Which exhaust? - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Chester
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 849
JoeMussari is on a distinguished road
Which exhaust?

so ive been on google and youtube the past few days and im trying to figure which exhaust system I want for my 2012 overland with the hemi motor in it. I want something that will sound like theres some power under the hood when I get on it, but I don't want it to sound like a racecar when im just cruising through town or on the highway. Everyone seems to like the corsa, but are there any other options like the corsa? What other systems are just as good? I just cant find the answer I want and don't want to make a 1400 mistake that will drone or something.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-10-2014, 10:05 AM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,144
Thanks: 337
Thanked 556 Times in 466 Posts
Rep Power: 25563
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMussari View Post
so ive been on google and youtube the past few days and im trying to figure which exhaust system I want for my 2012 overland with the hemi motor in it. I want something that will sound like theres some power under the hood when I get on it, but I don't want it to sound like a racecar when im just cruising through town or on the highway. Everyone seems to like the corsa, but are there any other options like the corsa? What other systems are just as good? I just cant find the answer I want and don't want to make a 1400 mistake that will drone or something.
Drone (lack of) is the very reason Corsa is so popular. There are threads here on this. It is pricey but it is all 300 series stainless (won't surface rust like the 400 series systems), some had issues with build quality on early units but that seems to be rectified, blah blah....

Here's a link to my Corsa group buy for the Summits, it gives some info on the other options. Your '12 JGC needs no special system so ignore all the Summit/square tip talk, all vendors stock a system for yours without any mods required.

2014 SUMMIT HEMI 5.7lDO YOU WANT A CORSA CAT-BACK EXHAUST?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Chester
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 849
JoeMussari is on a distinguished road
Re: Which exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14SummitHemi View Post
Drone (lack of) is the very reason Corsa is so popular. There are threads here on this. It is pricey but it is all 300 series stainless (won't surface rust like the 400 series systems), some had issues with build quality on early units but that seems to be rectified, blah blah....

Here's a link to my Corsa group buy for the Summits, it gives some info on the other options. Your '12 JGC needs no special system so ignore all the Summit/square tip talk, all vendors stock a system for yours without any mods required.

2014 SUMMIT HEMI 5.7lDO YOU WANT A CORSA CAT-BACK EXHAUST?

next question is there a full exhaust made by corsa or just a cat back?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-10-2014, 10:51 AM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,144
Thanks: 337
Thanked 556 Times in 466 Posts
Rep Power: 25563
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMussari View Post
next question is there a full exhaust made by corsa or just a cat back?
To my knowledge nobody makes a full manifold/header back setup due to emissions and replacing cats and most likely the real reason, demand for it. Kooks has a complete deal for the 5.7 in a Challenger but not the JGC. They have one for the JGC SRT. All of theirs are labeled "Off-road" due to emissions.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Chester
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 849
JoeMussari is on a distinguished road
Re: Which exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14SummitHemi View Post
To my knowledge nobody makes a full manifold/header back setup due to emissions and replacing cats and most likely the real reason, demand for it. Kooks has a complete deal for the 5.7 in a Challenger but not the JGC. They have one for the JGC SRT. All of theirs are labeled "Off-road" due to emissions.

im sure they have a hefty price tag too
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1545582
trelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

I believe American Racing in NYC has a full system from headers to cat back for a little over 3k. I had the Corsa cat back in my 2012 and it was nice. I have the 2014 overland now and I have the Borla cat back exhaust. Both are very similar and will only get aggressive as you punch it but not drony or loud when cruising. I picked Borla because at the time it was $500 cheaper. According to other threads the Corsa is a bit more raspier where as the Borla a bit deeper growl. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-10-2014, 11:58 AM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,144
Thanks: 337
Thanked 556 Times in 466 Posts
Rep Power: 25563
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trelos78 View Post
I believe American Racing in NYC has a full system from headers to cat back for a little over 3k. I had the Corsa cat back in my 2012 and it was nice. I have the 2014 overland now and I have the Borla cat back exhaust. Both are very similar and will only get aggressive as you punch it but not drony or loud when cruising. I picked Borla because at the time it was $500 cheaper. According to other threads the Corsa is a bit more raspier where as the Borla a bit deeper growl. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
Ya, they do it's right at $3k. The Kooks setup is $3.7k....ouch! Makes $1.4k for the Corsa seem affordable.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1545582
trelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond reputetrelos78 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

It sure does!!! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2014, 01:26 PM
ssgunner's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 950
Thanks: 19
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
Rep Power: 1938
ssgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

I'm on the same boat. Can't decide what system i want. Currently have a 5 month old and don't want drone because of her but i'm afraid corsa will not be loud enough.

Coming from flowmaster's american thunder i want loud like the outlaws. Still don't know why they don't make this system for the WK2.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x2 5.7 HEMI MAX Steel>Build Date:Oct/13-Mods: Billet CC Blue, Searching for best exhaust option...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2014, 01:37 PM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,144
Thanks: 337
Thanked 556 Times in 466 Posts
Rep Power: 25563
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgunner View Post
I'm on the same boat. Can't decide what system i want. Currently have a 5 month old and don't want drone because of her but i'm afraid corsa will not be loud enough.

Coming from flowmaster's american thunder i want loud like the outlaws. Still don't know why they don't make this system for the WK2.
The corsa really does sound pretty wicked when you stomp it. I am sure I am responsible for some chiropractic work of bystanders who snapped their heads to look for the modded 'stang or 'vette only to realize it was a JGC I still get a great chuckle when it happens...the kid never leaves some of us.

My link above takes you to 3 vids of the Corsa on my '14 Summit.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-2014, 01:40 PM
BuckeyeSRT's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Home of the Buckeyes
Posts: 1,788
Thanks: 37
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 103653
BuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust?

Lots of threads to search here about exhausts for the Hemi Wk2. Exhaust and intake are the two most popular discussions. I would come here before Youtube or Google (Google probably would lead you here anyway) Enjoy!
__________________
2012 BB Overland Summit
Like my company on Facebook ...please
https://www.facebook.com/TheSimmondsGroup
Twitter @simmondsgroup
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Chester
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 849
JoeMussari is on a distinguished road
Re: Which exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT View Post
Lots of threads to search here about exhausts for the Hemi Wk2. Exhaust and intake are the two most popular discussions. I would come here before Youtube or Google (Google probably would lead you here anyway) Enjoy!

google did lead to this website! that and every other forum is blocked at my work. I work at a car dealer but I cant go on car forums. doesn't make sense!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Exhaust System? Kappa Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts 6 06-18-2014 09:31 PM
Quick! Which One's the Compass and which the 14 GC? ColoradoJeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 38 03-09-2013 01:54 PM
CAI / Exhaust - which has the most power ZZVitas Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts 9 04-17-2012 06:27 PM
Which Exhaust Note Do You Like Better? Robert Palmer Members Rides 77 09-25-2009 09:16 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.