Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 AM
CLStech's Avatar
Connell
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: RTP, NC
Posts: 1,029
Thanks: 348
Thanked 147 Times in 112 Posts
Rep Power: 1545418
CLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Lowering The jeep

My stock springs are up for sale. They were just taken off my 2014 Jeep SRT that was purchased in October. They have been replaced with the Eibach Lowering Springs.

$270 shipped
5181500AB Front Springs
5181502AA Rear Springs
Attachment 38565
__________________

__________________
The Albino: 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Bright White - Black/Sepia - Black Chrome - Tow Package - High Performance Audio - Pano Roof
*Debadged | Black Reflective Hitch Insert | Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Billet Technology Catch Can & Accesories | Injen Intake | LED Interior Swap | LED Puddle/Entry Lighting | Lower Grill Badge | Tint | 6000K Headlights | 3000K Foglights | Eibach Lowering Springs | Headlight DRL Mod | RAX Jailbreak | Rear Fog Lights | Electronic Cutouts | BlackOps End Links*
Instagram: CLStech
Twitter: CLStech
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 PM
SRT_H8's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 151
SRT_H8 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

a few questions for you guys
1) I have a tow package on my 2011 GC loredo do i HAVE to change the shocks if i install the roadmagnet extreme springs?

2) If i do need to replace the shocks where can i order the replacements as well as the mounts i will need.

thanks in advance.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 398
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT_H8 View Post
a few questions for you guys
1) I have a tow package on my 2011 GC loredo do i HAVE to change the shocks if i install the roadmagnet extreme springs?

2) If i do need to replace the shocks where can i order the replacements as well as the mounts i will need.

thanks in advance.
Most likely your rear shocks are load leveling so if trying to drop that low with extremes you will want to change them. You DO NOT need to change the fronts. Get with justforjeeps they can hook you up with non load leveling rear shocks and new mounts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-10-2014, 10:06 PM
PB617's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 160
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 769
PB617 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

The one thing i dislike about my 14' 5.7 JGC is the handling and all that body roll. Has anybody done the mid level lowering springs on the factory shocks? Does it reduce some of the body roll?


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited | Granite | 4x4 | HEMI | LuxII | 20" Wheels | 5000k LED Fogs | 20% Tint

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-11-2014, 05:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 528
LaNcE10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

okay okay, So apparently all the limited delivered in aus has the load levelling shocks as standard. so what happens if i dont replace the shocks but use the extreme drop? would that compensate for the height of the truck?

can someone please post if they have tried to do the load levelling shocks + lowered springs?

and also, can someone post the pn# for the load levelling shocks and the normal shocks.

thanks heaps!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 398
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaNcE10 View Post
okay okay, So apparently all the limited delivered in aus has the load levelling shocks as standard. so what happens if i dont replace the shocks but use the extreme drop? would that compensate for the height of the truck?

can someone please post if they have tried to do the load levelling shocks + lowered springs?

and also, can someone post the pn# for the load levelling shocks and the normal shocks.

thanks heaps!
I originally had load leveling with a drop. Shocks will raise every time you drive and will continuously support some of the weight in the rear not allowing your springs to fully compress. Remember this is rear shocks only fronts are normal shocks. Load leveling part number is 68039560AA. I don't know non load leveling number cause I used eibach pro kit shocks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-18-2014, 11:09 PM
jtwoodiii's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 290
jtwoodiii is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

I have a dumb question but when can a fella find the Eibach lowering springs? My wife saw a couple of lowered GCs and now she wants it (and a DPF back exhaust) this Mother's Day. I guess that means now. Eibachs website doesn't show anything for the GC. Thanks in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2014 Jeep CG 3.0L Fiat, 2006 F-250 6.0L FX4, 2003 Dodge 3500 5.9L CRD, 1983 Jeep J-10 5.9L Gas, 1979 International Scout II 345ci
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 505
F5vestar is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

N



Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 248
shams is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoJeep View Post
I would say that the ride quality is a bit worse but not enough for me to regret getting it dropped. You can really notice it when you go over big bumps, pot holes, etc.

I wasn't planning on changing shocks- what have you heard about those shocks? Does it help drive quality much after springs are installed?


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Exactly my sentiments after lowering it a week ago on the mids. I actually feel like the new springs are a little softer so am actually looking to try give it a big bump to see what it handle like. Thing is ive always known my jeep will be 95% road use so I probably wont get many large bumps. My guess is the eibachs are firmer than this (closer to stock) and probably better suited for me when towing as this is what mine looks like when towing. Cant wait for my srt reps to get installed




VS (pre lowering)


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 248
shams is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB617 View Post
The one thing i dislike about my 14' 5.7 JGC is the handling and all that body roll. Has anybody done the mid level lowering springs on the factory shocks? Does it reduce some of the body roll?


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
I have a 3.7L and yes the mid level defeinitely reduces the body roll being lower. Just dont expect the same off road handling.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 248
shams is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwoodiii View Post
I have a dumb question but when can a fella find the Eibach lowering springs? My wife saw a couple of lowered GCs and now she wants it (and a DPF back exhaust) this Mother's Day. I guess that means now. Eibachs website doesn't show anything for the GC. Thanks in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Did you end up finding something for mothers day ?
When i looked in around March it was a little confusing as eibach had a srt kit and a laredo kit and we were told the srt springs fits the laredo etc.
I managed to find it on their website. But in the end wanted a little more drop so went for the mids.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 PM
jtwoodiii's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 290
jtwoodiii is on a distinguished road
Re: Lowering The jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams View Post
Did you end up finding something for mothers day ?
When i looked in around March it was a little confusing as eibach had a srt kit and a laredo kit and we were told the srt springs fits the laredo etc.
I managed to find it on their website. But in the end wanted a little more drop so went for the mids.

I did not find them. The Eibach site I saw just had stuff for wranglers.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep CG 3.0L Fiat, 2006 F-250 6.0L FX4, 2003 Dodge 3500 5.9L CRD, 1983 Jeep J-10 5.9L Gas, 1979 International Scout II 345ci
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtwoodiii For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
jeep

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lowering 2014 JEEP SRT GrKBb0Y23 Suspension/Driveline/Brakes 7 08-30-2013 05:40 PM
Lowering the jeep today what do i need ? dandankler Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 6 11-06-2011 07:56 PM
lowering a jeep wk. DMack89 Performance Modifications 7 01-05-2011 07:28 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community