Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1460
Drumandfly is on a distinguished road
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Do they cover the replacement of tires and rims?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1760
GlowingGhoul has much to be proud of
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumandfly View Post
Do they cover the replacement of tires and rims?
Nope.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1460
Drumandfly is on a distinguished road
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Newman!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2599
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul View Post
Max Care is not the same as the factory bumper to bumper warranty, but close.

Wear parts like brake pads/rotors, wiper blades, battery, and shocks are not covered. Neither is 'soft trim'.

That said, I just read over the entire policy and there is nothing in there that excludes the QuadraLift system. NOTHING. The WK2 with QuadraLift uses standard shocks. It's the springs that are replaced by an air filled "bag", which is covered along with every other QL component.
--------------------


Maximum Care is an exclusionary extended warranty, often referred to as a "Bumper-to-Bumper warranty" and as such if it's not excluded, it's covered. The only parts and labor not covered are:
  • Maintenance services and items used in such services.
  • Glass, plastic lenses.
  • Body and paint items, including soft trim.
  • Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time.
  • Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches

Yes there is nothing that excludes the QL system, but there is nothing that states its specific components are covered. Since this system is so new they do not have the specific components listed under parts that are covered. (IE compressors, air springs, air struts, air lines, valve blocks...)

I am not saying they won't cover it, but I have had plenty of dealings with extend warranties and they look at parts that break all the time and costs lots of money as ones not to cover. IF, there are lots of issues with these systems, they can use the contract as a tool against you, that it doesn't state it it covers the air suspension components.

Just a thought for some to check this now so you can have piece of mind later.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1760
GlowingGhoul has much to be proud of
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2011 View Post
Since this system is so new they do not have the specific components listed under parts that are covered.
Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't think you understand the nature of Maximum Care.

You're looking at a partial list that the warranty seller is using as an illustration of how much is covered.

The language in the actual contract is, as described above, exclusionary. That is, it says everything except specified items are covered. There is no list of covered components for Maximum Care, only a small list of things not covered. The lower end warranties do have long, specific lists of what is covered.

Chrysler can't add things to the exclusion list after the fact.

Personally, out of 30+ repairs on my WJ, they never gave me a problem. Ever.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1460
Drumandfly is on a distinguished road
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

So is www.chryslerwarrantys.com the same company or program you purchase at delivery? They sent me a 185 off online coupon immediately from their website.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1760
GlowingGhoul has much to be proud of
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

You can buy the contract from any Chrysler dealer, and as I suspected, in the small print at the bottom of the web is:

"As a franchised dealer, Bothun Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep is authorized to sell Chrysler Service Contracts"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,237
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2685
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Does anyone know if Chrysler extended warranty can be upgraded? For instance I don't drive to work now and think about getting 7/60,000 warranty. But if circumstances change later I may want to upgrade it to Lifetime.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2599
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul View Post
Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't think you understand the nature of Maximum Care.

You're looking at a partial list that the warranty seller is using as an illustration of how much is covered.

The language in the actual contract is, as described above, exclusionary. That is, it says everything except specified items are covered. There is no list of covered components for Maximum Care, only a small list of things not covered. The lower end warranties do have long, specific lists of what is covered.

Chrysler can't add things to the exclusion list after the fact.

Personally, out of 30+ repairs on my WJ, they never gave me a problem. Ever.

No I am not arguing at all either. I just want everyone to read before they purchase. The maximum care does list each component that is covered. It is on Jeep's website. http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contr...les/index.html

It lists each suspension component that is covered. And clearly doesn't show front shocks, air compressors, air valves, air tanks, air lines.....which is normally considered normal wear items.

Now it is good they have the exclusionary part of "all parts are covered except", but when they list what is covered......they do have an out if they deem they do not want to replace the air bags later.

Keep in mind they will need replacing every 30,000-50,000 miles as they rubber starts to crack and they develop leaks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1688
IndyBob has a spectacular aura about
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2011 View Post
No I am not arguing at all either. I just want everyone to read before they purchase. The maximum care does list each component that is covered. It is on Jeep's website. http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contr...les/index.html

It lists each suspension component that is covered. And clearly doesn't show front shocks, air compressors, air valves, air tanks, air lines.....which is normally considered normal wear items.

Now it is good they have the exclusionary part of "all parts are covered except", but when they list what is covered......they do have an out if they deem they do not want to replace the air bags later.

Keep in mind they will need replacing every 30,000-50,000 miles as they rubber starts to crack and they develop leaks.
If you read the Maximum Care list of some of the things covered front and rear shocks are clearly listed as being covered as well as spring airbag and suspension parts. Also list as covered is Compressor (air suspension).

I think the Maximum Care extended warranty pretty much covers it all except for a few normal wear items.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2599
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBob View Post
If you read the Maximum Care list of some of the things covered front and rear shocks are clearly listed as being covered as well as spring airbag and suspension parts. Also list as covered is Compressor (air suspension).

I think the Maximum Care extended warranty pretty much covers it all except for a few normal wear items.
Must be a different coverage sheet than what I can see online. The link on what is covered only states rear shocks and nothing for any air suspension systems. Where are you seeing these components are covered?

http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contr...les/index.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 128
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1527
wk2silverbullet is on a distinguished road
Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

70% of the reasons that I got this was for the QL. So I called the service contract number (jeep) and they said that the QL is covered. Front and back suspensions. He also mentioned that it would not be covered with the regular limited power train warranty.

I am still waiting for the warranty package to arrive(they said it should take up to 60 days) but I would not think they are lying...(innocent me)

If you can get lifetime for 2100 as the original OP stated, is not bad (would run you about 4% of the cost of the (overland + tax)

I was also told by the dealer, but I am not sure of this, that if your warranty is no longer enforceable ( big accident, sell the car, etc) you can get a prorated refund. I am not sure how that works for the lifetime warranty, but it is something to consider and maybe clarify.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 WK2 Prices Paid DieselvRR Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 363 02-20-2012 02:19 PM
Extended Warranty tbechtel Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 9 08-27-2010 09:43 AM
Paint prices.... OBXJeep Grand Cherokee - WK 8 08-13-2010 10:01 PM
Chrysler Extended Warranty............ Got5onIt Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK 19 03-28-2010 11:28 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community