Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-20-2011, 02:57 PM
LiquidOxygen's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1448
LiquidOxygen is on a distinguished road
My poor Baby Just Had Her First Break

Went out to the garage this morning for a trip to the car wash and discovered this. The steering is almost unresponsive and makes alot of noise under arm strength power. At least warranty should cover it. Im more upset about my garage floor than i am the break. My dealership is some distance away but they have agreed to come and tow it for me and set me up with a rental. Hopefully the system isint damaged as it would appear the leak has been there for a few days. The puddle on the floor doesnt look large enough for a system fail overnight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0884.jpg (518.1 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0883.jpg (410.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0889.jpg (215.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0890.jpg (482.9 KB, 81 views)
__________________

__________________
Shark Fin, V-LED DRL, Chrome Bezels, Trail Rated, 20s (22 reps on preorder), Chrome Door Strips Deleted, Hood Badge Delete, Rear 4x4 Delete, Tinted Front Windows, 3M shaded Headlights, Smoked Tails (being sent to scott for proper tint) LED Reverse .5
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 53
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1509
lyndelw is on a distinguished road
Re: My poor Baby Just Had Her First Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidOxygen View Post
Went out to the garage this morning for a trip to the car wash and discovered this. The steering is almost unresponsive and makes alot of noise under arm strength power. At least warranty should cover it. Im more upset about my garage floor than i am the break. My dealership is some distance away but they have agreed to come and tow it for me and set me up with a rental. Hopefully the system isint damaged as it would appear the leak has been there for a few days. The puddle on the floor doesnt look large enough for a system fail overnight.

Looking at the pics, it appears your left front shock may also be leaking .
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 PM
LiquidOxygen's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1448
LiquidOxygen is on a distinguished road
Re: My poor Baby Just Had Her First Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndelw View Post
Looking at the pics, it appears your left front shock may also be leaking .

Both Front shocks appear to have the same "wet"" mark. Are they both leaking or can someone else show me how theirs look?
__________________
Shark Fin, V-LED DRL, Chrome Bezels, Trail Rated, 20s (22 reps on preorder), Chrome Door Strips Deleted, Hood Badge Delete, Rear 4x4 Delete, Tinted Front Windows, 3M shaded Headlights, Smoked Tails (being sent to scott for proper tint) LED Reverse .5
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 53
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1509
lyndelw is on a distinguished road
Re: My poor Baby Just Had Her First Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidOxygen View Post
Both Front shocks appear to have the same "wet"" mark. Are they both leaking or can someone else show me how theirs look?
Mine has been showing a wet mark for a couple of months. I am watching it to see if it gets any worse. The shock and air bag appears to be (1) unit.List price around $1000.00.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor Mileage After New Transmission... Frankie Grand Cherokee - WK 25 04-30-2011 10:24 AM
WK2=poor coaster Cperez Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 20 01-26-2011 11:55 AM
My poor baby is gettin old.... Redsand Members Rides 14 07-10-2010 04:50 PM
My poor baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NHWK05 Grand Cherokee - WK 83 10-17-2009 07:54 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community