Originally Posted by jacko15
I think it's already somewhere in the thread, but this worked for me.
It is the very first post of this thread.
I have found 3 procedures for it, all very similar, all have been successfully done more than twice in a row, that is, I get the chime and the end of all ways.
None actually work. I test after each time it chimes in case I have actually turned this feature off by doing the procedure.
These are all taken from various postings:
DISABLE SEAT BELT ALARM - 1
1) First get in the Jeep. Close all doors and windows.
2) Turn the ignition to the off position.
3) Then fasten your drivers seat belt.
4) Push the black ignition start button. The seatbelt dashboard indicator light will soon shut off.
5) Within 45 seconds of starting the truck, undo and then reconnect your safety belt three times or more. Once done leave the belt on.
6) Now turn off the truck.
7) Next listen for a bell to go off just once to confirm that the system took the reprogramming of the seatbelt alarm.
8) Your seatbelt alarm should now be turned off. If it didn't take try it again making sure that you did all the disabling steps fast enough.
DISABLE SEAT BELT ALARM - 2
1) get into the car
2) before turning anything on, buckle up.
3) put the car in run mode (meaning press the on/off button twice. once to put it into ACC mode, then second time to put it into run mode where the car performs all its checks. do not keep you foot on the break, as that will obviously turn the car on)
4) after having placed the car in RUN mode, wait until the little red seatbelt symbol disappears, after the car had run through its checks.
5) after the symbol has disappeared, unbuckle and buckle 3 times. make sure to end the 3rd unbuckling with being buckled up.
6) after having performed the unbuckling procedure 3 times, press the on/off button again to turn the car off. (remember, you have never actually started the engine yet).
7) after having pressed the on/of button, you should hear a single "chime". that means the seat belt chine is gone! next time you start the car, there will no longer be any seatbelt sounds.
however, the unbuckled warning will still appear in the cluster every time you start driving from a stand still, but it disappears within seconds. more importantly, there is no more that annoying chime!!!!
DISABLE SEAT BELT ALARM - 3
1. Get inside car with ignition off.
2. Close doors and buckle seat belt in drivers side.
3. Push the push start button to ACC/Run Mode (do not turn on engine). This means only push the push start button, no need to depress brake, doing so will turn engine on, a big no no.
4. Wait for red seat belt light to turn off.
5. Unbuckle and rebuckle seat belt at least 3 times ending with seatbelt buckled. ( I unbuckled and rebuckled 4 times and it worked)
6. Push the push start button (turns off display). You will hear a single chime if you succeeded.