Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20 - Page 5 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #49  
Old 04-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 744
Kaotic4Life is on a distinguished road
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

I went with 285/55/20 hankook dyna pro a/t

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1429451937.958433.jpgImageUploadedByJeepGarage1429451955.810669.jpgImageUploadedByJeepGarage1429451969.574899.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #50  
Old 04-20-2015, 04:53 PM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 8025
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremygursky View Post
Yes, pictures are in the #7 post in this other thread:

Eibach All-terrain Lift Kit Eibach All-terrain Lift Kit - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Nice before and after pics in the other thread

In the 2nd pic is that just the 275 duratracs on stock suspension? Did you have any rubbing?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 747
jeremygursky is on a distinguished road
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
Nice before and after pics in the other thread



In the 2nd pic is that just the 275 duratracs on stock suspension? Did you have any rubbing?

Thanks. Yes, the second pic is just the 275 duratracs on stock suspension. I did not have any rubbing, but it was only about a week until the suspension was changed up.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 8025
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremygursky View Post
Thanks. Yes, the second pic is just the 275 duratracs on stock suspension. I did not have any rubbing, but it was only about a week until the suspension was changed up.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
O.K. from the pic it looks like there's more room there than many other setups I've seen wit the 275s. I keep going back and forth between 275s and the leveling kit or just going to 18s rims with 265/65. One of these days I'll make a decision. Looks really good with the full lift.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-21-2015, 12:43 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 20
Thanked 134 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 2966
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
O.K. from the pic it looks like there's more room there than many other setups I've seen wit the 275s. I keep going back and forth between 275s and the leveling kit or just going to 18s rims with 265/65. One of these days I'll make a decision. Looks really good with the full lift.
I think you've probably over analyzed the shite out of this one Aqua, as I have done myself.

I'm finally going with the leveling kit setup I planned on doing from the start, over a year ago. And I should've just kept trucking while I was, instead of wasting time and money...

Honestly though, do what you need to, but it's so easy to go back and forth looking at pictures and reading opinions. It's funny seeing how much you've debated this suspension + 275 tires dilemma.
__________________
BLOO > Traded in for '16 4runner

Thanks for all the info about Heeps from the community!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-21-2015, 04:40 PM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 8025
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar View Post
I think you've probably over analyzed the shite out of this one Aqua, as I have done myself.

I'm finally going with the leveling kit setup I planned on doing from the start, over a year ago. And I should've just kept trucking while I was, instead of wasting time and money...

Honestly though, do what you need to, but it's so easy to go back and forth looking at pictures and reading opinions. It's funny seeing how much you've debated this suspension + 275 tires dilemma.
LOL, your definitely right. I keep talking myself into each scenerio (18s or stick with 20s), but I'm going to get the leveling kit first since that will go with either situation. What size tires are you going with?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-21-2015, 07:35 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 20
Thanked 134 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 2966
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
LOL, your definitely right. I keep talking myself into each scenerio (18s or stick with 20s), but I'm going to get the leveling kit first since that will go with either situation. What size tires are you going with?
Decided to go with some Cooper ST Maxx's in 255/75R17 (31.7"). They aren't quite as big as I'd like to help fill up the wheel well, but it was a compromise of being really set on that specific tire and it being the only C load in that make.

Every other choice I was going between had some drawback to it that these seemed to be a better choice over.
__________________
BLOO > Traded in for '16 4runner

Thanks for all the info about Heeps from the community!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-24-2015, 11:52 AM
oyealiz's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 11
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1066
oyealiz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
LOL, your definitely right. I keep talking myself into each scenerio (18s or stick with 20s), but I'm going to get the leveling kit first since that will go with either situation. What size tires are you going with?
Who does these leveling kits? I've talked to Discount Tire (who referred me to their offroad shop who does their leveling kits and lift kits) and to 4 Wheel Parts, and they all tell me they have no leveling kit for the new Grand Cherokee.

Do all the WK2s need the leveling kit if you're going to put on larger, aggressive tires?

And how does the Quadralift change the answer to that? How do I know if I have quadrlift for that matter?

I think I've read TOO much at this point, trying to figure out what is best to do!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:00 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 20
Thanked 134 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 2966
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Who does these leveling kits? I've talked to Discount Tire (who referred me to their offroad shop who does their leveling kits and lift kits) and to 4 Wheel Parts, and they all tell me they have no leveling kit for the new Grand Cherokee.

Do all the WK2s need the leveling kit if you're going to put on larger, aggressive tires?

And how does the Quadralift change the answer to that? How do I know if I have quadrlift for that matter?

I think I've read TOO much at this point, trying to figure out what is best to do!
Don't listen to Discount Tire or 4WheelParts. Rocky Road Outfitters and Tuff Country both make the only leveling kit for the WK2, as far as I know.

Depends on how much larger you want to size up and what offset your wheels are if you will or won't have to level/lift for tire clearance. Tons of info and reports around here about it. You just have to read through them.

Similarly, you'll have to look through reports of those with the QL as to how big they go, also taking note of the wheels/offset they are using and if the tires rub when the suspension lowers itself to the max for entry/exit mode.
Seems just over 32" tires with stock offset wheels (+56.4 or something) is the max size for QL owners who size up.

You'll know if you have QL by looking at your center cluster and if there are buttons like this on the right that show the QL options, then you have it:

__________________
BLOO > Traded in for '16 4runner

Thanks for all the info about Heeps from the community!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:56 PM
oyealiz's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 11
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1066
oyealiz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Thanks for the reply. I just checked. Nothing in those spots, so no QL.

Does the Jeep look level but isn't? I want to go at least the 275/55, I think, as the whole point is to make it look more aggressive. So all your research says either a leveling kit or a lift to do that, right?

If you get a 2" lift, can you go even bigger tires?

What's odd is I have these gorgeous sidesteps but really don't need them as the Jeep just isn't that high! lol Even with a 2" lift, it would be nothing like as high as my H3 or Wrangler.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-24-2015, 07:12 PM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 8025
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar View Post
Decided to go with some Cooper ST Maxx's in 255/75R17 (31.7"). They aren't quite as big as I'd like to help fill up the wheel well, but it was a compromise of being really set on that specific tire and it being the only C load in that make.

Every other choice I was going between had some drawback to it that these seemed to be a better choice over.
Sounds good. That's about the same OD as the 275/55/20, but with ALOT more rubber of course. Should be a nice setup for anything that comes your way.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 20
Thanked 134 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 2966
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Duratrac wrangler 275/55/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Does the Jeep look level but isn't? I want to go at least the 275/55, I think, as the whole point is to make it look more aggressive. So all your research says either a leveling kit or a lift to do that, right?
The WK2 comes stock with rake from the tail to nose down. Some people's appear worse depending upon if they have the tow package load leveling shocks or not, because they help raise the back end for towing. Other times I think it can be due to the angle the photo was taken at or what kind of lens as well.

Some people add the level or lift for various reasons. Lots do it for visual impact and others actually use it functionally as well. A ~2" lift will only do so much for us though.

And like I said, you will have to do some research on your own. You can fit the 275/55 with or without the level or lift, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
If you get a 2' lift, can you go even bigger tires?
The 275/55's all come in various sizes depending upon the manufacturer, which I think is usually just over 32". That's about the max overall diameter that I've seen work without causing any clearance problems. Some push for a 33", but that will require lots of wheel liner cutting and pinning. But others have gotten lucky with bigger sizes... ie: 285/55/20 hankook dyna pro a/t (this guy right at the top the of thread)
__________________
BLOO > Traded in for '16 4runner

Thanks for all the info about Heeps from the community!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reshod/Duratrac 275/65r18 Wxchaser Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 17 01-13-2017 09:59 AM
275/70/18 duratrac on Enkei wheels kevinc Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 14 06-12-2013 01:10 PM
Spare tire solution for Goodyear Duratrac 275/65-18 captdef Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 7 05-31-2013 12:04 PM
275/70-18 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Silver WK Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 0 05-10-2013 01:53 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.