Nokian Rotiva AT 265/60/18 50,000 mile update
This week I finally hit 50k on the Nokian Rotiva AT tires. Personally, I have never gone this far with an On/Off Road AT tire before. My opinion has not change with this brand and this is the first time I have used this brand. For reference, here is the link to my 10K update with various mileage updates:
Nokian Rotiva AT 265/60/18 10,000 mile update
The 50K highlight report:
- The winter wear tire mark for 40 percent is starting wear out. By the time winter season hits me it should be completely gone.
- Traction during last winter was pretty decent in the upper 40K range.
- Traction during the spring rain's in the last month or so has shown a drop in gripping. I found this the mostly during cornering.
- Tread wear has worn evenly and slowly thru the years. My tread depth is between 5/32 and 6/32.
- Regarding noise: I have been experiencing an increase over last 5k. On a rough surface it is now very noticeable.
- As for the rest, still going strong based upon by 10k observations.
- I have notice the price is now cheaper than when I first purchased them.
Overall, I have been extremely happy with performance of this tire. In the past, I would change an AT tire such as this one around 30K. Based upon the next few months, my mileage should be another 7-10k on these sneakers. I am very skeptical going into next winter season with them on. Sometime in December I will change them out for new set of Rotiva.
Best for now.
Laredo X, Trail Rated, QTii, Sele-Terrian, Quadra Lift, Off-Road Adventure Package ii, Nokian Rotiva AT, Tow, AFE CAI, DiabloSport inTune 1000-DCX, Custom Sound System ( HAT speakers, JLAudio , Pioneer , JBL MS-8 & RF 3.sixty.3 -- see the writeup link below for more details)