Re: Key Battery Low again
From the owner's manual:
"Transmitter Battery Replacement
The recommended replacement battery is one CR2032
• Perchlorate Material — special handling may apply.
Batteries could contain dangerous materials. Please
dispose of them according to respect for environment
and local laws.
• Used batteries are harmful to the environment. You
can dispose of them either in the correct containers as
specified by law or by taking them to a Dealership,
which will deal with their disposal.
• Do not touch the battery terminals that are on the back
housing or the printed circuit board.
1. Remove the emergency key by sliding the mechanical
latch on the back of the RKE transmitter sideways
with your thumb and then pull the key out with your
2. Insert the tip of the emergency key or a #2 flat blade
screwdriver into the slot and gently pry the two halves
of the RKE transmitter apart. Make sure not to damage
the seal during removal.
3. Remove the battery by turning the back cover over
(battery facing downward) and tapping it lightly on a
solid surface such as a table or similar, then replace the
battery. When replacing the battery, match the + sign
on the battery to the + sign on the inside of the battery
clip, located on the back cover. Avoid touching the
new battery with your fingers. Skin oils may cause
battery deterioration. If you touch a battery, clean it
with rubbing alcohol.
4. To assemble the RKE transmitter case, snap the two
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules and
RSS 210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the
• This device may not cause harmful interference.
• This device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: Changes or modifications not expressly approved
by the party responsible for compliance could void the
user’s authority to operate the equipment.
If your RKE transmitter fails to operate from a normal
distance, check for these two conditions:
1. A weak battery in the transmitter. The expected life of
the battery is a minimum of three years.
2. Closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station
tower, airport transmitter, and some mobile or CB
Mine: 2014 Overland 4x4 V6, ORA II, billet silver/black, Michelin LTX M/S 2's, MaxCare Lifetime, delivered 4-13-'13
Wife's Jeep: 2008 Compass Sport 4x4, 2.4L I4 DOHC, CVT, Lifetime powertrain warranty