Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:58 AM
GCLimited's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,191
Thanks: 14
Thanked 81 Times in 60 Posts
Rep Power: 52002
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

I don't f**king believe it...at 10,900 miles my 2014 Overland 4x4 V6 is downshifting rough yet again! This is the third time I'll be taking it to the dealership for the transmission.



Hesitation at WOT, and rough downshift from 2nd to 1st gear while either crawling in bumper to bumper traffic or slowly pulling into a parking spot. WTF Chrysler, why can't you seem to figure this out? I notice yet ANOTHER TSB just came out for this kind of rough downshift...#21-004-15 dated Jan 24th, 2015.

I'm tired of this shit...so I called Chrysler Customer Care yet again, but this time I had my new case escalated to the vehicle buy back dept., got a case number and everything.

I'll keep everyone informed of my progress, and if I don't get satisfaction from Chrysler, it's time to "lemon law" this POS in my State.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southeast PA.
Posts: 190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1573
Dave in Pa is on a distinguished road
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
I don't f**king believe it...at 10,900 miles my 2014 Overland 4x4 V6 is downshifting rough yet again! This is the third time I'll be taking it to the dealership for the transmission.



Hesitation at WOT, and rough downshift from 2nd to 1st gear while either crawling in bumper to bumper traffic or slowly pulling into a parking spot. WTF Chrysler, why can't you seem to figure this out? I notice yet ANOTHER TSB just came out for this kind of rough downshift...#21-004-15 dated Jan 24th, 2015.

I'm tired of this shit...so I called Chrysler Customer Care yet again, but this time I had my new case escalated to the vehicle buy back dept., got a case number and everything.

I'll keep everyone informed of my progress, and if I don't get satisfaction from Chrysler, it's time to "lemon law" this POS in my State.
Nooooooooooo!! Say it isn't so, that is awful. FWIW I had the previous flash done to mine in Dec. or early January and after many weeks the downshift issue is still gone, holds second gear right to a dead stop. Right around 28,000 miles on it now. 2 days ago i get a mailing from attorneys KIMMEL & SILVERMAN located in Ambler Pa. reference new Grand Cherokees & Cherokees, mentioning problems with shifting, electrical etc. and to contact them for FREE help to mitigate this under State Lemon laws. If you wish i can send you a copy of this letter/advertisement but I hope the next flash will correct your GC. Best of luck, Dave
__________________
2014 Limited V-6 Tow Pkg 8.4 Cashmere & Light Frost
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave in Pa For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 02-12-2015, 06:23 PM
mfischer's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 43
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1034
mfischer is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

I took mine in for the transmission TSB on January 30th. I believe it was the same number you referenced (21-004-15), but I would have to verify on my service invoice.

I can verify when I get home from work and then post my experiences thus far.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2015, 06:28 PM
GCOverland's Avatar
Jeep Addict
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,472
Thanks: 95
Thanked 82 Times in 68 Posts
Rep Power: 3913
GCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
I notice yet ANOTHER TSB just came out for this kind of rough downshift...#21-004-15 dated Jan 24th, 2015.
I had a tranny TSB performed on Jan 29th but it was #21-039-14.

Who knows - maybe there are different TSBs out there based on the MY?
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.
2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Audio.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:03 PM
mfischer's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 43
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1034
mfischer is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

So I did have 21-004-15 performed. In the time I've had it, here's what I've noticed:

-Doesn't shift from 2 to 1 until vehicle has stopped. I have experienced it when pulling slowly into the garage, likely at 1mph, but never while driving.

-For me, I notice a harsher downshift from 6-5 and 5-4. It's not bad most times, but it's noticeable (not as bad as the previous 2-1).

-Acceleration seems about the same for me. I do think it improved my 1-2-3, hold 1 and 2 just a bit longer, feels smoother than before.

-I usually drive about 40mph all the way to and from work every day. Before this flash, I would be in 8th gear all the way. Now, I stay in 7th and don't hit 8th until at least 45mph.

I also should add, this was the first transmission flash I have ever had done to my '14 Overland. I had gotten so used to how it was, I didn't realize how bad it was. In my mind, this is an improvement for me, but I still notice a few bugs. Not sure how that will relate to you, but hope it helps you out a bit.


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfischer For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 02-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 788
mooninite is on a distinguished road
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Are the 2015's having these same problems and is it just the V6 models?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2015, 10:03 AM
plynn7's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Delaware County,PA
Posts: 409
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 2806
plynn7 has a reputation beyond reputeplynn7 has a reputation beyond reputeplynn7 has a reputation beyond reputeplynn7 has a reputation beyond reputeplynn7 has a reputation beyond reputeplynn7 has a reputation beyond reputeplynn7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Pa View Post
Nooooooooooo!! Say it isn't so, that is awful. FWIW I had the previous flash done to mine in Dec. or early January and after many weeks the downshift issue is still gone, holds second gear right to a dead stop. Right around 28,000 miles on it now. 2 days ago i get a mailing from attorneys KIMMEL & SILVERMAN located in Ambler Pa. reference new Grand Cherokees & Cherokees, mentioning problems with shifting, electrical etc. and to contact them for FREE help to mitigate this under State Lemon laws. If you wish i can send you a copy of this letter/advertisement but I hope the next flash will correct your GC. Best of luck, Dave
I got the same letter a few days ago from them. I actually used them back in 2001 for a Dodge Stratus that I had bought new. It had a vibration at idle that the dealer could not fix. The morning we were to go to court, Chrysler made an offer to settle for $9,000 and I got to keep the car. I took the offer, the lawyer got $3,000 I walked away with $6,000 and then I traded it in a year and half later for my first new Jeep
__________________
2014 Deep Cherry Red Overland V6 Tech Package
Previous Jeeps:
11 GC Overland V6
08 GC Limited Hemi
04 GC Larado V6
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 54
Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 848
sticker500 is on a distinguished road
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
Are the 2015's having these same problems and is it just the V6 models?
I have a 2015 V6 4x4 Overland getting a transmission right now...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southeast PA.
Posts: 190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1573
Dave in Pa is on a distinguished road
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by plynn7 View Post
I got the same letter a few days ago from them. I actually used them back in 2001 for a Dodge Stratus that I had bought new. It had a vibration at idle that the dealer could not fix. The morning we were to go to court, Chrysler made an offer to settle for $9,000 and I got to keep the car. I took the offer, the lawyer got $3,000 I walked away with $6,000 and then I traded it in a year and half later for my first new Jeep
^ Well that worked out well ! Hopefull my GC will continue to behave itself! Dave
__________________
2014 Limited V-6 Tow Pkg 8.4 Cashmere & Light Frost
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2015, 04:15 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,191
Thanks: 14
Thanked 81 Times in 60 Posts
Rep Power: 52002
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

After being strung along by Chrysler Customer Care for the last 2 weeks or so...

Came home today to a message from Chrysler Customer Care saying to call them back at 1-800-992-1997...so I'm thinking great, resolution has been reached, and I get my buy back. Boy was I wrong.

I call the number they left me...remembering back from our last conversation when I told them to call me after 4:00PM on the weekdays since I don't get home from work until then...I noticed the time stamp of the message, 11:15AM.

So I get this rep that has all the personality of a small soap dish, and he tells me that because the last time I was at the dealership it was for a radiator replacement, and that no transmission issues were mentioned, I did not qualify for a buy back. No kidding I said, I started to have rough downshifting yet again after the radiator replacement in January, so I called you guys at Chrysler Customer Care yet again to lodge yet another new complaint, and I was given yet another new case number. So what do I do now?

What was his response?...he repeats the same bullshit line to me yet again word for word. Now I know why the original person called me early in the afternoon...because they are cowards at Chrysler Customer Care and didn't want to deal with me personally.

So I just made yet another appointment at my current dealership for March 16th to have the latest TSB reflash done (21-004-15, dated Jan 24th), and I will now have documented proof of three or more repairs to the transmission...meeting the criteria of Lemon Law for my State.

Fu$K you Chrysler, you had your chance to resolve this amicably, now I go the lawyer route...which in the end will cost you even more money.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GCLimited For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 03-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 788
mooninite is on a distinguished road
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
After being strung along by Chrysler Customer Care for the last 2 weeks or so...

Came home today to a message from Chrysler Customer Care saying to call them back at 1-800-992-1997...so I'm thinking great, resolution has been reached, and I get my buy back. Boy was I wrong.

I call the number they left me...remembering back from our last conversation when I told them to call me after 4:00PM on the weekdays since I don't get home from work until then...I noticed the time stamp of the message, 11:15AM.

So I get this rep that has all the personality of a small soap dish, and he tells me that because the last time I was at the dealership it was for a radiator replacement, and that no transmission issues were mentioned, I did not qualify for a buy back. No kidding I said, I started to have rough downshifting yet again after the radiator replacement in January, so I called you guys at Chrysler Customer Care yet again to lodge yet another new complaint, and I was given yet another new case number. So what do I do now?

What was his response?...he repeats the same bullshit line to me yet again word for word. Now I know why the original person called me early in the afternoon...because they are cowards at Chrysler Customer Care and didn't want to deal with me personally.

So I just made yet another appointment at my current dealership for March 16th to have the latest TSB reflash done (21-004-15, dated Jan 24th), and I will now have documented proof of three or more repairs to the transmission...meeting the criteria of Lemon Law for my State.

Fu$K you Chrysler, you had your chance to resolve this amicably, now I go the lawyer route...which in the end will cost you even more money.


MERICA!

Seriously though, if Chrysler cared about their customers they would do more than just hire people to essentially read automated scripts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 75
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1280
recoil1911 is on a distinguished road
Re: Guess What...2014 V6 Transmission Hesitation/Shifting Rough Again

Next week will be my sixth return to the dealership about transmission shifting. Five firmware updates and one re-learn performed so far. I contacted Chrysler care before scheduling this next visit. I knew going into it that customer care is basically a rep who inputs notes into their case system and tries to get you into a service center. But... I wanted to get things documented on their side as well as mine before going into the dealership service center who is not an advocate for me. I'm not on the verge of a meltdown with them but I don't find flashing it again and kicking me out the door a suitable course of action. This transmission is evil, pure evil.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission GCLimited Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 506 11-12-2016 08:38 AM
MIL & P20EE again & again & again... echo7tango 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 561 05-24-2016 12:34 PM
Flat battery again..and again..and again..etc. spikelet Troubleshooting/Problems 4 07-15-2013 10:34 AM
Hesitation when shifting from Park to Reverse - HELP matt376 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 6 11-23-2012 07:42 AM
Transmission Hesitation (05 5.7) HemiHipp Grand Cherokee - WK 9 10-16-2011 01:38 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.