Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #133  
Old 03-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 694
Thanks: 49
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 2302
Roki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond reputeRoki303 has a reputation beyond repute
4F is within margin of error. Could have been 33F outside.

Mine over the summer was showing 70F when it was close to 100F and vice versa.
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep GC, V6, Black/Indigo with Adv Tech Package and ORAII
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,259
Thanks: 40
Thanked 95 Times in 76 Posts
Rep Power: 2429
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

So looks like a TSB for the inaccurate readings on the temp display is finally out among several other fixes. going to have them do this when they do the brake booster next week.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0805314.pdf

__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-12-2014, 10:43 PM
jeepjesus's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 529
jeepjesus is on a distinguished road
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

Wow!!! Just pick up my jeep from the brake booster recall. They told me that was normal and will adjust after driving a mile..


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-12-2014, 11:38 PM
Sudbury78's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 751
Sudbury78 is on a distinguished road
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

Good find silvermax. I'm pumped.
__________________
2014 Summit Granite and Brown V6 4X2 Ordered 5/7.

DELIVERED 6/19
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 AM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 428
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1083
not_too_shabby has a brilliant future
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

I'm surprised this isn't an RRT. Next time I go in I will mention this one.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:10 AM
SnoFire's Avatar
The Negotiator
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,908
Thanks: 55
Thanked 139 Times in 117 Posts
Rep Power: 390164
SnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
I'm surprised this isn't an RRT. Next time I go in I will mention this one.
Why would it be an RRT? The transmission is more important part and the TSB for the shifting isn't an RRT. The temperature is a minor thing.


If you don't know what the temperature is before you get into your car, then I would think you have a bigger question to ask yourselves. How many people now a days smart phones and don't look up the weather/temperature if they are going somewhere, so they are pretty much prepared. Mine as well doesn't update in 5 seconds, takes a few minutes to get there (my 08 TB did the same thing). I wonder if people just find the smallest thing to complain about just to complain.
__________________
2014 GC Limited V6 LuxII/Tow/RA4 Max Steel/Blk Michelin LTX M/S2

Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:47 AM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 428
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1083
not_too_shabby has a brilliant future
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

DId you look at the PDF? It fixes 12 things, some of which are more important than the temperature. They did an RRT for the RADIO. When it's not an RRT, the dealer feels like they need to verify one of the issues themselves. Good luck duplicating any of these reliably like the alarm going off for no reason in a busy parking lot(which has happened to me on multiple occasions). As for the temperature, when your $45,000 car says it's 55 when it's 80 outside, it looks pretty f*cking stupid.



False security alarm activation.
A significant delay to update the ambient air temperature display.
Intermittently the interior lights may not turn on with the first press of the key fob.
Ambient temperature may display - 40 F/-40 C for a few seconds at start up.
Courtesy lamps are dim when approaching the vehicle after a remote start.
Intermittently the vehicle may not start, after the vehicle has been driven and then trying to restart the vehicle with remote start.
Back lighting flickers after a remote start, the condition is gone after entering the vehicle and restarting it.
Engine may turn off, after the vehicle is remote started and then unlocking the vehicle with the liftgate passive entry.
False U0422-00-Implauible Data Received and turning on the MIL indicator lamp. (Diesel Only)
Missing DTCs for open or short cabin heater 1, 2 or 3. (Diesel Only)
False DTC setting for front Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) circuit open, DRL will work properly.

False setting for B16D3-15 Right DRL Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or
Open.
False setting for B16CF-15 Left DRL Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or Open.
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Sudbury78's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 751
Sudbury78 is on a distinguished road
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

Agreed. I live in Arizona and when it's been 105-110 outside daily and after 20 mins in my car jt shows 81 that is a problem. Big problem.
__________________
2014 Summit Granite and Brown V6 4X2 Ordered 5/7.

DELIVERED 6/19
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:28 AM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,259
Thanks: 40
Thanked 95 Times in 76 Posts
Rep Power: 2429
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
DId you look at the PDF? It fixes 12 things, some of which are more important than the temperature. They did an RRT for the RADIO. When it's not an RRT, the dealer feels like they need to verify one of the issues themselves. Good luck duplicating any of these reliably like the alarm going off for no reason in a busy parking lot(which has happened to me on multiple occasions). As for the temperature, when your $45,000 car says it's 55 when it's 80 outside, it looks pretty f*cking stupid.



False security alarm activation.
A significant delay to update the ambient air temperature display.
Intermittently the interior lights may not turn on with the first press of the key fob.
Ambient temperature may display - 40 F/-40 C for a few seconds at start up.
Courtesy lamps are dim when approaching the vehicle after a remote start.
Intermittently the vehicle may not start, after the vehicle has been driven and then trying to restart the vehicle with remote start.
Back lighting flickers after a remote start, the condition is gone after entering the vehicle and restarting it.
Engine may turn off, after the vehicle is remote started and then unlocking the vehicle with the liftgate passive entry.
False U0422-00-Implauible Data Received and turning on the MIL indicator lamp. (Diesel Only)
Missing DTCs for open or short cabin heater 1, 2 or 3. (Diesel Only)
False DTC setting for front Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) circuit open, DRL will work properly.

False setting for B16D3-15 Right DRL Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or
Open.
False setting for B16CF-15 Left DRL Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or Open.

Agree, it is a minor issue but it is something that is broken and doesnt work right otherwise they would not have fixed it. The answer to the issue is not to look at your cell phone for temperature.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 AM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 990
Thanks: 6
Thanked 51 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 3660
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoFire View Post

If you don't know what the temperature is before you get into your car, then I would think you have a bigger question to ask yourselves. How many people now a days smart phones and don't look up the weather/temperature if they are going somewhere, so they are pretty much prepared. Mine as well doesn't update in 5 seconds, takes a few minutes to get there (my 08 TB did the same thing). I wonder if people just find the smallest thing to complain about just to complain.
Why do the Chrysler/Jeep leg-humpers love coming to these Problem/TSB threads just to ridulcule? My old 2014 Limited and current Overland are the ONLY vehicles I've ever owned that had problems displaying the outside temperature.

Isn't Chrysler/Jeep admitting this is an issue by putting out this TSB?

__________________
I Hate My Jeep Yet Again...
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 741
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1309
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

@SnoFire.. The problem is that its just part of a long list of crap thats wrong with these Jeeps, and really.. its such a simple thing! Cars have been able to tell the outside temp forever.. and for a such a simple device to not work properly is kinda ridiculous. Even my stupid 05 scion tc works flawlessly... that was a 16k car. Im bringing mine in on monday just to get this done... why? because it should work. I like to know on long drives.. is it hot as hell here? or cooler? I shouldnt have to get out my phone, unlock it, start the app, and wait for it to up just to find out its 84 degrees.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 06-13-2014, 03:06 PM
2string1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 701
2string1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Outside Temperature Sensor Problem

I have a 2012 Overland. How do you set the heat and heated seats and steering wheel to come on with the remote start?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery temperature sensor stingray66 Grand Cherokee - WJ 4 05-13-2012 09:52 PM
unusual tpms sensor problem help! tyler05wk Troubleshooting/Problems 4 01-01-2012 06:44 PM
jeep commander temperature sensor filo8818 2005+ Jeep Commander XK 3 05-08-2011 06:59 PM
Digital temperature control swap for rotary temperature control? Juan Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 3 04-05-2011 02:24 PM
Knock Sensor Problem... amw5 Grand Cherokee - WK 4 08-24-2010 12:30 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.