Originally Posted by Sponge Bob
Thanks Rt. I'm glad to know I am not the only one with this bizarre issue. I'm sure others have it but have not noticed it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the dirt and mold out. Due to the narrow gap and weird angle nothing seems to fit. Like you, I am a bit hesitant to try the mold/mildew spray. Not sure what - if any - effect it would have on the plastic lens or the surrounding paint. Please let me know if you try the mold/mildew spray and if it worked for you. If I come up with anything I will post again.
Thanks again for the "sanity" check.
Most mold/mildew sprays are detergent or chlorine bleach or hydrogen peroxide, none
of which I'd care to have near any electrical circuit expected to turn a light on.
Can you get the lens off? Once off, ordinary Windex or similar can probably remove it.
On an older jeep, I added a line of cheap rubber cement to my lenses as otherwise they were always collecting dust inside. The rubber cement removes easily and doesn't prevent removal of the lens.