Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 726
_Bryan_ is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Just about at my wits end on this one.

Just had a second dealership essentially tell me "normal operation." How can I convince them my $50k car should not be blowing sub-40 degree air on me?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1503
mofeen has a reputation beyond reputemofeen has a reputation beyond reputemofeen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bryan_ View Post
Just about at my wits end on this one.

Just had a second dealership essentially tell me "normal operation." How can I convince them my $50k car should not be blowing sub-40 degree air on me?
I am in same boat. In a 2014 Overland, came from a 2011, and a 2004 before that.

It sucks, but not that big of a deal. I dont use auto mode now and keep, comfortable.

Life moves on. Quit whining. First world problem. No car is perfect. Etc. Blah blah blah.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 726
_Bryan_ is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Happens for me in both auto and manual mode. Happens regardless of what I do, with the exception of leaving recirculation on. My family doesn't want to take my car anymore to go up to the snow (which we do frequently) because it's uncomfortable or annoying.

It might not be that big of a deal to you, but it's a big one to me, so saying "live with it" really isn't an acceptable solution. It's certainly not acceptable given the cost and supposed quality of the car for an every-day-use feature to be broken.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 40
Thanked 93 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 2392
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofeen View Post
I am in same boat. In a 2014 Overland, came from a 2011, and a 2004 before that.

It sucks, but not that big of a deal. I dont use auto mode now and keep, comfortable.

Life moves on. Quit whining. First world problem. No car is perfect. Etc. Blah blah blah.
He is not whining about it he is trying to solve a legitimate problem with the HVAC a problem that many have. The answer to the problem isn't don't use "auto". If your fog lights were broken would the answer be don't use your fog lights your headlights work just fine, no of course not. If you are fine with your first world problem then don't read the thread go read something else.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 841
Thanks: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 127311
loveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bryan_ View Post
Happens for me in both auto and manual mode. Happens regardless of what I do, with the exception of leaving recirculation on. My family doesn't want to take my car anymore to go up to the snow (which we do frequently) because it's uncomfortable or annoying.

It might not be that big of a deal to you, but it's a big one to me, so saying "live with it" really isn't an acceptable solution. It's certainly not acceptable given the cost and supposed quality of the car for an every-day-use feature to be broken.
My main problem with it is I can go and spend $500 on a used vehicle and get a more consistant hvac system than a 30k to 70k jeep. The fact that jeep refuses to call it a problem makes it even worse.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 726
_Bryan_ is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Finally got them to see the problem. Took them on a ride myself, pointed out when it started happening (which took quite a while, of course).

They took some readings, the internal temp sensor was reading 106F, while it was actually maybe 70F, and apparently just all of a sudden jumped to that reading from what looked like a nominally correct one. They're going to replace the sensor; the shop said Chrysler had a few other things they wanted to have them inspect on my car while they were replacing the sensor, so it'll be in the shop for a few days apparently.

Hopefully this will result in more widespread action (or at least awareness) for others having the problem!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 40
Thanked 93 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 2392
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bryan_ View Post
Finally got them to see the problem. Took them on a ride myself, pointed out when it started happening (which took quite a while, of course).

They took some readings, the internal temp sensor was reading 106F, while it was actually maybe 70F, and apparently just all of a sudden jumped to that reading from what looked like a nominally correct one. They're going to replace the sensor; the shop said Chrysler had a few other things they wanted to have them inspect on my car while they were replacing the sensor, so it'll be in the shop for a few days apparently.

Hopefully this will result in more widespread action (or at least awareness) for others having the problem!
so which one of the sensors was it that they replaced and where? what was your build date?

I wonder if that is in anyway related to the external temperature readout that is screwed up? Last I remember they were supposed to have a fix out for that 4Q13 don't know what ever happened to that but I still have it on my bucket list.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 726
_Bryan_ is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Not sure on the exact details. They were just informing me they found an issue and were going to jeep my car for a few days. She said it was the "cabin temperature sensor"...

My build date was Dec. 14th.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 40
Thanked 93 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 2392
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bryan_ View Post
Not sure on the exact details. They were just informing me they found an issue and were going to jeep my car for a few days. She said it was the "cabin temperature sensor"...

My build date was Dec. 14th.
oh gezz so you got a very recent one and they still got this erratic HVAC issue going on
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-17-2014, 01:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 726
_Bryan_ is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Yep, and I noticed it on my first drive away from the dealership

I'll keep this thread posted when I learn more (not until Saturday at the earliest).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 338
Thanks: 22
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1042
Roadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bryan_ View Post
Yep, and I noticed it on my first drive away from the dealership

I'll keep this thread posted when I learn more (not until Saturday at the earliest).
So did I, and my build date is very close to yours. Glad they finally believed you. I had pics of thermometers showing the insane vent & cabin temps, but inadvertently deleted them.

I will definitely be following the denouement of your travails.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 337
s542001 is on a distinguished road
Re: Problem With 2014 Grand Cherokee Heater

Likewise here with new '14 Summit diesel, where I noticed on the drive home from the dealership that the climate control was blowing freezing cold air unless it was set at high. Build date 12/10/13.

It's a long story, but the vehicle I picked up today is a replacement for a vehicle that I bought on 12/31 that basically stranded me in the mountains for three hours in a blizzard, having gone into limp mode - all with fewer than 200 miles on it.

Jeep and the dealers have been really good about the process, but with this happening on the drive home and reading about all the problems, I really unsure about how to proceed.

I really like the vehicle, but this may be too much to take and I may explore the dealer's so-called three day, no questions asked return policy. I will take it in on Monday to see what they say.

I'd like to follow this thread to see what others experience.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
So did I, and my build date is very close to yours. Glad they finally believed you. I had pics of thermometers showing the insane vent & cabin temps, but inadvertently deleted them.

I will definitely be following the denouement of your travails.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014, 2014 grand cherokee, grand cherokee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee Air Conditioning Problem curtispwns Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 47 07-01-2014 01:42 PM
Re: Flat Towing Problem Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2014 spinedoc Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 2 11-05-2013 04:22 PM
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Electronics Problem Skipper Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 60 11-03-2013 06:53 PM
8.4AN uconnect Nav problem 2014 Grand Cherokee sundru Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 35 09-20-2013 03:33 PM
Flat Towing Problem Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 SteveCG Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 19 06-03-2013 01:18 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.