Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 83
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 855
pchamp is on a distinguished road
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
If its a leak they will have to locate the leak and then order parts. Finding a leak is usually using soap bubbles and just going over the system. Whats going to take the time is getting the parts so I think if it goes in Friday you will be hard pressed to have it back Wednesday. I had a 2011 Overland and it had a bad compressor from the factory and it took a week to get the part and then just a day to install and then the dealer needs to have class 5 nitrogen to refill the system. A lot depends on the dealer is this a large dealer with someone with a lot of knowledge and experience with the air suspensions?


The one that can take me on Friday is in The Dalles.. NO WAY IN HELL I'M GOING BACK THERE!!
A dealer in Portland said that they could look at it tomorrow morning.. Gonna atempt the 60 mile drive and hope all ends OK

Taking it to Gresham Jeep in Portland.. Anyone know about this dealership?
__________________

__________________
2014 Summit
5.7 4x4
Granite/Black

1974 Ford Bronco
1989 Toyota FJ62
2006 BMW 750LI

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:22 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 341
Thanked 368 Times in 319 Posts
Rep Power: 1801968
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchamp View Post
no one offered!!! Service Manager sent me along my merry way.. even went back inside to express my disbelief

told him i just drove 25 miles to get there on it

said they were too booked.. couldn't even run diagnostics until friday.. he wouldn't even come outside to look at it..
disgusted!!!
I need to read more carefully. I missed the "no", hey that looks ...



-----
__________________

__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 3318
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Hopefully they have the tools and the knowledge to work on it. 60 miles is a long way to drive with no suspension. I think I would be calling Chrysler customer service and asking for a tow and a loaner car.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 83
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 855
pchamp is on a distinguished road
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
Hopefully they have the tools and the knowledge to work on it. 60 miles is a long way to drive with no suspension. I think I would be calling Chrysler customer service and asking for a tow and a loaner car.

did that first.. said there would be an additional charge to tow it to portland because of the range so that's when I opted to limp it over the The Dalles..
I'm guessing that loaners are a thing of the past.. when I mentioned at the dealership i swear i got a chuckle

chrystler has assigned me a case number and said a represenative should contact me tomorrow.. said that since I paid EXTRA for the 7yr extended warranty, I could get and pay for a rental and I would be able to be reimbursed, I'm assuming through the third party that my warranty is probably through..

I guess I just expected/hoped for a little more with just dropping 50k+ on a vehicle..
__________________
2014 Summit
5.7 4x4
Granite/Black

1974 Ford Bronco
1989 Toyota FJ62
2006 BMW 750LI

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 3318
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchamp View Post
did that first.. said there would be an additional charge to tow it to portland because of the range so that's when I opted to limp it over the The Dalles..
I'm guessing that loaners are a thing of the past.. when I mentioned at the dealership i swear i got a chuckle

chrystler has assigned me a case number and said a represenative should contact me tomorrow.. said that since I paid EXTRA for the 7yr extended warranty, I could get and pay for a rental and I would be able to be reimbursed, I'm assuming through the third party that my warranty is probably through..

I guess I just expected/hoped for a little more with just dropping 50k+ on a vehicle..
There have been many post on here of dealers telling people no loaner, but when they asked Chrysler customer service they were approved. I would avoid 3rd party warranties at all costs they are a pita and in many cases end up going out of business on you. If can still cancel and get a Chrysler service contract that is the only way to go. As far as your issue one last thing you can try is disconnecting the battery under the passenger seat and this will reset everything.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 83
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 855
pchamp is on a distinguished road
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
There have been many post on here of dealers telling people no loaner, but when they asked Chrysler customer service they were approved. I would avoid 3rd party warranties at all costs they are a pita and in many cases end up going out of business on you. If can still cancel and get a Chrysler service contract that is the only way to go. As far as your issue one last thing you can try is disconnecting the battery under the passenger seat and this will reset everything.
no.. I got the extended warranty at the dealership at the point of sale.. I was just hypothesizing that it was probably 3rd party due to the fact that they told me to rent a car then they would pay me back.. they did ask if i got the extended warranty and implied that had I not, that I wouldn't be compensated for a rental.. glad I'm covered but sounds crappy for someone in my predicament that didn't opt for the extended coverage.. chrystler should stand behind their product a little better
__________________
2014 Summit
5.7 4x4
Granite/Black

1974 Ford Bronco
1989 Toyota FJ62
2006 BMW 750LI

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,649
Thanks: 41
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
Rep Power: 44185
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchamp View Post
no one offered!!! Service Manager sent me along my merry way.. even went back inside to express my disbelief

told him i just drove 25 miles to get there on it

said they were too booked.. couldn't even run diagnostics until friday.. he wouldn't even come outside to look at it..
disgusted!!!
The Dalles is sorta in the middle of nowhere with only the one dealer.
Are your staying bills mounting up enough that it might pay to try to get it to Portland where there are dealers with a bit of the concept of competition in service?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,649
Thanks: 41
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
Rep Power: 44185
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchamp View Post
The one that can take me on Friday is in The Dalles.. NO WAY IN HELL I'M GOING BACK THERE!!
A dealer in Portland said that they could look at it tomorrow morning.. Gonna atempt the 60 mile drive and hope all ends OK

Taking it to Gresham Jeep in Portland.. Anyone know about this dealership?
Gresham is just a tad east of Portland proper.
I know the dealer, but unfortunately probably not within your lifetime.

I take it you cannot even get the "helpful" folks in The Dalles to see if it is something they could duct tape to allow you to get to a real dealer?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 928
geox19 has a reputation beyond reputegeox19 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchamp View Post
no.. I got the extended warranty at the dealership at the point of sale.. I was just hypothesizing that it was probably 3rd party due to the fact that they told me to rent a car then they would pay me back.. they did ask if i got the extended warranty and implied that had I not, that I wouldn't be compensated for a rental.. glad I'm covered but sounds crappy for someone in my predicament that didn't opt for the extended coverage.. chrystler should stand behind their product a little better
That's some funny stupid shit seems Chrysler products are still shit and their customer support/relations follows the same standards. O well I'm glad I didn't throw my money away on an extended warranty. I hope you can still manage to have a little fun on your vacation. 35 more months I'll be trading my overland in lol no loaner cars wtf I've gotten a loaner from other car makers for small maintenance work. Your jeep has no suspension and your thousands of miles away from home and you have to get a rental and the only reason you qualify is because you got extended warranty what a joke man seriously. I hope this is just a dealer thing can't wait to put my dealer to the test.


Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 83
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 855
pchamp is on a distinguished road
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstowell View Post
The Dalles is sorta in the middle of nowhere with only the one dealer.
Are your staying bills mounting up enough that it might pay to try to get it to Portland where there are dealers with a bit of the concept of competition in service?
spoke with and wanted to go to portland first but told me to go to dalles because was closer and if i had it towed to portland it would cost me $ because it's out of the tow range.. driving it to Gresham jeep in portland tomorrow morning.. not sure what will happen once i get there..
__________________
2014 Summit
5.7 4x4
Granite/Black

1974 Ford Bronco
1989 Toyota FJ62
2006 BMW 750LI

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 341
Thanked 368 Times in 319 Posts
Rep Power: 1801968
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Did you call Gresham and let them know you are coming, and what your situation is like. If necessary they may be able to reschedule something to make room for you. No service department like surprises. Even if customer service set it up, I would speak to the service manager today.


----
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 83
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 855
pchamp is on a distinguished road
Re: Stuck on vacation.. 2014 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
Did you call Gresham and let them know you are coming, and what your situation is like. If necessary they may be able to reschedule something to make room for you. No service department like surprises. Even if customer service set it up, I would speak to the service manager today.


----
they know.. spoke with them earlier.. said they could fit me in in the morning..
__________________

__________________
2014 Summit
5.7 4x4
Granite/Black

1974 Ford Bronco
1989 Toyota FJ62
2006 BMW 750LI

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summit :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Pateray64 Member Garage Discussions 2 07-11-2013 09:39 PM
GRAND CHEROKEE SUMMIT :: 2014 Jeep SUMMIT bkennedy7 Member Garage Discussions 2 07-11-2013 07:41 PM
Summit :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit MajorTom Member Garage Discussions 1 04-01-2013 07:33 PM
2014 SUMMIT ORDERED 2/20/2013,,NOW FOR THE WAIT! :: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Summit RUIDOSO JAMES Member Garage Discussions 4 03-20-2013 02:32 PM
A few observations about the 2014 Summit compared with today's Summit nathantw Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 12 01-15-2013 11:05 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.