TIPM Recall - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 09-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 777
Thanks: 6
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 328517
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Chrysler has just made available to their dealer network a new TIPM Kit to address this issue;

The original TIPM part # 68089321AC which superceeded to an AD,AE,AF,AG part # are all no longer available.

A new Totally Integrated Power Module Kit (TIMP Kit) Mopar part # 68244870AA is about to hit the parts pipeline. MSRP for this new TIPM Kit is $869.00/Dealer Cost $646.00
It seems Chrysler is looking to take the cheap and easy way out on this P54 recall. They plan on doing the external fuel pump relay bypass, and not actually replacing the faulty TIPM, with it's faulty internal fuel pump relay with the new TIMP Module I listed above!!

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 09-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Blakese3p's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bryan tx
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1414
Blakese3p is on a distinguished road
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
It seems Chrysler is looking to take the cheap and easy way out on this P54 recall. They plan on doing the external fuel pump relay bypass, and not actually replacing the faulty TIPM, with it's faulty internal fuel pump relay with the new TIMP Module I listed above!!

Your are correct sir just picked up our jeep from the dealer ended up paying $242 out the door with new fuel pump relay ..

$67.86 -wiring 4 way
$15.25-holder fuse
$1.20-standard fuse
$150-labor

Has started up since I left the dealer seems to have fixed it also got the brake booster recall done. Sun visor wiring (recall)was not in stock..
__________________
2006 Jeep WK Inferno red 3.6
2011. Jeep Wk2 inferno red 3.6
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 777
Thanks: 6
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 328517
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakese3p View Post
Your are correct sir just picked up our jeep from the dealer ended up paying $242 out the door with new fuel pump relay ..

$67.86 -wiring 4 way
$15.25-holder fuse
$1.20-standard fuse
$150-labor

Has started up since I left the dealer seems to have fixed it also got the brake booster recall done. Sun visor wiring (recall)was not in stock..
If you have a 2011 WK2 that obviously falls under the just announced P54 recall why would you have paid $242.00 to have this issue fixed??????
Did you pay for the Brake Booster recall as well?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Blakese3p's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bryan tx
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1414
Blakese3p is on a distinguished road
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
If you have a 2011 WK2 that obviously falls under the just announced P54 recall why would you have paid $242.00 to have this issue fixed??????
Did you pay for the Brake Booster recall as well?


No I did not pay for the brake booster recall and the p54 was not in their computer yet (Provabley bs )(anywhere their is a official document where I can prove this ? I looked on the jeep owners and checked my vin no recalls besides the ones I got fixed he said if it comes up to bring receipt and get My money back ..would love to get my money back
__________________
2006 Jeep WK Inferno red 3.6
2011. Jeep Wk2 inferno red 3.6
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 777
Thanks: 6
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 328517
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakese3p View Post
No I did not pay for the brake booster recall and the p54 was not in their computer yet (Provabley bs )(anywhere their is a official document where I can prove this ? I looked on the jeep owners and checked my vin no recalls besides the ones I got fixed he said if it comes up to bring receipt and get My money back ..would love to get my money back
The P54 safety recall was announced to all Chrysler dealers on 9/4/2014, (last week).

It's called; New Safety Recall Advanced Communication - P54090414 from Customer Services Field Operations.

This P54 recall will be launched very soon and you damn well should get your money back! Your dealer should know this, the fact that they made you pay for it tells me you should find another dealer!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Blakese3p's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bryan tx
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1414
Blakese3p is on a distinguished road
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
The P54 safety recall was announced to all Chrysler dealers on 9/4/2014, (last week).

It's called; New Safety Recall Advanced Communication - P54090414 from Customer Services Field Operations.

This P54 recall will be launched very soon and you damn well should get your money back! Your dealer should know this, the fact that they made you pay for it tells me you should find another dealer!!

Appreciate the info ..will get my money back ..
__________________
2006 Jeep WK Inferno red 3.6
2011. Jeep Wk2 inferno red 3.6
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1055
twitch02x is on a distinguished road
Re: TIPM Recall

Does the kit have to be done by the dealer to get reimbursed?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-2014, 03:24 PM
richp's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1831
richp has a reputation beyond reputerichp has a reputation beyond reputerichp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TIPM Recall

I just paid $1200 to get the tipm replaced yesterday. I hope they will reimburse me when the recall launches.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1011
CruzinGC is on a distinguished road
Re: TIPM Recall

I had to replace the TIPM in my wk2 late July, hopefully I will get my $$$ back


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 777
Thanks: 6
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 328517
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
I just paid $1200 to get the tipm replaced yesterday. I hope they will reimburse me when the recall launches.
Interesting...... what part # TIPM did they replace your module with??

My parts guy said the new TIPM modules are made by a different manufacturer than the originals & the new TIPM modules have only hit the Chrysler parts pipeline very recently?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 777
Thanks: 6
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 328517
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinGC View Post
I had to replace the TIPM in my wk2 late July, hopefully I will get my $$$ back


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Again what actual TIPM part # was your module replaced with?
Check your invoice if you still have it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 777
Thanks: 6
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 328517
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TIPM Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch02x View Post
Does the kit have to be done by the dealer to get reimbursed?
No! If you had the TIPM replaced by an independent shop, after Chrysler launch's the P54 recall you should be able to submit your shop invoice to Chrysler for full reimbursement.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TIPM Class Action Suit Ken Jacobs Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 28 10-01-2014 02:52 PM
2011 WK2 possible TIPM issue Sledgehammer99 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 0 05-13-2014 02:07 PM
Two acronyms... TIPM, WTF! smith417 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 7 04-07-2014 08:50 PM
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee TIPM issue JCH31 Grand Cherokee - WK 5 12-16-2013 09:58 PM
Safety Recall J33: Instrument Panel Top Cover TheHawk Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 5 12-29-2009 07:56 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.