Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #253  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 379
jeepwes is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Well that is a little promising for summer then! I know if they cannot fix it I will not live with this next winter. Hopefully they have a fix soon.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 990
hrhurwitz is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

I just picked up my 2014 Overland replacing my 2012. I always had the 2012 set at 72 and never changed the setting . I noticed right away that at 72 the new car feels like an oven. I had it set at 68 yesterday and it still feels too hot. Have not reported back to the dealer yet along with the issue of tail pipes not being lined up correctly, driver side up about 3/4". I will wait a few more days and hope the defect list dosnt get too long.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 03-17-2014, 01:02 PM
ledcat's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pa
Posts: 161
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 887
ledcat has a reputation beyond reputeledcat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhurwitz View Post
I just picked up my 2014 Overland replacing my 2012. I always had the 2012 set at 72 and never changed the setting . I noticed right away that at 72 the new car feels like an oven. I had it set at 68 yesterday and it still feels too hot. Have not reported back to the dealer yet along with the issue of tail pipes not being lined up correctly, driver side up about 3/4". I will wait a few more days and hope the defect list dosnt get too long.
Folks, I am going to repeat myself here from a previous post here. I did not have this problem until I took my 2014 Limited in for service where they applied the fix for TSB #24-002-13. This was to address the heater turning off after opening the drivers side door during remote start. After this was performed I immediately had the problem as quoted above. I have since contacted my dealer and am asking to have the software returned to the previous version. Either that or they did not update the software properly and I have a some jarbled up firmware running. i have not received a reply. Yesterday, I had it set at 68 degrees, after a 5 minute drive my spouse opened her window and said what is wrong with your heater. It is as simple as that to know there is an issue, when there was none before the software udpate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 03-17-2014, 01:19 PM
bronx9's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1298
bronx9 is on a distinguished road
Did your heater stay on after you opened the door after the update ? Because my heater shuts down when I open my door after a remote start and I have this HVAC problem. As far as I know I have not received this update but I will check. And just when I finally had the radio fixed from rebooting now this damn heat problem. I have just received a call from Chrysler stating she was given my email from last week and she is going to look into this issue and call me back today or tomorrow. I also emailed her a link to this thread. I asked her what department she is in, she advised she is part of Corporate at Chrysler in Michigan. I will update when I hear back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 263
norphaedrus is on a distinguished road
@ledcat

If it helps, I just purchased a 14 overland and has both the issues described here in this thread as well as heated steering wheel and heated seats coming on automatically even in 50 degree weather, so the two issues seem mutually exclusive as least for me.

I do find that 72 is hot at times then becomes cooler at the same temp (still not cool like I'm used to at 72), so seems to vary wildly.

Figure I have several things to go in for.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 739
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1281
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraab View Post
what a total PITA this is on top of piss poor engineering my jeep. And I agree with the folks that refuse to go by "don't use it" as a solution to a poor design.

I'm in Houston, so I feel bad for the guys in really cold climates. Hell, in 2 months, it'll be unbearably hot here, and I'll never take my a/c off of 60 for 6 months.

As long as that works, I'll wait for others to see if there is a fix.
The first time i Had an issue, was in the summer... I had it set at 65 and heat came on.. I had to go to manual and turn on the A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledcat View Post
Folks, I am going to repeat myself here from a previous post here. I did not have this problem until I took my 2014 Limited in for service where they applied the fix for TSB #24-002-13. This was to address the heater turning off after opening the drivers side door during remote start. After this was performed I immediately had the problem as quoted above. I have since contacted my dealer and am asking to have the software returned to the previous version. Either that or they did not update the software properly and I have a some jarbled up firmware running. i have not received a reply. Yesterday, I had it set at 68 degrees, after a 5 minute drive my spouse opened her window and said what is wrong with your heater. It is as simple as that to know there is an issue, when there was none before the software udpate.
Mine did it before and after...


Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx9 View Post
Did your heater stay on after you opened the door after the update ? Because my heater shuts down when I open my door after a remote start and I have this HVAC problem. As far as I know I have not received this update but I will check. And just when I finally had the radio fixed from rebooting now this damn heat problem. I have just received a call from Chrysler stating she was given my email from last week and she is going to look into this issue and call me back today or tomorrow. I also emailed her a link to this thread. I asked her what department she is in, she advised she is part of Corporate at Chrysler in Michigan. I will update when I hear back.
The heater may stop blasting air... but check if AUTO is still on... thats what the problem was
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 523
recoil1911 is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Just to add my data points to the conversation.

- 6/13 build, Limited 4x4
- Radio/head unit was replaced in December for unrelated issue
- HVAC is always set to Auto

Pulling out out of the garage this morning the outside temp read 53 degrees. I changed the HVAC from 65 to 68 degrees. 10 minute road trip to get haircut and no heating issues. Left from haircut and outside temp read 23 degrees. Ten minute trip back home and no heating issues. Cabin was very comfortable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 331
s542001 is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

If it helps anyone, here is an update on the climate control issue with my December build Summit:


I heard from my Case Manager, Dealer Service Director and a regional service exec, who all said that they are aware of the problem and are doing two things:
  • they will replace the head unit
  • they are working on a software update to go with the new head unit
They told me that the head unit is now at the dealer, but they want to wait until they have the software update to do both.

The Case Manager said that Chrysler is also hearing from Minivan customers who are having the same climate control issues.

The Case Manager said that there is also a Technical Service Bulletin on the issues I am having related to intermittent functioning of the keyless entry system, so they will perform that fix when they do the others.

We'll see.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 03-19-2014, 11:59 AM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,240
Thanks: 40
Thanked 93 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 2384
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
So i wonder if they are going to issue a TSB to replace head units? Sounds expensive
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:23 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 739
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1281
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

ooo poking through the TSBs....

08-016-14

AUTO COMFORT FEATURE ALWAYS DEFAULTS ON IN COLD WEATHER

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may notice when the weather is cold the heated steering wheel and heated
seats will automatically turn on. The customer will have to turn off both systems each time
the key is cycled. There is no personal setting in the menu to have the Auto Comfort
System default to off when the vehicle is started. Reconfiguring the vehicle will give the
customer the option to have this feature be on or off when the vehicle is started
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 333
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1031
Roadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, and that TSB was released several months before our December builds. Never had an issue with either remote start or regular "auto-comfort". Being roasted, on the other hand...

I'm looking forward to seeing how the head unit+software fix works. Hope the HVAC system can finally not suck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:56 PM
MajorTom's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 352
Thanks: 10
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1643
MajorTom has a reputation beyond reputeMajorTom has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
If they get it fixed with the new head unit and software be sure to get the TSB or STARCASE number and post for the rest of us 'sauna' users. I have a December build also.
__________________

__________________


______________________________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Cashmere Pearl
Jeep Brown Interior - V6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014, 2014 grand cherokee, grand cherokee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee Air Conditioning Problem curtispwns Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 47 07-01-2014 01:42 PM
Re: Flat Towing Problem Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2014 spinedoc Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 2 11-05-2013 04:22 PM
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Electronics Problem Skipper Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 60 11-03-2013 06:53 PM
8.4AN uconnect Nav problem 2014 Grand Cherokee sundru Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 35 09-20-2013 03:33 PM
Flat Towing Problem Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 SteveCG Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 19 06-03-2013 01:18 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.