question about powder coating rims?? - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 1484
JOENESS is on a distinguished road
question about powder coating rims??

i really wanted the Factory Reproduction SRT8 reps 22x10 in gloss black but it seems like they are on back order for another couple of months. is it possible to get the satin black ones and powder coat them in gloss black? sorry if this is a stupid question but just wondering if its possible and how long the powder coat lasts? any info would be greatly appreciated

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-30-2016, 07:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 247
Thanks: 21
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 1165
definn12 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOENESS View Post
i really wanted the Factory Reproduction SRT8 reps 22x10 in gloss black but it seems like they are on back order for another couple of months. is it possible to get the satin black ones and powder coat them in gloss black? sorry if this is a stupid question but just wondering if its possible and how long the powder coat lasts? any info would be greatly appreciated
I had mine powder coated when I first bought my Jeep and I regret it. They faded within a year from UV damage. I went with a local shop that specialized in rim repair and they painted them and have held up ever since
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2016, 11:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 1484
JOENESS is on a distinguished road
Re: question about powder coating rims??

Quote:
Originally Posted by definn12 View Post
I had mine powder coated when I first bought my Jeep and I regret it. They faded within a year from UV damage. I went with a local shop that specialized in rim repair and they painted them and have held up ever since
thanks man. how long did u have them painted for? do u have some pics and what color did u get them painted and how much did it cost?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 247
Thanks: 21
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 1165
definn12 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOENESS View Post

thanks man. how long did u have them painted for? do u have some pics and what color did u get them painted and how much did it cost?
I think it was like 500 ish for all four. But they are warrantied to last at least 8 years from the guys who did it. I can take a picture in a bit, but I had them done matte black to go with the chrome trim that I had blacked out on mine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Powder coating my Summit rims, what color? firedog561 Interior/Exterior/Visual 8 01-13-2015 08:23 AM
Rims - painting/powder coating Jasman Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ 16 09-10-2014 08:49 AM
Powder coating vs plasti dipped rims navger Wheels and Tires 28 12-01-2012 03:39 PM
Powder coating rims on leased car whojenks Interior/Exterior/Visual 4 04-06-2012 10:19 PM
Powder Coating Question dogface_313 Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 7 02-19-2011 12:14 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.