Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-28-2013, 04:11 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 377
Enricocile is on a distinguished road
Smile winter tires

While i take this occasion to say a warm Hallo to all the Users of Jeep Garage, I have a question , i recently bought a 2014 Overland 5,7 Hemi, i must say really a nice super car, well I come from a Murano and i used to have winter tires for the winter season....season just ending by the way.. / the size of the Murano tires are 18'' and the Overland is 20'' . Still I understand it is best to use smaller tires for winter snow and ice, therefore my question is can i use the tires i had for the Murano for the Overland ? they come already with theyr 18'' wheel but no tps.
what problems could i find? the set of 4 wtires is pretty new so i am sure i can give another 2 or 3 winter season to them, i only use those from june to september as spending a lot of time up and down the mountain.
many thanks for your advise
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 AM
liberty1954's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 75
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 637
liberty1954 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2014 grand cherokee limited with18 inch - 265 60 18's and live in Ottawa Canada. I am going to buy 4 18' s of the same size and looking around for decent rims as well - some say one should size down but I prefer the same side.

There is a website that will show you the variance acceptability and that should confirm - tire rack

Cheers
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 AM
mfa81's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 860
mfa81 has a reputation beyond reputemfa81 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enricocile View Post
While i take this occasion to say a warm Hallo to all the Users of Jeep Garage, I have a question , i recently bought a 2014 Overland 5,7 Hemi, i must say really a nice super car, well I come from a Murano and i used to have winter tires for the winter season....season just ending by the way.. / the size of the Murano tires are 18'' and the Overland is 20'' . Still I understand it is best to use smaller tires for winter snow and ice, therefore my question is can i use the tires i had for the Murano for the Overland ? they come already with theyr 18'' wheel but no tps. what problems could i find? the set of 4 wtires is pretty new so i am sure i can give another 2 or 3 winter season to them, i only use those from june to september as spending a lot of time up and down the mountain. many thanks for your advise
the hemi will take 18" but not 17"... I've just got 18" for my wk2 hemi, and it has 20" all season tires that came on it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2013, 03:21 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 377
Enricocile is on a distinguished road
Re: winter tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
the hemi will take 18" but not 17"... I've just got 18" for my wk2 hemi, and it has 20" all season tires that came on it
Many thanks, by the way the winter tires on the 18" are 235/65/18 and the Hemi factory size is 265/50/20 , so at the end the diameter is going to be very similar too , only missing the tps pressure control. ThankYou.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:54 PM
mfa81's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 860
mfa81 has a reputation beyond reputemfa81 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enricocile View Post
Many thanks, by the way the winter tires on the 18" are 235/65/18 and the Hemi factory size is 265/50/20 , so at the end the diameter is going to be very similar too , only missing the tps pressure control. ThankYou.
60/18 would be the right one, 65/18 will be a little bigger, not sure if it will fit...

overland off road/limited 18" tires are 265/60/18
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 377
Enricocile is on a distinguished road
Re: winter tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
60/18 would be the right one, 65/18 will be a little bigger, not sure if it will fit...

overland off road/limited 18" tires are 265/60/18
Well, thanks , i checked the diameter on a computer for stock tites and the winter i have and they seems to be similar ....next thing to do now is to try them on and see if they fit i guess . Thanks for yr comments.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter Tires Donsteph Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 7 11-17-2012 05:35 PM
What tires are you running for the winter? SUMMITgirl Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 75 01-27-2012 09:58 PM
Winter Tires DJK555 Technical Tips/DIY/How-To 4 01-19-2012 06:07 PM
Winter Tires Knightrider03m Performance Modifications 6 10-15-2010 06:07 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community