If I don't start this thread it will never get done (busy with life). Video will be added later. And all dyno runs are on a Mustang AWD and results will be lower than a Dynojet dyno.
On 3/21/16: I dyno tested the stk. air box vs. K&N CAI kit and picked up 10rwhp and 8rwtq. K&N Cold Air Intake (Dyno results)
* Installation: Easy
* Investment: $272 for CAI and $100 for dyno
* New baseline numbers: 296.1rwhp@5171 and 326.2rwtq@4060
On 3/26/16: I dyno tested the following stk. conventional oil vs. Mobil 1 synthetic oil and picked up 4.4 rwhp and 13.0rwtq.
* Installation: Easy
* Investment: $80 for oil and filter and $125 for dyno
* New baseline numbers: 301.1rwhp@5070 and 339.2rwtq@4177
On 3/26/16 same date as above: I dyno tested the stk. processor vs. the Diablosport inTune and picked up the following.
1st attempt: 302.6rwhp@5120 and 338.9rwtq@3815. GAINS of 1.5rwhp and a loss of 0.3rwhp
2nd attempt of back to back: 302.4rwhp@5226 and 325.0rwtq@3951. Vehicle was HOT
3rd attempt (Vehicle cooled down): 304.7rwhp@5125 and 337.6rwtq@3686. Final GAINS over today's baseline were 3.6rwhp and a loss of 1.6rwtq.
* Installation: Initial uploads and downloads are long
* Investment: $400 for Diablosport inTune I2
* New baseline: 304.7rwhp@5125 and 337.6rwtq@3686
All (3) runs with Diablosport tuner were on the 93 octane tune. On this day the 91 octane tune had issues where the vehicle wouldn't run.
Now the "WHY". Found out vehicle uses (2) knock sensors. So I did some datalogging with the Diablosport tuner and found that the vehicle is pulling 4 degrees of total timing in the upper rpm range (4100 to 5k+)....not good for power or torque hence the small gains seen at the dyno.
A few days later on the street, I tried some octane booster and the datalogs still showed knock sensors pulling up to 4 degrees of timing but higher in the rpm range.
Reloaded the 91 octane tune and datalogs showed knock sensors pulling only 1-2 degrees of total timing being pulled or retarded.
Going back to the dyno and with the Diablosport tuner and hope to remap the timing curve and I"ll see if I can get rid of the knock sensors from pulling timing on the 93 octane tune. Plus, I'm going to test my new Corsa catback exhaust. Stay tuned for Part 2.