Originally Posted by jpzeroday
So I'm considering the 275/65/18 Duratracs. Couple of questions:
1. These will work without rubbing on a Summit?
2. Going to look for some 18" WK2 takeoffs. That a good wheel choice?
3. What's real world hiway mileage you guys are seeing on a EcoDiesel. I'm getting about 25 fuelly average non-towing.
4. Previously built a JK, but really like long drives, hence the move to the WK2...but I like to wheel and trail ride at my destinations...I'm assuming that this wheel tire combo will do pretty good? Can air down the with 18s to 16-18 safely?
5. I also tow a 5000# travel trailer. Any issues with these tires/wheels towing?
To answer (some) of your questions:
1. Yes, I have them on my summit in combination withe the Mopar Rugged Off Road wheels and they fit perfectly in all QL settings.
2. can't help you there
3. I have the GDE tune, so not quite the same, but when I still had my '14 Limited EcoDiesel, I was getting up to 27 MPG on long hauls, with tires aired to 42PSI. My average MPG was around 22 though. Bottom line, you'll lose fuel economy.
4. If you get the LT version, you can go as low as 15 PSI. From my personal experience, these tires do very well in the snow and in sand/ mud, I have not tried them on slick rock.
5. I have a subaru race car that I tow to the track and I have not had any issues with this setup.
Hope this helps!