Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 520
ba_jeepfan is on a distinguished road
Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

I should be picking up my new 2014 Jeep GC Limited 4x4, V-8 hemi, TECH package, LUX II, 20's, Deep cherry, Morocco black interior within the next week or so. delivery date shows 7/5. However after reading some of the posts on this site, I'm feeling more nervous and scared rather than happy & excited to go pick up my jeep. This will be the first Jeep I've ever owned. So I was hoping all of you more knowledgeable folks on the site could help put my mind at ease or at least help me know what to expect... Were most of these major issues with vehicles completely breaking down, acceleration dying in traffic, and other electrical problems Mainly found in the earlier built vehicles or are people still having these same issues today? From what I have read one of the main things that needs to be checked out are the grounds are there any other things, I should be made aware of to check before leaving the dealership in order to minimize these problems in my Jeep GC? I want to Thank you all in advance for the Information I've already been able to read and learn about Jeeps and also for whatever help you can give me from this thread currently.

PS. For those having had conversations with ba_jeep fan before, this is actually my first post I'm his wife and will be the Primary driver of the Jeep GC.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,378
Thanks: 875
Thanked 1,045 Times in 720 Posts
Rep Power: 7718293
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

FYI-this is an internet forum where a VERY small percentage of actual owners come to find help with problems...concerns or to vent about the problems they are having. Please remember the other 99% who have 0 problems who don't visit internet forums. In fact...for the last 3 years....the Grand Cherokee was strategic visions number 1-3 SUV for quality etc.(for 13' the durango was number 1...same vehicle pretty much)
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 AM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,302
Thanks: 329
Thanked 358 Times in 312 Posts
Rep Power: 1801818
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

First off, there have been very few reported break downs. So I would not be too concerned with that.

Even a couple of vehicles that are at the dealers waiting for abs modules can probably be safely driven. An issue (not yet proven) with the abs module is causing a problem. But after the car is restarted a couple of times, it seems to get better.

The ground problem is being blown out of proportion. There were some cars that had a loose ground strap a while back. That became the lightening rod for the blame of all evil. My dealer listed that he tightened it, and he probably did put a wrench to it. He may have even taken it off and cleaned it. But I had checked it before I had a problem, and it was tight from the factory.

I would say there is a fair chance that not every feature will be trouble free. If you can't wait a few minutes for your vehicle to display an accurate outside temperature , you should worry. If you are concerned that you might have to press a button to get your a/c to blast cool air, than you should worry.

Otherwise, relax and enjoy your Jeep. Keep a list of things (if any) that don't appear to be working properly and let your dealer know. And if your dealer is not providing the service you need, don't hesitate to take it to another dealer.

---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 101
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 961
Mcdenny is on a distinguished road
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

Ditto what Bill says.

Seems like Milous posted recently that he had tracked something like 160 new vehicles to forum members. Maybe an equal number bought off a lot, not tracking. If so thats 300-400 vehicles. JNAP has been building 1200 A DAY for five months. We are a tiny fraction of the total database and most of us are happy.

Very strong odds you will love your new Jeep.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mcdenny For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:46 PM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 237022
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

I was one of the big "problem" owners, and even I would say relax and enjoy your Jeep. If you encounter any issues, they are likely to be minor ones that will be fixed with software updates. Chrysler seems to have a good handle on all these issues and the odds that you will get a Jeep that has a MAJOR issue are VERY small.

So relax, think positive, and ENJOY YOUR JEEP! Even we're finally enjoying ours after a preliminary rough patch!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 604
Jimbo107 is on a distinguished road
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

Relax , you're going to love your Jeep. I've had my Limited for a month and a half and its been problem free. Truly a joy to drive I still look for excuses to take it for a ride Congratulations and good luck with it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2013, 05:59 PM
NEWJEEP14's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 522
NEWJEEP14 is on a distinguished road
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

Mine was built on the 6th of June and delivered on the 17th I put 300+ miles on it with zero issues save an occasional "Vehicle phone requires service, contact dealer" msg which Uconnect says is due to phone compatibility. It doesn't happen often. Other than that one thing the truck is awesome.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 520
ba_jeepfan is on a distinguished road
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc2002 View Post
I was one of the big "problem" owners, and even I would say relax and enjoy your Jeep. If you encounter any issues, they are likely to be minor ones that will be fixed with software updates. Chrysler seems to have a good handle on all these issues and the odds that you will get a Jeep that has a MAJOR issue are VERY small.

So relax, think positive, and ENJOY YOUR JEEP! Even we're finally enjoying ours after a preliminary rough patch!

Your horror story was one of the things that made us to question our decision to buy a Jeep. I know that new model years usually have more problems than usual, but after reading your thread with you and some others not having their vehicle for over a month and some having about every module known to jeep replaced gave me a little cause for pause.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 520
ba_jeepfan is on a distinguished road
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
First off, there have been very few reported break downs. So I would not be too concerned with that.

Even a couple of vehicles that are at the dealers waiting for abs modules can probably be safely driven. An issue (not yet proven) with the abs module is causing a problem. But after the car is restarted a couple of times, it seems to get better.

The ground problem is being blown out of proportion. There were some cars that had a loose ground strap a while back. That became the lightening rod for the blame of all evil. My dealer listed that he tightened it, and he probably did put a wrench to it. He may have even taken it off and cleaned it. But I had checked it before I had a problem, and it was tight from the factory.

I would say there is a fair chance that not every feature will be trouble free. If you can't wait a few minutes for your vehicle to display an accurate outside temperature , you should worry. If you are concerned that you might have to press a button to get your a/c to blast cool air, than you should worry.

Otherwise, relax and enjoy your Jeep. Keep a list of things (if any) that don't appear to be working properly and let your dealer know. And if your dealer is not providing the service you need, don't hesitate to take it to another dealer.

---
I know on new model years with significant electronic and programmatical changes there are bound to be a few glitches. I work on the fringes of the tech world and no matter how hard we try there are always system defects with major initiative releases. I know it is all part and parcel to the process. It doesn't ever make the customer happy and can tend to erode confidence if it isn't resolved promptly and with a certain level of professional execution. But without extensive testing,which would be dificult to do in the Auto market when you are trying to keep up with an ever changing field of competition, it is impossible to catch all of the defects.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manhasset, NY
Posts: 172
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 326379
jdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWJEEP14 View Post
Mine was built on the 6th of June and delivered on the 17th I put 300+ miles on it with zero issues save an occasional "Vehicle phone requires service, contact dealer" msg which Uconnect says is due to phone compatibility. It doesn't happen often. Other than that one thing the truck is awesome.
This is not a phone pairing issue at all. It is an issue with the internal phone built into the radio. Check out some of he uConnect posts here and have it looked at by the dealer.

That error message will not only affect your GPS signal but also your use of apps. This message has nothing to do with phone pairing. You may need a software update or a hardware replacement.

To the OP. enjoy the Jeep. It's going to be great and problem free. I love mine everyday I drive it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 PM
amc2002's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 237022
amc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond reputeamc2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_jeepfan View Post

Your horror story was one of the things that made us to question our decision to buy a Jeep. I know that new model years usually have more problems than usual, but after reading your thread with you and some others not having their vehicle for over a month and some having about every module known to jeep replaced gave me a little cause for pause.
Which is why I posted. Since those initial, albeit serious, issues were fixed, the vehicle has been great. My case and marosen's are the unlucky exceptions. Chrysler still hasn't responded to any of my inquiries if you can believe it, but I think most of what people are running into at this point are known issues that are being addressed. Every manufacturer has its lemon per x number of cars but your odds are excellent that you won't get one. :-)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 717
notalk is on a distinguished road
Re: Current builds 2014 Jeeps GC's help?

FWIW, if you're looking at suveys, like JD Power, please keep in mind they measure problems per 100 cars. A top ranked line will have fewer than 100 problems in 100 cars; meaning some cars will have absolutely no problems and some may have one problem. A bottom ranked line may have 250 problems per 100 cars; meaning the average car will have 2.5 (say, 2 to 3) problems. A good dealer can fix 2 or 3 problems along with your first oil change. Then, you should be trouble free.

As others will attest, one of the major keys to ownership satisfaction is a good dealer.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to notalk For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any shutter On newer builds jp467 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 14 09-01-2014 09:18 AM
How long are your production builds taking? Wheelman Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 7 05-17-2013 04:31 PM
boom24 stereo builds boom24 Members Rides 24 01-22-2012 11:20 PM
My past and current jeeps gc4x4 Members Rides 2 07-20-2010 07:21 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community