Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,791
Thanks: 832
Thanked 815 Times in 627 Posts
Rep Power: 7717370
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Borla is looking for a jeep to do some test fitting
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2013 JKU 10th anniversary-white
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
J13ntv's Avatar
Black is Back.. Coming in 2010, the All new GC! :D

My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,272
Thanks: 67
Thanked 33 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 359279
J13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
Borla is looking for a jeep to do some test fitting
Yea I talked to them about a week ago and they haven't gotten a Jeep yet as you mentioned Scott. They told me there Jeep alway comes from a local Dealer however?




Any one have experience with Borla and Corsa, which did they like better?
__________________

__________________
Jorde

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland- 5.7L, Black




Current Mods- Corsa Catback exhaust / JL Stealthbox / Bwoody 4" intake / Sharkfin Antenna / Chrome Tubular side steps / Chrome Fog Bezels / F/R Slush Mats / Cargo Mat / Illuminated Door Sill Guards / Bright Pedals / Nanofusion Complete Clear Bra Protection / Headlight Protection / Front Tints / Tinted Tails
Future Mods-- Tuner?

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:30 AM
darkrt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1524
darkrt is on a distinguished road
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

I had Borla on a 2005 Magnum R/T and have Corsa on my Challenger. Can't say one was better than the other, like them both. I quess it depends on what sound your looking for,flow rate,etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 AM
J13ntv's Avatar
Black is Back.. Coming in 2010, the All new GC! :D

My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,272
Thanks: 67
Thanked 33 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 359279
J13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond reputeJ13ntv has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrt View Post
I had Borla on a 2005 Magnum R/T and have Corsa on my Challenger. Can't say one was better than the other, like them both. I quess it depends on what sound your looking for,flow rate,etc.
Thanks for the input...

If you had the option to redo either system, for example corsa on the challenger and borla on the Magnum, would you swap them, keep them the same or put corsa on both or borla on both??


Im just trying to get an idea.. I haven't heard either personally and don't know the price advantage of one over the other either yet.

Corsa actually shows a 17% increase in flow rate for the 2010 SRT8.. I coudn't find any flow rates for the borla system for the same year/model.. Just to try to compare apples to apples


Corsa seems to be a bigger name.. But Borla claims to have their exhaust in some OEM systems as well as UPS trucks.. I was watching some SRT8 clips on Corsa.. it really does sound great. Borla not bad either..
__________________
Jorde

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland- 5.7L, Black




Current Mods- Corsa Catback exhaust / JL Stealthbox / Bwoody 4" intake / Sharkfin Antenna / Chrome Tubular side steps / Chrome Fog Bezels / F/R Slush Mats / Cargo Mat / Illuminated Door Sill Guards / Bright Pedals / Nanofusion Complete Clear Bra Protection / Headlight Protection / Front Tints / Tinted Tails
Future Mods-- Tuner?

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Jim Hef's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 1999 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Yardley, PA
Posts: 816
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2272
Jim Hef is on a distinguished road
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

I don't think Borla is about increased flow rates, but more about the sound and advantages of their stainless warranty. Their systems are usually quite expensive, and use the same size piping as what was stock. On a 5.9 ZJ, it was actually smaller. I'm not familiar with any of Corsa's applications for these vehicles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM
darkrt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1524
darkrt is on a distinguished road
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by J13ntv View Post
Thanks for the input...

If you had the option to redo either system, for example corsa on the challenger and borla on the Magnum, would you swap them, keep them the same or put corsa on both or borla on both??


Im just trying to get an idea.. I haven't heard either personally and don't know the price advantage of one over the other either yet.

Corsa actually shows a 17% increase in flow rate for the 2010 SRT8.. I coudn't find any flow rates for the borla system for the same year/model.. Just to try to compare apples to apples


Corsa seems to be a bigger name.. But Borla claims to have their exhaust in some OEM systems as well as UPS trucks.. I was watching some SRT8 clips on Corsa.. it really does sound great. Borla not bad either..

I preferred the Borla on the Magnum as it was designed for 5.7 with MDS and cancelled out any drone caused by the MDS. That is not an issue with the Challenger,no MDS and I love the sound of the Corsa Sport. All stainless W/life time warranty. No drone. Cost was about the same for both.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
SMG1's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 319
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 20084
SMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond reputeSMG1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by J13ntv View Post
Corsa actually shows a 17% increase in flow rate for the 2010 SRT8.. I coudn't find any flow rates for the borla system for the same year/model.. Just to try to compare apples to apples
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hef
I don't think Borla is about increased flow rates, but more about the sound and advantages of their stainless warranty. Their systems are usually quite expensive, and use the same size piping as what was stock. On a 5.9 ZJ, it was actually smaller. I'm not familiar with any of Corsa's applications for these vehicles.
Corsa vs. Borla on an SRT8 isn't an apples-apples comparison because the Corsa is 2.75" (same as stock), while the Borla is 3". The Corsa sounds only a little louder than stock until you get on it, whereas the Borla will make your neighbors give you dirty looks when you leave in the morning.

Corsa just posted a video on Youtube yesterday showing the idling, revving and take-off sound of their pre-production WK2 Hemi exhaust. The link is below. I can't tell if it works or not because I can't view it at work, but if not just search for it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/corsaperformance
__________________
2012 Stone White Limited

BT Catch Can // Diablosport inTune w/Hemifever Tune // Mopar CAI, Cargo Mat, Door Sills, Foglight Bezels, Slush Mats // Currently accepting donations for a Borla Cat-Back and Taillight Solutions Rear Fogs...:D
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Chuck's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,869
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 5763
Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG1 View Post
Corsa vs. Borla on an SRT8 isn't an apples-apples comparison because the Corsa is 2.75" (same as stock), while the Borla is 3". The Corsa sounds only a little louder than stock until you get on it, whereas the Borla will make your neighbors give you dirty looks when you leave in the morning.

Corsa just posted a video on Youtube yesterday showing the idling, revving and take-off sound of their pre-production WK2 Hemi exhaust. The link is below. I can't tell if it works or not because I can't view it at work, but if not just search for it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/corsaperformance
Heres any embedded video of it:



Sounds good!
__________________
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by White WK Swagga View Post
I'm here, and I like black jeeps!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-22-2010, 04:40 PM
moosehead's Avatar
Horseshoe for the Donkeys

My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CO Rockies
Posts: 3,163
Thanks: 214
Thanked 94 Times in 82 Posts
Rep Power: 1620640
moosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

^ Bad azzz! I had to break out the high fidelity ear buds to get the full Ggrrrooowwl.

Magnaflow has theirs out too for the WK2.

Borla gets my WK2 next Monday for exhaust proto.

We should be seeing more schwag for these rigs soon. Me thinks wheel manufacturers need to step it up both for AT and street.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-22-2010, 05:48 PM
chibianh's Avatar
Premium Member


My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 593
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 96439
chibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond reputechibianh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to chibianh
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
^ Bad azzz! I had to break out the high fidelity ear buds to get the full Ggrrrooowwl.

Magnaflow has theirs out too for the WK2.

Borla gets my WK2 next Monday for exhaust proto.

We should be seeing more schwag for these rigs soon. Me thinks wheel manufacturers need to step it up both for AT and street.
Is Borla out here in Colorado?
__________________
2011 WK2 Overland 5.7 w/ Off-road Adventure II and other stuff
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-22-2010, 07:03 PM
White Chocolate's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 0
White Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

It sounds terrible, it sounds like its backfiring all the time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2600
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Corsa exhaust in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutcH View Post
It sounds terrible, it sounds like its backfiring all the time.
+1 that does sound like crap. The magnaflow is much better!!!!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exhaust for 3.7 snewt22 Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 121 09-10-2012 08:13 AM
New Exhaust!!! teekay1 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos 30 05-05-2011 07:51 PM
Exhaust? rayray Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 14 06-18-2010 04:59 PM
help with exhaust andres3588 Grand Cherokee - WK 5 03-08-2010 12:19 AM
WTT my corsa for your borla teekay1 SRT8 Only For Sale/Wanted 0 01-19-2010 05:03 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community