratically, going off for no reason and when cars were well beyond blind spot.

Have you tried turning it on/off in settings? Do the triangles blink in the side mirrors blink when you do?
When I use the settings to turn it on/off, it triggers the error message in the EVIC.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 32
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 523
Spocker is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

I guess I spoke too soon! Blind spot alert unavailable, service required message returned again this morning! Calling them now.
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Delivered July 9, 2014!!: 2014 Limited GC V6, Brilliant Black Ext/ Black and Light Frost Interior, LuxGroup II, ORA II, AdvTechGroup
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 725
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocker View Post
I guess I spoke too soon! Blind spot alert unavailable, service required message returned again this morning! Calling them now.
THIS is ridiculous, quite honestly. Because I know that when I go back and they install the new module, the problem will not be fixed based on what you are experiencing. I just don't have the time to make all of these visits to the dealership. I mean, I do have a full-time job, Geez, my LR4 did not have half the problems and Land Rover is supposedly the most unreliable of all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 32
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 523
Spocker is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post
THIS is ridiculous, quite honestly. Because I know that when I go back and they install the new module, the problem will not be fixed based on what you are experiencing. I just don't have the time to make all of these visits to the dealership. I mean, I do have a full-time job, Geez, my LR4 did not have half the problems and Land Rover is supposedly the most unreliable of all.
Agreed! It really is getting old. I know every service guy by name, and I've only had it a month or so. It's the only real problem I've had, but it is annoying. What's really more annoying is that I just paid $600 about a week before this thing failed to activate my GPS... Had I held out maybe I could have gotten them to comp me the GPS for the multiple return trips to the dealer for the same issue!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Delivered July 9, 2014!!: 2014 Limited GC V6, Brilliant Black Ext/ Black and Light Frost Interior, LuxGroup II, ORA II, AdvTechGroup
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 725
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Update:

Called my dealer today to see if they had received the BSM module they ordered for my JGC last Friday. According to the parts manager, the module is on national backorder and won't be available "for months" (his exact words). Wonder why. The parts manager then transferred me to my service advisor who told me that Chrysler is advising against replacing these modules. So what is the fix then? She is not quite sure but will get back to me. I wish to God I knew what was going on here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 3108
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post
Update:

Called my dealer today to see if they had received the BSM module they ordered for my JGC last Friday. According to the parts manager, the module is on national backorder and won't be available "for months" (his exact words). Wonder why. The parts manager then transferred me to my service advisor who told me that Chrysler is advising against replacing these modules. So what is the fix then? She is not quite sure but will get back to me. I wish to God I knew what was going on here.

There is a TSB that came out a couple days ago for the blind spot monitoring and says to check for a piece of missing stuffing or something like that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 725
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
There is a TSB that came out a couple days ago for the blind spot monitoring and says to check for a piece of missing stuffing or something like that.
Do you know if it was posted somewhere on any of these threads?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 3108
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post
Do you know if it was posted somewhere on any of these threads?

Its tsb 08-063-13 you can go over to wk2jeeps tsb and look at it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 725
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
Its tsb 08-063-13 you can go over to wk2jeeps tsb and look at it.
THANK YOU for that! Much appreciated.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 725
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
Its tsb 08-063-13 you can go over to wk2jeeps tsb and look at it.
Damn, this is not my issue.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 32
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 523
Spocker is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post
Update:

Called my dealer today to see if they had received the BSM module they ordered for my JGC last Friday. According to the parts manager, the module is on national backorder and won't be available "for months" (his exact words). Wonder why. The parts manager then transferred me to my service advisor who told me that Chrysler is advising against replacing these modules. So what is the fix then? She is not quite sure but will get back to me. I wish to God I knew what was going on here.
That TSB is not the problem I am having either.

I'm wondering if they are having a problem with this module and the '14's computer. I looked up the part number from my repair order though, and it seems to be the same module used in the previous few years.

I noticed the other day on an hour long drive my blind spot worked perfectly for about 45 minutes, then the BSM unavailable message came up. Uuugh. I know that this is going to be great to diagnose at the dealership, if it continues to work good at startup, then after some random amount of time it fails. I have an appointment tomorrow.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Delivered July 9, 2014!!: 2014 Limited GC V6, Brilliant Black Ext/ Black and Light Frost Interior, LuxGroup II, ORA II, AdvTechGroup
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 725
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: Blind Spot Detection System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocker View Post
That TSB is not the problem I am having either.

I'm wondering if they are having a problem with this module and the '14's computer. I looked up the part number from my repair order though, and it seems to be the same module used in the previous few years.

I noticed the other day on an hour long drive my blind spot worked perfectly for about 45 minutes, then the BSM unavailable message came up. Uuugh. I know that this is going to be great to diagnose at the dealership, if it continues to work good at startup, then after some random amount of time it fails. I have an appointment tomorrow.
This is precisely my issue as well. Interesting that the parts guy speculated that numerous owners must be having the same issue based on the fact that the part ordered for me is not expected in for months.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blind Spot Mirrors Red G8R Interior/Exterior/Visual 50 08-22-2014 10:23 PM
Replacement Mygig RHW to Alpine ICS-X8 - Blind Spot Detection error KUBIKR Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 0 06-26-2012 04:25 PM
Towing and Blind Spot warning ENFORCER Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 01-26-2012 04:16 PM
Blind Spot Detection Red G8R Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 6 05-16-2011 04:35 PM
Blind Spot and Rear Cross-Path Detection Cost dsmith14 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 10-04-2010 06:05 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community