Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Victor1960's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 480
Thanks: 15
Thanked 264 Times in 120 Posts
Rep Power: 399490
Victor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond repute
Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Please help, I have a GC 2014 Limited, 4x4, all the toys, and very happy with it, there is only thing I still havent been able to figure out..and that is how is the ATC supposed to work !.

Here is what happens :

I get in the car, press AUTO, set the temperature to 23 (celsius degrees), everything is fine....I get home, I turn off, get out, next morning I start the Jeep and the temperature in my display on the Uconnect System Screen shows 21 degrees (too cold for my taste), so I have to manually adjust it.

I guess my question would be on how does the system work ?, if I press AUTO and set the temperature to 23, shouldnt it always show the same ?, here is the dealer tells me that the when its hot outside the Jeep is programmed to lower the temperature by itself, I undestand the Jeep lowering the temperature in the inside cabin, but if I pressed 23 why does it change it ?, I want it in AUTO and 23 degrees no matter what the temperature outside is, is that possible ?..I thought I'd rather ask here as the dealer here dont think have too much experience.

Any help will be appreciated, I've been searching the forum and found some answers but I guess what I need to know is how is the system programmed to work and why does my Jeep change the temperature I had previously set for the Automatic Mode.

Many thanks in advance.
Rgds

__________________
Grand Cherokee 2014 Limited - Mods so far : K&N Air intake system - Weathertec mats - Train Horn - Black Summit Grille - Sill Door Guards - Fog (Bulb) Lights
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-13-2015, 10:14 AM
46er's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 405
Thanks: 16
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 13563
46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1960 View Post
Please help, I have a GC 2014 Limited, 4x4, all the toys, and very happy with it, there is only thing I still havent been able to figure out..and that is how is the ATC supposed to work !.

Here is what happens :

I get in the car, press AUTO, set the temperature to 23 (celsius degrees), everything is fine....I get home, I turn off, get out, next morning I start the Jeep and the temperature in my display on the Uconnect System Screen shows 21 degrees (too cold for my taste), so I have to manually adjust it.

I guess my question would be on how does the system work ?, if I press AUTO and set the temperature to 23, shouldnt it always show the same ?, here is the dealer tells me that the when its hot outside the Jeep is programmed to lower the temperature by itself, I undestand the Jeep lowering the temperature in the inside cabin, but if I pressed 23 why does it change it ?, I want it in AUTO and 23 degrees no matter what the temperature outside is, is that possible ?..I thought I'd rather ask here as the dealer here dont think have too much experience.

Any help will be appreciated, I've been searching the forum and found some answers but I guess what I need to know is how is the system programmed to work and why does my Jeep change the temperature I had previously set for the Automatic Mode.

Many thanks in advance.
Rgds

I have the same GC, but US spec., and have not seen that issue. I set the cabin temp using the up/down blue/red arrow hard buttons on the console. The ATC has never changed that setting. The outside temp that show via EVIC does change. Are you thinking those two temp displays are the same, as they are not.
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, Bright White, MDH 031503, V6, QTII, NAV NQNA2012Q4 + NUVI 750, sun roof, fold flat pass seat
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Victor1960's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 480
Thanks: 15
Thanked 264 Times in 120 Posts
Rep Power: 399490
Victor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46er View Post
I have the same GC, but US spec., and have not seen that issue. I set the cabin temp using the up/down blue/red arrow hard buttons on the console. The ATC has never changed that setting. The outside temp that show via EVIC does change. Are you thinking those two temp displays are the same, as they are not.
Thanks for your message...the outside temperature changes normally according to outside temperature, that I have it showing on my screen on the EVIC, but whats weird is that I press the AUTO soft or hard buttons (I tried with both), then set the temperature on the UConnect screen, and next day when I start the car its showing a different number.
Maybe I'm thinking/doing something wrong ?,... here is an image of what my screen would look like, in red thats where I set the temperature (after pressing) auto, and the number inside the red circle is the one that when I start the engine next morning instead of showing 23 celsius (73 Fahrenheit) shows either 22 (71 F) or 21 (69), it doesnt show absurd numbers,meaning it doesnt show 5 or 6, its always a couple of degrees of what I'd like.
Ideas ?..Suggestions ?...all are very welcome, it must be something easy, but I'm not sure what the logic might be of that number changing by itself ?..
Rgds and below the image:
__________________
Grand Cherokee 2014 Limited - Mods so far : K&N Air intake system - Weathertec mats - Train Horn - Black Summit Grille - Sill Door Guards - Fog (Bulb) Lights
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:42 PM
46er's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 405
Thanks: 16
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 13563
46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Cannot see anything that you are doing wrong; have you checked TSB's as there are several for HVAC.
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, Bright White, MDH 031503, V6, QTII, NAV NQNA2012Q4 + NUVI 750, sun roof, fold flat pass seat
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Victor1960's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 480
Thanks: 15
Thanked 264 Times in 120 Posts
Rep Power: 399490
Victor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Hi and thanks, I guess ill have to stop by the dealer and ask him about any flashes there might be available to apply...

Today a relative of mine told me that maybe the Jeep has been factory programmed, and if you press AUTO you can adjust the temperature manually, but the next day if AUTO is still on, when you start the engine the Jeep goes directly to its factory programmed temperature, so lets say you set the temperature to 25 celsius the Jeep next morning doesnt care, it will turn the temperature reading down by itself as the Jeep "knows" that 25 is too hot, and thats why it shows 21, does that make sense ??, could it be that its been factory programmed and thats why if I set a temperature then next day it goes back to original settings ?..

Rgds and thanks
__________________
Grand Cherokee 2014 Limited - Mods so far : K&N Air intake system - Weathertec mats - Train Horn - Black Summit Grille - Sill Door Guards - Fog (Bulb) Lights
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2015, 11:19 PM
46er's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 405
Thanks: 16
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 13563
46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute46er has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1960 View Post
Hi and thanks, I guess ill have to stop by the dealer and ask him about any flashes there might be available to apply...

Today a relative of mine told me that maybe the Jeep has been factory programmed, and if you press AUTO you can adjust the temperature manually, but the next day if AUTO is still on, when you start the engine the Jeep goes directly to its factory programmed temperature, so lets say you set the temperature to 25 celsius the Jeep next morning doesnt care, it will turn the temperature reading down by itself as the Jeep "knows" that 25 is too hot, and thats why it shows 21, does that make sense ??, could it be that its been factory programmed and thats why if I set a temperature then next day it goes back to original settings ?..

Rgds and thanks
I don't see why just yours would have been programmed by the factory, if that is even possible. If you do not use auto, do the temps change on the next start?
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, Bright White, MDH 031503, V6, QTII, NAV NQNA2012Q4 + NUVI 750, sun roof, fold flat pass seat
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-14-2015, 04:21 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
brandon.p.1985 is on a distinguished road
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Quick question i have a 07 jeep wrangler and check engine light came on the code is p0404 will changing egr valve vix it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:47 AM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,649
Thanks: 663
Thanked 632 Times in 519 Posts
Rep Power: 10702
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon.p.1985 View Post
Quick question i have a 07 jeep wrangler and check engine light came on the code is p0404 will changing egr valve vix it
You're hijacking the OP's thread. You'll probably get a quicker answer if you take this over to the Wrangler sub-forum...

Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4858.png
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 AM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,649
Thanks: 663
Thanked 632 Times in 519 Posts
Rep Power: 10702
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Victor, not sure which of 2 problems you're talking about.

The temp setting you make should not be changing on its own and there is no factory preset temp it should be readjusting itself to when you restart the vehicle. If that's what it's doing then you should have your dealer look at it.

Or are you talking about the driver and passenger side temps being different? If so, that's because you don't have both sides synchronized. On the screen you posted you need to press the SYNC button.
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4858.png
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Victor1960's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 480
Thanks: 15
Thanked 264 Times in 120 Posts
Rep Power: 399490
Victor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBones View Post
Victor, not sure which of 2 problems you're talking about.

The temp setting you make should not be changing on its own and there is no factory preset temp it should be readjusting itself to when you restart the vehicle. If that's what it's doing then you should have your dealer look at it.

Or are you talking about the driver and passenger side temps being different? If so, that's because you don't have both sides synchronized. On the screen you posted you need to press the SYNC button.
Hi again,
Im not talking about the driver and passenger been different, i'm aware of the SYNC button, what i have is my jeep always setting the temperature on its own if in AUTO mode, I guess its time to visit the dealer and ask them if there is a flash to be applied.
Oh well, i'll let you know after it happens.
Thanks
__________________
Grand Cherokee 2014 Limited - Mods so far : K&N Air intake system - Weathertec mats - Train Horn - Black Summit Grille - Sill Door Guards - Fog (Bulb) Lights
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-15-2015, 04:05 PM
akinney's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: College Place, WA, USA
Posts: 278
Thanks: 90
Thanked 73 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 16692
akinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Memory settings perhaps? It seems an awful lot is tied to the memory buttons on the driver's door and, possibly, the "remember settings by key fob" setting in the head unit options screens.
__________________
Deep Cherry Red 2015 JGC Ltd EcoDiesel with Beige Interior / ORA II / Lux II / 8.4AN
Mods: DEF injector guard | Mopar splash guards | Green Hornet fuel cap | Fumoto F-106 oil drain valve | aFe Pro Guard 7 engine air filter | Mopar molded running boards | Mopar roof rack cross bars | Mopar rear cargo net | Mopar rear cargo liner | Husky X-Act Contour floor liners | Mopar "Rugged Off-Road" Black & Machined 18x8 wheels
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akinney For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 04-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Victor1960's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 480
Thanks: 15
Thanked 264 Times in 120 Posts
Rep Power: 399490
Victor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond reputeVictor1960 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question - Automatic Temperature Control ATC

Hi,
Just to update, the issue I was talking about was fixed with a flash software installed at the dealer, finally after quite some time its working as its supposed to work and I can set the temperature, the press the AUTO button and next day it doesnt change !..wow !!..

Other than that everything keeps working perfectly well.
Rgds
__________________
Grand Cherokee 2014 Limited - Mods so far : K&N Air intake system - Weathertec mats - Train Horn - Black Summit Grille - Sill Door Guards - Fog (Bulb) Lights
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automatic Temperature Control Chunderboy Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 0 12-07-2013 11:34 AM
MTC to ATC Conversion fleecemaster Grand Cherokee - WK 3 11-29-2012 09:51 AM
Automatic Temperature Swap gopking119 Troubleshooting/Problems 8 04-27-2012 12:57 PM
Digital temperature control swap for rotary temperature control? Juan Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 3 04-05-2011 03:24 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.