Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1063
STANG678 has a reputation beyond reputeSTANG678 has a reputation beyond reputeSTANG678 has a reputation beyond reputeSTANG678 has a reputation beyond reputeSTANG678 has a reputation beyond reputeSTANG678 has a reputation beyond reputeSTANG678 has a reputation beyond reputeSTANG678 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA View Post
Which engine, Stang?
Diesel.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Nycsrt2008's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 260
Thanks: 12
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 558563
Nycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

Looks very interesting. Will be taking a ride to Long Island maybe in 2 weeks to check it out. I'm 100% I want to do something with this QL suspension
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Nycsrt2008's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 260
Thanks: 12
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 558563
Nycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

Can u post some more pictures
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 633
Aus summit is on a distinguished road
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

Any idea how much it would cost to by the equipment to make the changes yourself? I'm in Aus and I don't have anyone around me that can do this type of mod. I looked at changing the control arm lengths but I'm not really interested in a botch job.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 AM
mariner99's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 45
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 540
mariner99 is on a distinguished road
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

For those Australian's among us there is a company called LLAMS that is making modules to override the QL air suspension (they make one for disco 4 also). Specs are as follows :


The air suspension works as normal when the LLAMS switch is off - no LED.

With the switch turned up (red LED), all heights are raised.

NRH + LLAMS = NRH + 50 mm
This is the same as OR 1 + 15 mm and works at any speed.
OR 1 + LLAMS = OR 1 + 40 mm
This is the same as OR2 +10 mm and works up to the OR 1 speed limit.

If you use LLAMS at OR2 you will run out of gas and cause an air suspension error message on the screen, but it will give you more height on the rear to get out of trouble. You turn the engine off and back on to clear the error. It will also cause the pump to overheat! EMERGENCY ONLY!!!!!

LLAMS also works to reduce heights. If you turn LLAMS to minus (green LED) at Aero it will drop the car around 20 mm. The same with NRH minus LLAMS, so you get effectively Aero at any speed as it is not speed limited on NRH.

The main advantage is that NRH plus LLAMS will give you a 50 mm lift at any speed which is great for touring on fast gravel or sandy roads.

Should be available July 2014, pretty sure they ship internationally as well if any yanks are interested.
www.llams.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-05-2014, 01:56 PM
BigCat's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 283
Thanks: 56
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1376
BigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

^ I've had a brief email conversation with Graeme at Llams Systems and am hoping to get one of his initial run of 70 kits sent here to the States expecting a cost of around $600.00USD plus shipping.

Here is a snippet from his last email:

"I do not expect any differences between the LHD and RHD models. Indeed I believe that the system will also work with the Dodge Ram's version of air suspension, albeit with different calibrations for its lower heights, for which I already have an owner in the US waiting to trial a kit as soon as I have one available. All parts of the Dodge's suspension system electronics appear identical to the Jeep's except for a different part number for the suspension module and wire colours, even though the suspension itself is quite different and its OR2 is only 2" compared with the Jeep's 2.6". The switch will have low, off, medium and high settings. The module can store up to 8 different configurations, selected via switches on the pcb. 2 configurations are intended for the GC with one having an extra low setting and another for the Dodge, leaving 5 spares for future use. The module can also learn calibrations via a procedure so should accommodate different implementations of the Chrysler air suspension system should they occur. The high setting is programmed to provide approximately a 2" height increase.

Installation will require the 2 suspension module connectors to be moved to the Llams module then the Llams connectors plugged into the suspension module and the 2 metre long switch lead will need to be threaded to a suitable spot for the switch. The suspension module is located in a well in the floor under the left front seat, accessed by moving the seat fully forwards then removing the cover which is retained by 4 clips. Some repositioning of components in the floor well may be needed as the Llams module is rather bulky due to being fitted with the large connector header as fitted to the suspension module."


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
__________________
2013 Trailhawk 5.7L Hemi, 2015 JKU Rubicon AEV
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-21-2015, 11:44 PM
BigCat's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 283
Thanks: 56
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1376
BigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

Update! Just got an email from Graeme of Llams (kits@llams.com.au):

Hello Jon,

"The kits are finally available. The kit is compatible with all LHD and RHD GCs including 2015 models and also the Dodge Ram, noting that a different calibration switch setting is required for the Ram due to its lower OR2 height increase. The kit can subsequently be moved to any other GC or Ram. The US price is $350 including delivery with payment by paying a Paypal invoice."

"The LLAMS kit provides the ability to raise the vehicle by approximately 32mm/1.25 or 50mm/2 whilst at Normal Ride Height, therefore without speed limitations, to allow better ground and bump-stop clearance when traveling off-road on high crown gravel roads or other off-road conditions where extra clearance is desired. Note that vehicle handling may be altered when traveling at raised heights. LLAMS can also lower the vehicle which when used with Park mode can make entry and exit easier especially for mobility impaired people. The following are the approximate height changes at NRH for the various LLAMS switch settings. Changes at other height modes may be slightly different. Attempted use of LLAMS High with OR2 on a Jeep GC will eventually cause the suspension system to fault because the vehicle cannot be raised to that extent. Speed limitations of the various modes are unchanged, eg using LLAMS high with OR1 will add approximately 30mm to OR1 height until the suspension system lowers to NRH whereupon NRH will be 32mm higher than usual. The module can be recalibrated for the same or a different vehicle, including moving the kit between a Jeep GC and a Dodge Ram.
Approximate height changes:
Low: -22mm or -32mm for Jeep GC depending on vehicle setting at calibration,
-24mm for Dodge Ram Off : no change
Medium: +32mm High: +50mm
The system modifies the height sensor signals, offsetting each of the 4 values to cause the suspension module to believe that the vehicle is lower or higher than it really is and therefore adjusts the air volume in the air- springs until the modified sensor signals are as expected for the target height. The system does not communicate with nor modify the suspension module, thereby retaining unaltered all original plausibility and control checks."

My order is being placed tonight. I'll update once I get it and get it installed - it's plug and play 5-10 minutes install and totally reversible/removable prior to trips to dealership for routine or warranty servicing.



Sent using JeepGarage
__________________
2013 Trailhawk 5.7L Hemi, 2015 JKU Rubicon AEV
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCat For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 07-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 3086
Jake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond reputeJake07WK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Update! Just got an email from Graeme of Llams (kits@llams.com.au):

Hello Jon,

"The kits are finally available. The kit is compatible with all LHD and RHD GCs including 2015 models and also the Dodge Ram, noting that a different calibration switch setting is required for the Ram due to its lower OR2 height increase. The kit can subsequently be moved to any other GC or Ram. The US price is $350 including delivery with payment by paying a Paypal invoice."

"The LLAMS kit provides the ability to raise the vehicle by approximately 32mm/1.25” or 50mm/2” whilst at Normal Ride Height, therefore without speed limitations, to allow better ground and bump-stop clearance when traveling off-road on high crown gravel roads or other off-road conditions where extra clearance is desired. Note that vehicle handling may be altered when traveling at raised heights. LLAMS can also lower the vehicle which when used with Park mode can make entry and exit easier especially for mobility impaired people. The following are the approximate height changes at NRH for the various LLAMS switch settings. Changes at other height modes may be slightly different. Attempted use of LLAMS High with OR2 on a Jeep GC will eventually cause the suspension system to fault because the vehicle cannot be raised to that extent. Speed limitations of the various modes are unchanged, eg using LLAMS high with OR1 will add approximately 30mm to OR1 height until the suspension system lowers to NRH whereupon NRH will be 32mm higher than usual. The module can be recalibrated for the same or a different vehicle, including moving the kit between a Jeep GC and a Dodge Ram.
Approximate height changes:
Low: -22mm or -32mm for Jeep GC depending on vehicle setting at calibration,
-24mm for Dodge Ram Off : no change
Medium: +32mm High: +50mm
The system modifies the height sensor signals, offsetting each of the 4 values to cause the suspension module to believe that the vehicle is lower or higher than it really is and therefore adjusts the air volume in the air- springs until the modified sensor signals are as expected for the target height. The system does not communicate with nor modify the suspension module, thereby retaining unaltered all original plausibility and control checks."

My order is being placed tonight. I'll update once I get it and get it installed - it's plug and play 5-10 minutes install and totally reversible/removable prior to trips to dealership for routine or warranty servicing.

Sent using JeepGarage
I've been running one of his units for 2 months. I have it setup to lower 22mm for regular use. Makes entry easier for my parents and lowers the Grand on the Highway. No wheel well rubbing issues in Aero mode.
__________________
14 WK2 Summit EcoDiesel/ Nokian WRG3 SUV tires

Lost to the Ex. 07 WK Overland CRD Black/4xGuard Belly Skid & Rear Skid/Husky Liners/Jeep Mudflaps/Some Extra Tinting/InMotion Stg II
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jake07WK For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 08-17-2015, 02:28 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
omnupe is on a distinguished road
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

I went to the llams website and didn't see any information posted for the GC. The only information I saw was for Land Rovers. Anyone have this installed and willing to share pics of the 3 modes? Do I just need to send an email to the address you referenced above to get additional information?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-24-2015, 12:08 AM
BigCat's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 283
Thanks: 56
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1376
BigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnupe View Post
I went to the llams website and didn't see any information posted for the GC. The only information I saw was for Land Rovers. Anyone have this installed and willing to share pics of the 3 modes? Do I just need to send an email to the address you referenced above to get additional information?

Yes, send him an email. I got my kit a couple weeks ago but waited until after having my 30,000 mile maintenance done at the dealership on Friday so installed the harness today. Took all of 20 minutes to install and calibrate.

I don't have any pics in the low setting because I have 32" tires and bought it to go taller rather than lower.

First pic is at medium setting in OR2 with my JKU with a 4.5" lift on 37" as comparison.
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1440392307.760726.jpg

The next three are at OR1 at the high setting. The system should not be put in OR2 at the high setting as it would attempt to raise the vehicle approx. 2.17" above OR2 which is not achievable.

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1440392810.594119.jpg
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1440392824.703072.jpg
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1440392860.791128.jpg




Sent using JeepGarage
__________________
2013 Trailhawk 5.7L Hemi, 2015 JKU Rubicon AEV
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-24-2015, 03:18 PM
jonboy3186's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 109
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 219
jonboy3186 is on a distinguished road
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

Do you have any pictures at normal ride height? It would be cool to see a view of all levels, unless your tire size does not allow that. I would be really interested in doing this. I was thinking about getting taller tires but we are limited due to the air suspension.

Have you had any issues with the kit or with your suspension after you changed it? Any problems with normal driving?
__________________
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L
Altitude Front Grill - Mopar Tow Hooks - K&N Intake - 5000K LED DRLs/Fog Lights - Tinted Headlights/Fog Lights/Tail Lights
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-24-2015, 03:39 PM
BigCat's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 283
Thanks: 56
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1376
BigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Want to lower your air ride / QL ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy3186 View Post
Do you have any pictures at normal ride height? It would be cool to see a view of all levels, unless your tire size does not allow that. I would be really interested in doing this. I was thinking about getting taller tires but we are limited due to the air suspension.

Have you had any issues with the kit or with your suspension after you changed it? Any problems with normal driving?

I will try to take some tomorrow evening with a tape measure at all settings except Aero and Low in Park mode. Family commitments tonight.

No issues other than right after the initial calibration - I tried to test too many levels and the system needed to cool down but no permanent error messages


Sent using JeepGarage
__________________

__________________
2013 Trailhawk 5.7L Hemi, 2015 JKU Rubicon AEV
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got any lower? Quadralift ove ride simmo32 Visual Modifications 51 07-21-2015 11:42 PM
Adjustable Air Ride roots4x Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 23 06-27-2015 12:49 AM
Air suspension ride height jp467 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 1 04-09-2012 04:51 PM
After market Air Ride install chrisva Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 0 08-27-2011 04:52 PM
Air ride - air bags parry69 Visual Modifications 9 08-02-2010 08:04 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.