Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parkville, VIC Australia
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 493
speed_racer is on a distinguished road
BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

Hi All,
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the BullyDog Hemi Plus GT tuner. I have emailed diablo as well as bullydog in regards to support for the Jeep grand Cherokee WK2 2011 5.7 hemi and bullydog said they do support it. diablo said they dont. But Ive heard the DS trinity has worked with aussie / export wk2's even though they dont support it.

So has anyone compared the 2? is there anything the DS tuner does that the bullybog doesnt?

Cheers,
Speed_Racer
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Brett's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 995
Brett is on a distinguished road
Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

I'm also keen to get a tuner for my export hemi GC. Is your problem that the export model is different and not supported, or just that the 2011 model is not supported?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parkville, VIC Australia
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 493
speed_racer is on a distinguished road
Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
I'm also keen to get a tuner for my export hemi GC. Is your problem that the export model is different and not supported, or just that the 2011 model is not supported?
Yeah the problem is the export models have a different ECU (US Calibration ID) on them. So basically our VIN numbers are different which have a different tune to the states.. And Diablo said they wont support (or crack the encryption) on the export models.. to smaller market perhaps..

However I have heard of people running diablo tuners but they took the chance and it worked, knowing my luck i would take the chance and find its different.

BullyDog said they support it but not sure if BullyDog take custom tunes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Brett's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 995
Brett is on a distinguished road
Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
Yeah the problem is the export models have a different ECU (US Calibration ID) on them. So basically our VIN numbers are different which have a different tune to the states.. And Diablo said they wont support (or crack the encryption) on the export models.. to smaller market perhaps..

However I have heard of people running diablo tuners but they took the chance and it worked, knowing my luck i would take the chance and find its different.

BullyDog said they support it but not sure if BullyDog take custom tunes.
I wonder if Sean from hemi fever tuning would be able to do something with the diablo for the export model. Reading through these threads it sounds like if anyone could, it would be him. Plus I would trust him based on other member testimonials.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parkville, VIC Australia
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 493
speed_racer is on a distinguished road
Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
I wonder if Sean from hemi fever tuning would be able to do something with the diablo for the export model. Reading through these threads it sounds like if anyone could, it would be him. Plus I would trust him based on other member testimonials.
I've been in touch with him and were trying to work it out, but Diablo have said no support,
The other option is $895 for a USA Ecu
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle, WA area ..
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 26009
13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute13ovsummit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

- ^^^ - I'm not sure - but I think Sean can do tunes with SCT as well. Maybe SCT provides support for Aussie exports ... ?

Rob
__________________
WK2 - 2013 G.C. Overland Summit, 4x4, 5.7 hemi
Seattle, WA area
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parkville, VIC Australia
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 493
speed_racer is on a distinguished road
Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ovsummit View Post
- ^^^ - I'm not sure - but I think Sean can do tunes with SCT as well. Maybe SCT provides support for Aussie exports ... ?

Rob
Yeah SCT offer tunes for AUST ford falcon's through herrod motorsport, there tuner in the states are about $300 but over here they are $1000.. (i think they may of dropped to about 800) So if they would consider selling a unit from the US at a US price then it would be worthwhile providing they support WK2 5.7's..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:04 AM
Brett's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 995
Brett is on a distinguished road
Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
I've been in touch with him and were trying to work it out, but Diablo have said no support,
The other option is $895 for a USA Ecu
For what it's worth, I am willing to buy off Sean also if he can come up with something. Very keen to unleash the beast within this hemi...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any new Updates heard for a WK2 Programmer - BullyDog, HyperTech, SuperChip Dougcjohn Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts 512 04-26-2014 04:33 PM
Shift Lever Override on RHD export WK2 GC's savvas Tech Tips/DIY/How To 0 09-07-2012 12:02 AM
TSB Export WK2 GPS Antenna issue *sox* Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ 0 06-27-2012 12:44 PM
Trail Rated badge on Export WK2? Dunecrawler Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 02-21-2011 09:22 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community