I have confirmation now that I was able to disable my annoying seatbelt chime on my 2014 JGC Overland.
I did it following these instructions.
Here it is copied and pasted from page 62:
For front passenger seats equipped with BeltAlert, your
vehicle is equipped to detect when it is occupied. The
BeltAlert�� warning system is not activated when the
front passenger seat is unoccupied. The BeltAlert�� warn-
ing system may be triggered when an animal or heavy
object is on the front passenger seat or when the seat is
folded flat (if equipped). It is recommended that pets be
restrained in the rear seat in pet harnesses or pet carriers
that are secured by seat belts and cargo is properly
BeltAlert�� can be enabled or disabled by your authorized
dealer or by following these steps:
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first
60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON
or START position. Chrysler Group LLC does not recom-
mend deactivating BeltAlert��.
1. With all doors closed, and the ignition switch in any
position except RUN or START, buckle the driver ’s
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACC/RUN position (do
not start the engine), and wait for the Seat Belt Reminder
Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle
and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three
times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single
chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn
on while the seat belt retracts and turn off while re-
buckling the seat belt.
BeltAlert�� can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.
I was a little confused because we have a push start button. So to dumb it down for everyone, here is what I did.
1. Get inside car with ignition off.
2. Close doors and buckle seat belt in drivers side.
3. Push the push start button to ACC/Run Mode (do not turn on engine). This means only push the push start button, no need to depress brake, doing so will turn engine on, a big no no.
4. Wait for red seat belt light to turn off.
5. Unbuckle and rebuckle seat belt at least 3 times ending with seatbelt buckled. ( I unbuckled and rebuckled 4 times and it worked)
6. Push the push start button (turns off display). You will hear a single chime if you succeeded.
The problem I ran into was that I kept turning the engine on. So whatever you do, do not turn the engine until after you have finished programming. The key is to leave your car in ACC/Run mode.
Good Luck guys.