Designing my own "quadralift system" - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1062
Otterball21 is on a distinguished road
Designing my own "quadralift system"

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1434150129.982189.jpg

So. To give everyone a slight background. I have done alot of air ride systems on different vehicles and have alot of past experience in bagging trucks and cars. I decided that i would tackle my own daily vehicle. My wk2 is out of warranty already. I spent time researching and reading what people have wanted and critiqued about the factory quadralift system.

Studying the factory system. I realized that i probably could control all four suspension corners with an air ride system. Instead of the factory s nitrogen system. The quadralift is not x linked for cornering like some of the competitor s system. So its more or less an air ride system with a "e level" system. Ive seen so many people modifying the servo arms for the quadralift system.

My plan is retrofitting the quadralift struts in the front, the rear air springs will go in and utilize a 2 way manifold block to do front and rear control. An air compressor probably from one of the companies that sponsored me for a couple custom vehicles ive built. A small tank to maybe hide somewhere and either paddle switches with a digital read out display or a digital switch pad. Normally i do 4 wheel control however i dont need to three wheel this vehicle. So something more basic. Ill keep people posted as i go along and collect more parts and start the process.

So far i picked up two new front quadralift struts and been studying the fittings.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1690
JoeD is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Make it happen
__________________
2013 WK2 Limited 5.7
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 675
WilliamS is on a distinguished road
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterball21 View Post
Attachment 57157

So. To give everyone a slight background. I have done alot of air ride systems on different vehicles and have alot of past experience in bagging trucks and cars. I decided that i would tackle my own daily vehicle. My wk2 is out of warranty already. I spent time researching and reading what people have wanted and critiqued about the factory quadralift system.

Studying the factory system. I realized that i probably could control all four suspension corners with an air ride system. Instead of the factory s nitrogen system. The quadralift is not x linked for cornering like some of the competitor s system. So its more or less an air ride system with a "e level" system. Ive seen so many people modifying the servo arms for the quadralift system.

My plan is retrofitting the quadralift struts in the front, the rear air springs will go in and utilize a 2 way manifold block to do front and rear control. An air compressor probably from one of the companies that sponsored me for a couple custom vehicles ive built. A small tank to maybe hide somewhere and either paddle switches with a digital read out display or a digital switch pad. Normally i do 4 wheel control however i dont need to three wheel this vehicle. So something more basic. Ill keep people posted as i go along and collect more parts and start the process.

So far i picked up two new front quadralift struts and been studying the fittings.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

I wish I could scrap the stock QL system on my Overland and use an aftermarket controller and air distribution setup without the stock electronics freaking out.

This will be a great project.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2016, 03:27 AM
Onall8's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago Il.
Posts: 113
Thanks: 16
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 2148
Onall8 is on a distinguished road
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Any updates on your system, I'm looking to do the rear on my truck or maybe all four
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 162
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1037
TinMan.KC is on a distinguished road
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Interesting, subscribed.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 373
Thanks: 155
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 8282
LJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond reputeLJS8510 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Sounds interesting, what is your end game? Are you going to get more height than QL?
__________________
01-i6, 03-v8, 08-CRD, 2015-v8 Overland ORII, Duratracs 275/65/18
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM
NetworkTV's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 810
Thanks: 3
Thanked 182 Times in 138 Posts
Rep Power: 6908
NetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onall8 View Post
Any updates on your system, I'm looking to do the rear on my truck or maybe all four
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan.KC View Post
Interesting, subscribed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
Sounds interesting, what is your end game? Are you going to get more height than QL?
Since the OP posted almost a year ago and hasn't been back to update anyone on the progress (and, in fact, hasn't posted anything at all on any part of the forum in about as long), I'm going to assume there likely won't be any updates.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1062
Otterball21 is on a distinguished road
Custom quadralift/airride

So as some of you have been asking, I apologize. Life has been hectic and im just getting around to do this in parts due to the fact that my Wk2 is also my work vehicle as a general contractor.

This system uses the quadralift front struts/bags and the rear bags. Ive done countless air ride/custom installs.

This is a couple hours progress. Dont mind the mess again. Work vehicle
I mounted an air zenith obd 2 compressor under the driver s seat bin.
I am keeping my full size spare and therefore i need to somehow mount all the items in the two corner cubby holes without eating into the tire space. All the trunk space is needed for work gear/tools materials on top so therefore i cant mount anything in the trunk itself. This made me install a tank underneath the jeep

Hopefully in the next couple days ill be able to get the digital gauge and lines ran. Then just swap the springs/struts and its good to go

Here are a couple sneak peek pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8527.jpg (558.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8530.jpg (527.0 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1062
Otterball21 is on a distinguished road
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Hey. Sorry about not posting up. Most of the people dont know. I lost my shop and most of my tools. Long story, no insurance. Over 8,000 sq ft and 7 of my car projects were lost along with every mechanic tool and fabrication tool. Well ive been in the process of rebuilding. Work has consumed me to make $$ to rebuild. But i had all the parts of the wk2 stored in my small garage so i didnt lose them. Just getting around to finally doing this. I started a new thread cause i apparently forgot how to find subscribed threads i had.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-2016, 09:37 AM
studio1930's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 316
Thanks: 40
Thanked 36 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 1976
studio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond reputestudio1930 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterball21 View Post
Hey. Sorry about not posting up. Most of the people dont know. I lost my shop and most of my tools. Long story, no insurance. Over 8,000 sq ft and 7 of my car projects were lost along with every mechanic tool and fabrication tool. Well ive been in the process of rebuilding. Work has consumed me to make $$ to rebuild. But i had all the parts of the wk2 stored in my small garage so i didnt lose them. Just getting around to finally doing this. I started a new thread cause i apparently forgot how to find subscribed threads i had.
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------

2017 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Velvet Red
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4, Max Steel Morocco Black int, ORA II, ATG - For Sale


Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-06-2016, 12:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1062
Otterball21 is on a distinguished road
Re: Designing my own "quadralift system"

Well its completed. It yielded me over 4 inches over the stock height. It also will go lower than a srt8. I still drive around stock height. Im used to getting in and out at that height. The suspension is very comfortable! I have four wheel control and i can technically drive it at whatever height i set it at. However driving it slammed looks silly in my opinion. Its a jeep. I dont drive with it all the way up. The suspension becomes very less forgiving


Last picture is stock height with springs without the quadralift "system"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8576.jpg (598.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8579.jpg (591.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8557.jpg (518.6 KB, 29 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Quadralift Shock "Thump" UPDATE spinxt Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 0 09-12-2013 09:46 AM
" service electric break system " and " service 4WD system " Rexie1983 Troubleshooting/Problems 0 03-18-2013 07:48 AM
Designing Stereo Based False Floor - Looking for Input Muddy4DSM Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 6 06-02-2012 07:09 AM
interior designing dane.p Grand Cherokee - WK 7 08-08-2011 01:16 PM
My own little way to "rep" Relwarc Visual Modifications 2 06-20-2010 03:07 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.