Re: Linking Keyfob to Memory of Seat, Wheel, Mirrors
Two options taken from this site
Key FOB settings 1:
1: Settings - Doors and Locks - Personal settings linked to Key Fob. CHECK
2: Settings - Engine Off Option - Easy Exit Option. CHECK
No surprises with checking #1 but it wasn't until I checked #2 that it actually worked.
After these two options checked, then I took Key Fob #1 and started the car. Pressed memory setting 1 on the door panel (my setting), it reconfigured the steering column and seat and then I pressed the Lock option on the key fob. A few clicks and lights flashed and it was set.
Then shut down car, went inside and got Key Fob #2 (Sam's key) and started the car. Pressed memory setting 2 on the door panel (his setting), it reconfigured the steering colum and seat and I pressed the Lock option on his key fob.
Same clicks and lights flash and it was set.
Tested between the two fobs. It works each time.
It did not work however prior to me setting the Easy Exit Option check box.
Easy Exit option, works in the same way as our '07 JGC. When the engine is turned off, it adjusts the steering column and also the drivers seat backwards to give you more room to exit (just in case you are wondering what that is).
Key FOB Settings 2:
A. Program a memory preset:
1. Press the START/STOP button twice to the RUN position WITHOUT pressing on the break.
2. Adjust your Jeep's features for liking (seats, wheel, presets etc...).
3. Press the S button on the driver's door and release.
4. Within 5 seconds press and release either button 1 or 2.
This stored your preferences in memory. You can recall them by pressing buttons 1 or 2 anytime.
B. Now you might want to link one of your keyfobs to a memory preset:
1. Sit in your Jeep's driver seat with the doors closed and the keyfob you want to link in your hand.
2. Make sure your Jeep START/STOP mode is OFF!!!
3. Recall the memory preset you want to link by pressing and releasing either button 1 or 2.
4. Press the S button and release.
5. Within 10 seconds, press and release the LOCK button on your keyfob.
To test, move the driver seat position around so it will not match the preset setting, then press the UNLOCK keyfob button. The seat will move back to its preset position.
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".
MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th