Losing faith - Jeep in Shop for several issues
My Jeep is back in the service bay for several issues. I bought it new in Dec, 2011. The first 18 months were trouble-free...loved it. Last summer, the torque converter had to be replaced -- which required a 6-day stay. Fast-forward to now, and I have several additional (mostly minor) problems:
1. Brake booster recall: mine needed the shield, and part came in.
2. Leaky Power-steering boot: replace the whole rack, and re-align.
3. Oily top engine passenger's side: replace cam sensor seal.
4. Tranny breather hose disconnected on the tranny: I assume this is a left-over item from having the torque converter replaced last summer. I'm guessing they forgot to connect it. now they have to loosen tranny to get to it.
5. Clunky rear shocks: I doubt they will do much here -- as there is no permanent fix. I'll probably just have to live with them.
I'm sure it will be in for 2 days. Items 1-3 were of course diagnosed on a previous visit, and required parts to be ordered. I've now had more problems than my last 10 vehicles combined. Although the issues have been somewhat minor, and all covered under warranty, it's still a major nuisance. We live 15 mi from dealer. They have a shuttle, but I'm always the last to get dropped off -- so it turns into a 20 min + 1 hr shuttle ride. I normally have a 10-min commute.
This was my first Jeep, and I probably won't be a repeat customer. I've owned many vehicles, and these seem to be more problem-some than all other forums I have been on. Granted, these forums are probably more active, but I've haven't read of "buy-backs" on any other vehicle I've owned. /Rant off
2014 Durango Limited AWD in Granite: Premium Package, 2nd Row Captain Chairs, 2nd row Console.