DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics! - Page 4 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 02-07-2016, 12:09 AM
Xosubuckeye's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 144
Thanks: 27
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 779
Xosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Your HA is looking good. Now I'm tempted to make this my next mod. I blacked out my chrome window trim tonight. Will post some pictures tomorrow. By the way once you put the spacers on you will never want to take them off. Trust me.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #38  
Old 02-07-2016, 11:35 AM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,877
Thanks: 90
Thanked 624 Times in 458 Posts
Rep Power: 28751
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosubuckeye View Post
Your HA is looking good. Now I'm tempted to make this my next mod. I blacked out my chrome window trim tonight. Will post some pictures tomorrow. By the way once you put the spacers on you will never want to take them off. Trust me.
So how did it go? I tried doing it myself and wasn't happy with the less than perfect results. The lower trim pieces were manageable, but the upper ones with curves just didn't come out right, plus it was very difficult to cut perfectly along rubber stripping and all that so I just peeled it off.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Xosubuckeye's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 144
Thanks: 27
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 779
Xosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
So how did it go? I tried doing it myself and wasn't happy with the less than perfect results. The lower trim pieces were manageable, but the upper ones with curves just didn't come out right, plus it was very difficult to cut perfectly along rubber stripping and all that so I just peeled it off.
I actually decided to use dupli color black chrome kit or whatever it's called and it came out perfect. Tons of prep work but the results are just what I wanted. I'll post some pictures as soon as the sun comes out
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-07-2016, 01:51 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,877
Thanks: 90
Thanked 624 Times in 458 Posts
Rep Power: 28751
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosubuckeye View Post
I actually decided to use dupli color black chrome kit or whatever it's called and it came out perfect. Tons of prep work but the results are just what I wanted. I'll post some pictures as soon as the sun comes out
Yeah for sure post up some pics I'm very interested in seeing it. Get some close ups as well if you can. I would be interested, but I just don't know if I have it in me to attempt something permanent like that. That's why I really like the vinyl method, but I can't seem to get it right on the curvy sections.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 407
Thanks: 1
Thanked 70 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 1871
dcorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Haha I just bought some spacers as well. Haven't received any contact from Motorsports tech, but hopefully they come in time to get them on next weekend.
__________________
2014 JGC Summit
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Xosubuckeye's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 144
Thanks: 27
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 779
Xosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Haha I just bought some spacers as well. Haven't received any contact from Motorsports tech, but hopefully they come in time to get them on next weekend.
Hopefully you got the bora spacers. I've tried others before and there is no comparison. You will love the new look it gives your jeep. I find myself standing in the garage drinking a beer and just staring at my ride way to much these days.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-07-2016, 05:09 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,877
Thanks: 90
Thanked 624 Times in 458 Posts
Rep Power: 28751
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosubuckeye View Post
Hopefully you got the bora spacers. I've tried others before and there is no comparison. You will love the new look it gives your jeep. I find myself standing in the garage drinking a beer and just staring at my ride way to much these days.
Well I tell you what, you convinced me to try the Bora spacers, now I think you should try the home made links to lower it just a bit. If you think it looks good now, imagine the complete setup with spacers and a perfect ride height
Also, if it makes things any easier for you I would be more than happy to make you a set complete ready to swap on and pre-set to the exact ride height I have found to be perfect on mine. Just cover cost of parts and shipping and I have no problems doing that for anyone. Takes a little of the hassle out of it and any uncertainty you may have about making them yourself and getting the lengths right. If anyone is interested in me doing this for them drop me a PM.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Xosubuckeye's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 144
Thanks: 27
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 779
Xosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Well I tell you what, you convinced me to try the Bora spacers, now I think you should try the home made links to lower it just a bit. If you think it looks good now, imagine the complete setup with spacers and a perfect ride height
Also, if it makes things any easier for you I would be more than happy to make you a set complete ready to swap on and pre-set to the exact ride height I have found to be perfect on mine. Just cover cost of parts and shipping and I have no problems doing that for anyone. Takes a little of the hassle out of it and any uncertainty you may have about making them yourself and getting the lengths right. If anyone is interested in me doing this for them drop me a PM.
If you will make them for me than I'm in. Just tell me how you want me to pay for them. My only hesitation to this point is that I'm afraid to make them myself however easy it may be. So if you'll do it than I'm game because that will be the final touch for me for now anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Xosubuckeye's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 144
Thanks: 27
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 779
Xosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

A few quick photos of the blacked out chrome trim. Its hard to get good close up pictures so this was the best I could do today. All I can say is that it came out great and I am super anal about this stuff. The prep work took about 4-5 hours and than about another 1 hour of painting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (128.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0230.JPG (107.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0233.JPG (153.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0234.JPG (101.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0236.JPG (118.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0238.JPG (131.9 KB, 96 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xosubuckeye For This Useful Post:
  #46  
Old 02-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Jeverall's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tampa
Posts: 144
Thanks: 120
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 743
Jeverall has a reputation beyond reputeJeverall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosubuckeye View Post
A few quick photos of the blacked out chrome trim. Its hard to get good close up pictures so this was the best I could do today. All I can say is that it came out great and I am super anal about this stuff. The prep work took about 4-5 hours and than about another 1 hour of painting.

Looks awesome!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeverall For This Useful Post:
  #47  
Old 02-09-2016, 01:12 PM
howiestt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 206
Thanks: 26
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 2139
howiestt is on a distinguished road
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

xosubuckeye, you have guts, painting your trim on a new car! Looks really good!
__________________
2014 HEMI Bright White Overland WK2|Corsa Exhaust, Volant-stock hybrid intake w/ AFE filter|XenonDepot LED fog lights|Diablosport w/ Hemifever 93 octane custom tune|Billet oil catch can|SRT Steering wheel|Adjustable air suspension linkages|22x10.5 Concavo CW-S5 Gloss Black|Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 305/35/22|Phillips CBI DS3 5500k HID bulbs
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Xosubuckeye's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 144
Thanks: 27
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 779
Xosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond reputeXosubuckeye has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: DIY homemade air suspension links. Install with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiestt View Post
xosubuckeye, you have guts, painting your trim on a new car! Looks really good!
May not be the smartest thing to do especially when its a lease. I think some of the paint fumes have gone to my head. It came out perfect though.
Painted the front grill and mirrors gloss black too. So far I have only found two spots of overspray and it came off really easy with some simple green. It looks great right now, Im curious to see how it holds up over time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
suspension

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Homemade trunk storage, what works? goonie1 Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 5 08-12-2015 09:04 PM
Homemade WK2 Lower Guard Bigskiddy Off Road Modifications 9 07-12-2015 03:52 PM
homemade eyelids nickdemarchis Visual Modifications 44 03-11-2013 03:00 PM
Homemade Overhead Ambient Lighting – 2006 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Muddy4DSM Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 161 03-04-2012 02:32 PM
Homemade CAI for 3.7? GR33N D3M0N Grand Cherokee - WK 91 05-30-2010 12:44 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.