Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #109  
Old 11-13-2010, 05:23 PM
wjs81866's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Round Lake, IL
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 16412
wjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond reputewjs81866 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

My Laredo is doing it now, it wasn't after I bought it but 1,000 miles later it suddenly started. My wife's limited went in for the re-flash and they said it was already flashed as much as it could be.
__________________

__________________
1) 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited Blackberry
5.7L Quadra Trac 2 - IV Towing package
Lux Group 2
20" tires and rims

2) 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X Blackberry
5.7L QD-2 - QL- Off-Road II - IV Towing package - Tekonsha P3 Brake Control
P265/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S 2's :D -Volant 161576 Air Intake, Billet Technology catch can
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 11-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1753
wk2overland is just really nice
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

anyone inside jeep know if there is a fix being developed for this beyond the available reflashes/pcm mumbo jumbo? i was just in again for this problem and was told there is no further fix available for this. i found this response to be unacceptable. it doesn't work right! fix it! none available? MAKE ONE!

the members of this forum represent i'm sure only a fractional amount of WK2 owners, but if this is any sort of a sample size, it would appear that a ton of the early '11s are doing this.
seriously. most of us have done all that is available thus far with no complete fix, albeit perhaps a reduction in the problem.
yeah its not a huge deal, yeah its not really present in sport mode, but that's not the point. the point is the car is not acting the way a $45k new vehicle should.

i am considering a serious review of the lemon law on this.

it shouldn't take this long. i cant believe this even slipped past the "millions" of miles of testing these trucks underwent prior to launch. mine started with 300 on the clock. now at 10k.

/rant.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 11-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2830
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk2overland View Post
anyone inside jeep know if there is a fix being developed for this beyond the available reflashes/pcm mumbo jumbo? i was just in again for this problem and was told there is no further fix available for this. i found this response to be unacceptable. it doesn't work right! fix it! none available? MAKE ONE!

the members of this forum represent i'm sure only a fractional amount of WK2 owners, but if this is any sort of a sample size, it would appear that a ton of the early '11s are doing this.
seriously. most of us have done all that is available thus far with no complete fix, albeit perhaps a reduction in the problem.
yeah its not a huge deal, yeah its not really present in sport mode, but that's not the point. the point is the car is not acting the way a $45k new vehicle should.

i am considering a serious review of the lemon law on this.

it shouldn't take this long. i cant believe this even slipped past the "millions" of miles of testing these trucks underwent prior to launch. mine started with 300 on the clock. now at 10k.

/rant.
Did you see this post about front axle isolator replacement: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread ?

Also this (related to the same TSB): Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1768
jpsmith is on a distinguished road
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

My dealer refused to replace the front axle isolator until it gets escalated from a star case to a true TSB. They said they "couldn't reproduce" the issue. The service departments are a bigger problem that Chrysler needs to address...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2830
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmith View Post
My dealer refused to replace the front axle isolator until it gets escalated from a star case to a true TSB. They said they "couldn't reproduce" the issue. The service departments are a bigger problem that Chrysler needs to address...
Try different dealer. Not sure you will get a different outcome but it doesn't hurt to try.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 11-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1716
kgrencer is on a distinguished road
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

I am beyond aggrivated with driving mine. I am taking it back to the dealer again and again until it is fixed. The thing jerks around 40MPH really bad! Not to mention letting off the gas causes it to shudder even worse when decelerating to around 35MPH. I too am considering the lemon law. I simply cannot stand driving it this way. My other option is to park it and drive my 1985 CJ until they can figure this issue out. Who knows if they are even looking at the right things. So far they have claimed it to be the 4WD system "fighting itself". Until they realize it has nothing to do with 4WD, this issue will not be fixed. If you google shuddering HEMI, you will find all 2010 Dodge Ram owners complaining of this exact same issue...... BUYER BEWARE..........
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1753
wk2overland is just really nice
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

i find myself gravitating towards my freaking work truck (F250) for trips after work and on the weekends because it gets me so annoyed to feel my expensive jeep "fighting itself" or whatever the heck it is.
i've tried two dealers. i'm keeping every record and i plan to start recording the responses i get from the advisors because they are so absurd.
you can make a great product, which jeep really did with this GC, but if your dealerships won't stand behind it in the service department it'll only go so far.

what happened to the days where when something was broken, it got FIXED. now its like they won't even try until there's a TSB. these guys are trained mechanics, right? then DO YOUR JOB! it's not hard to figure out that they really just don't want these difficult issues clogging up their garage bays for very long.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 11-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2830
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk2overland View Post
i find myself gravitating towards my freaking work truck (F250) for trips after work and on the weekends because it gets me so annoyed to feel my expensive jeep "fighting itself" or whatever the heck it is.
i've tried two dealers. i'm keeping every record and i plan to start recording the responses i get from the advisors because they are so absurd.
you can make a great product, which jeep really did with this GC, but if your dealerships won't stand behind it in the service department it'll only go so far.

what happened to the days where when something was broken, it got FIXED. now its like they won't even try until there's a TSB. these guys are trained mechanics, right? then DO YOUR JOB! it's not hard to figure out that they really just don't want these difficult issues clogging up their garage bays for very long.
Your frustration is understandable. However the answer to your question "what happened to the days where when something was broken, it got FIXED" is: COMPUTERS. Even though mechanics may be trained by factory everything is now controlled by a computer program that is pretty much a black box for anybody at dealership. Some of the problems are purely mechanical (bearing going bad for instance) but a lot are not. There is nothing mechanic at the dealership can do to change how computer controls engine (or transmission, or transfer case). He probably doesn't even know the algorithm used to control the engine. So the responsibility to fix such issues is purely on Chrysler.

Don't take this as I am trying to make an excuse for dealership. I think nowadays dealership should be much more proactive in working with Chrysler to diagnose and reproduce computer related problems. Unfortunately (and this not only applies to Chrysler) if problems are not wide-spread and/or life threatening there is not much motivation for them to do so.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1716
kgrencer is on a distinguished road
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
Your frustration is understandable. However the answer to your question "what happened to the days where when something was broken, it got FIXED" is: COMPUTERS. Even though mechanics may be trained by factory everything is now controlled by a computer program that is pretty much a black box for anybody at dealership. Some of the problems are purely mechanical (bearing going bad for instance) but a lot are not. There is nothing mechanic at the dealership can do to change how computer controls engine (or transmission, or transfer case). He probably doesn't even know the algorithm used to control the engine. So the responsibility to fix such issues is purely on Chrysler.

Don't take this as I am trying to make an excuse for dealership. I think nowadays dealership should be much more proactive in working with Chrysler to diagnose and reproduce computer related problems. Unfortunately (and this is not only applies to Chrysler) if problems are not wide-spread and/or life threatening there is not much motivation for them to do so.
Well put. It is not good news for us with this issue, but you are spot on with the limitation of the dealer being able to correct tuning issues within a computer. I truly think this is where this issue lies
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1753
wk2overland is just really nice
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

yes this is nicely said.

so the problem is chrysler's slow development of these "software" fixes is to blame. so we as the drivers of the cars are hostage to their timeframe.

i want my 5.9 ZJ back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2830
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk2overland View Post
yes this is nicely said.

so the problem is chrysler's slow development of these "software" fixes is to blame. so we as the drivers of the cars are hostage to their timeframe.

i want my 5.9 ZJ back.
I didn't say shuddering is caused by software problem - I don't know. But yeah, for software problems you are hostage to Chrysler's time frame/desire to fix. Nothing dealer can do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1753
wk2overland is just really nice
Re: Did Shudder TSB fix a problem? 2011 Shudder problems thread

sorry, IF it is the problem. yes.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shudder Problem kbounds22 Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models 12 06-21-2013 12:24 PM
*****WK2*****2011-??? Grand Cherokee pricing and info thread discussion THREAD!!!! White WK Swagga Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 136 12-13-2010 12:52 AM
Poll: Aug 10 TSB for Shudder Working? moosehead Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 30 12-10-2010 11:47 AM
Low RPM Shudder any ideas?? kbounds22 Grand Cherokee - WK 2 07-17-2010 10:36 PM
Shudder when turning? Fullspeedjunky Grand Cherokee - WK 5 03-22-2010 10:09 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.