Well, I guess it's time I get one of these things goin'. My '14 Altitude (stock - summit white) will arrive on Wed and I've already got big plans for it (amazon shopping cart is bursting at the seams). Ideally, I am going for an overland-esque type rig, but also looking to maintain comfort as it will be my daily driver. I'm local in the SF Bay Area and looking to get out and explore some overland type trails and do some weekend camping adventures. I appreciate any and all feedback/advice/suggestions. Here goes nothin!
Mods so far:
- Window tint - unknown %, will know soon
- Wheels and tires - I have seen lots discussed here and I still can't decide. I like the stock 20's, but I am not apposed to considering a smaller wheel/tire set up. I have my eye on the Nitto Terra Grappler G2. If I go with a smaller wheel, I really like the Method Race wheels Grid Titanium/Black Street Loc wheel. (feedback welcome here)
- RRO 2.5" lift/UCA kit
- Whispbar S25 roofrack bars - with Yakima K624 fit kit
- Curt 18115 cargo roof rack - (may go with the Rhino rack system/CVTent setup in the future)
- Matte black hood decal
- OEM Back up camera
- Skid Plate protection - open to recommendations here for a beginner.
- Blacked out honeycomb grill
I built up an '08 FJ in the past so this isn't my first mod rodeo, however, I still consider myself a rookie
More pics to come once she arrives!