Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET
At least they are buying the car back. Hopefully that will be seamless and you can get one without any issues.
I don't think that's what he meant. He said he "hopes" they will buy it back. I might be wrong but without a lawyer I doubt this will be that easy. Dropped my Jeep off at the dealer for the same issue today. I hope I will not have to wait until July 25 to get it back. If I have to I will strongly consider New York's lemon law.
It is kind of ridiculous that you can order and they can build your Jeep in 30 days but they cannot fix it in 60 days. So far last year I had less issues with my old Pathfinder with 210K on the odo than this new Jeep. I understand that stuff happens but I wish they would stand behind the product and make it right.
- couple of days for issues with radio (Vehicle Phone Requires Service)
- 1 or 2 days for transmission issues which were resolved with flash
- 1 day to flash the whole car (to resolve climete control issues on remote start and air suspension issues)
- 2 recalls (1 done and 1 pending)
- now this issue with airbags and ACC/FCW
Honestly I'm quite a tolerant person but my patience is running out ...