Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 09-21-2013, 07:22 AM
MajorTom's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 352
Thanks: 10
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1529
MajorTom has a reputation beyond reputeMajorTom has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Having RRT done this morning. I called the service adviser yesterday and told her an RRT came out to replace the TSB and she looked and said 'you get information before us, how is that? But yes, it is in the system. I haven't told her my secret.
__________________

__________________


______________________________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Cashmere Pearl
Jeep Brown Interior - V6
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 09-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 849 Times in 467 Posts
Rep Power: 1927006
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
Having RRT done this morning. I called the service adviser yesterday and told her an RRT came out to replace the TSB and she looked and said 'you get information before us, how is that? But yes, it is in the system. I haven't told her my secret.
LOL!

Also as a side note for anyone else... you could always ask them to reset the learned behaviour during the update. Depending on the dealer they likely understand the reasons why to or not to do this.

They say not to reset it because it would keep the learned shifts and keep it shifting "similar". If it were me I would rather it relearn everything anyway. Just be prepared that it may take a few days to be normal. The transmission is going to do some relearning anyway with the new instructions so either way it will take a bit to sort out.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:46 PM
New Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: jacksonville,fl
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
rackman834 is on a distinguished road
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

Reseting the TCM by removing a battery lead helped the rough shifting in non-eco mode but vehicle still jerks on start up. Is there a setting to turn the eco mode off on start-up ? Does the TCM flash update fix the jerking problem ?

Thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 09-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MASS
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 535
TC74 is on a distinguished road
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

I did the negative battery cable removal. If it helped, it was VERY little. Waited a couple days, did it again with no impact. Pulled the TCM fuse and it shifted better for a day or two, but now it's back to normal. When upshifting, 3rd is hard hitting. Down shifting 2nd to 1st is a hard hitter!

This HAS to be doing some type of damage to the transmission - feels at times like it's slipping a little.

Also at times notice a slight lag with accelleration. Not pleased!!

Why would this all start after 3500 miles...and come on quickly?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 09-26-2013, 01:02 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 187
Thanks: 23
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 777
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC74 View Post
I did the negative battery cable removal. If it helped, it was VERY little. Waited a couple days, did it again with no impact. Pulled the TCM fuse and it shifted better for a day or two, but now it's back to normal. When upshifting, 3rd is hard hitting. Down shifting 2nd to 1st is a hard hitter!

This HAS to be doing some type of damage to the transmission - feels at times like it's slipping a little.

Also at times notice a slight lag with accelleration. Not pleased!!

Why would this all start after 3500 miles...and come on quickly?
Did you get the most recent flash update for the tranny?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 09-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MASS
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 535
TC74 is on a distinguished road
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

I had it in a few weeks ago and they said they flashed it. They also said that they have heard some complaints about this..but nothing is out for a fix. Now I'm not sure which flash I got...no idea actually. I didn't know that there were different versions available. I have had my 14 JGC since April 4th. So definitely earlier production model.

Love the thing - but this shifting needs to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 09-26-2013, 01:42 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 187
Thanks: 23
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 777
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC74 View Post
I had it in a few weeks ago and they said they flashed it. They also said that they have heard some complaints about this..but nothing is out for a fix. Now I'm not sure which flash I got...no idea actually. I didn't know that there were different versions available. I have had my 14 JGC since April 4th. So definitely earlier production model.

Love the thing - but this shifting needs to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm - the second flash came out on 9/11 and was a more comprehensive flash. Not sure if that would resolve this issue. Your issues certainly sound more severe than the usual. I've seen others on this forum complain about similar symptoms as yours - so it is most likely a different problem. Perhaps it is just an old fashioned tranny problem and they should replace the tranny???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM
1st jeep's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 296
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 703
1st jeep is on a distinguished road
I have had both flashes done. The second was on Monday. What a huge difference compared to day of delivery!! After the second flash, i decided to do the battery reset. I haven't been able to drive it much, but ill keep everyone posted if things aren't right.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 09-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 405
tln1313 is on a distinguished road
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

I had both updates completed in my 14 GC Limited with the most recent flash on Friday 9/27. It's marginally better, but far from what a normal transmission should feel like in a $40k+ vehicle. Jeep pushed this out the door before it was ready for prime time. I'm kind of disgusted with it, and the the dealer plays it off as if it is nothing. It's incomprehensible to me that I have had a brand new vehicle for less than 3 months and I have had the car to the dealer three times, and it's still far from an acceptable tranny. Feeling duped here....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bristol WI
Posts: 82
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 463
Supertech30 is on a distinguished road
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

It has been a week with my Jeep since they replaced my Rear diff and put in the second update, and I would have to say that everything is good. No leaking, No fun mode(ECO mode) is no longer dangerous, all shifting in all modes are smooth. So when this thing works, it works well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 09-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 794
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 73008
mswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Think I Fixed My Rough Shifting 8sp Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by tln1313 View Post
I had both updates completed in my 14 GC Limited with the most recent flash on Friday 9/27. It's marginally better, but far from what a normal transmission should feel like in a $40k+ vehicle. Jeep pushed this out the door before it was ready for prime time. I'm kind of disgusted with it, and the the dealer plays it off as if it is nothing. It's incomprehensible to me that I have had a brand new vehicle for less than 3 months and I have had the car to the dealer three times, and it's still far from an acceptable tranny. Feeling duped here....
I don't feel duped. I think they will eventually get it 100%. I agree it is not fixed and still dangerous in some corner cases.

It's the risk of buying a 1st year run (which it effectively is) and a risk I knew I was taking when I ordered it. It runs fine with Eco Off and that's what I'll use until it's fixed.

I sure wish there was a way to validate what is actually flashed through the uConnect some how.
__________________
08-10-2014 Limited 3.6L Red W/Black Int, Tow Group IV, 8.4AN Radio, ProClip, OBDLink/Torque, Zeigler Lifetime MaxCare
OEM: Mud Flaps, Matts, Cargo Liner, Cross Rails
UConnect: 13.48.3 TSB: 21-007-13C (Yippy) Tires: OEM/Nokian
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:05 AM
FD12ME's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 770
FD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I don't feel duped. I think they will eventually get it 100%. I agree it is not fixed and still dangerous in some corner cases. It's the risk of buying a 1st year run (which it effectively is) and a risk I knew I was taking when I ordered it. It runs fine with Eco Off and that's what I'll use until it's fixed. I sure wish there was a way to validate what is actually flashed through the uConnect some how.
I wouldn't say duped but I would say that now, 6 months in, it's becoming unsatisfactory that they have not had a completely effective update. It makes me doubt whether I'd want to buy another Chrysler product again.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Transmission not Shifting gottubes Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 15 04-30-2013 07:46 PM
Transmission shifting iwearpumas Troubleshooting/Problems 6 06-09-2012 04:58 AM
transmission shifting Delofter77 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 4 04-27-2012 02:43 PM
Transmission Shifting Problem txrancher74 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 12 06-05-2011 06:15 PM
Transmission shifting right? wjs81866 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 4 10-22-2010 09:14 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community