Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Members Rides-Showoff

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne Beach Florida
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 304
jimb0 is on a distinguished road
My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Hi all...new here but not to Jeeps. Had a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and recently traded it for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude. Since purchasing it in April have done some mods to it:

Tinted front windows to 35%
Installed K&N CAI
Installed Corsa catback exhaust system (absolutely no drone in ECO mode)
Installed Trailhawk hood applique
Installed Lamin-X taillight tint (Smoke)
Installed Sharkfin antenna
Replaced 265/50/20 Goodyear Fortera tires with 285/50/20 General Grabber UHP tires
Painted brake calipers red
Replaced chrome JEEP hood emblem with black emblem
Removed GRAND CHEROKEE letters from doors


Here are some pics of it...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jgc-017.JPG (290.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg jgc-012.JPG (262.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg jgc-018.JPG (263.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg jgc-014.jpg (410.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg jgc-021.JPG (252.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg jgc-016.JPG (225.2 KB, 38 views)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:48 AM
dubwarren's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,228
Thanks: 1
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Love it
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:19 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 968
Thanks: 2
Thanked 66 Times in 53 Posts
Rep Power: 1923
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

I dig it as well.

How have the UHP tires been working for you?
__________________

BLOO WK2 '14 - True Blue - Laredo E - V6 - ORA I - QT II
-
*GY Adventure ATs : Summer / *Blizzaks : Winter / Moab & Stock 17's
/ Gibson Axle Back / aFe drop-in / Tinted Tails with VLEDS / Black Trim ... *265/65/17
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 PM
AAAA's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,784
Thanks: 51
Thanked 58 Times in 51 Posts
Rep Power: 1543699
AAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Very cool.
__________________
Overland: Nokian WR G3 SUV tires, front and t. c. skid plates, Bosch Icon blades, Husky X-Act Contour slush mats, MOPAR cargo mat ...successor to trouble-free 2011 Limited.
(Avatar- http://www.ussslater.org/)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne Beach Florida
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 304
jimb0 is on a distinguished road
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Thanks all. Living on an unimproved road, I wasn't a real fan of getting a white vehicle at all, but the Jeep had pretty much every option I wanted and none that i didn't want, so i went for it, and it has grown on me. Plus, it doesn't show dirt as much as my other 3 cars do, which are dark green, sunset orange and black cherry, or my '06 Jeep which was midnight blue. Another bonus is the interior doesn't get as hot in this Florida summer sun.
__________________
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 5.7
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Firehawk
1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne Beach Florida
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 304
jimb0 is on a distinguished road
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar View Post
I dig it as well.

How have the UHP tires been working for you?
I love the Grabber UHP tires. Had them on my '06 JGC Limited, and got around 42K miles before i replaced them with another set of UHPs, and they probably had another 5-7K miles on them but I was going on a road trip and felt better doing it on new tires. I never rotated or rebalanced them because they all wore perfectly.

Living in Florida with our daily afternoon monsoons, we get a lot of standing water on the roadways and the V-thread design really does a good job of venting the water. Of course they are summer tires, so you wouldn't want to do any driving in snow with them, but that's not an issue we have to deal with down here.

One other item, I used to by all my tires from tirerack.com, but found that tirebuyer.com had the same tires and nearly the same price, but also had free shipping. That saved me over $100 on the purchase, which was great.
__________________
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 5.7
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Firehawk
1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-10-2014, 03:24 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 968
Thanks: 2
Thanked 66 Times in 53 Posts
Rep Power: 1923
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb0 View Post
I love the Grabber UHP tires. Had them on my '06 JGC Limited, and got around 42K miles before i replaced them with another set of UHPs, and they probably had another 5-7K miles on them but I was going on a road trip and felt better doing it on new tires. I never rotated or rebalanced them because they all wore perfectly.

Living in Florida with our daily afternoon monsoons, we get a lot of standing water on the roadways and the V-thread design really does a good job of venting the water. Of course they are summer tires, so you wouldn't want to do any driving in snow with them, but that's not an issue we have to deal with down here.

One other item, I used to by all my tires from tirerack.com, but found that tirebuyer.com had the same tires and nearly the same price, but also had free shipping. That saved me over $100 on the purchase, which was great.
Thanks for the reply! I have been looking into what my next set it going to be when I upsize to 20" wheels at the same size as yours, so these are on the radar.
__________________

BLOO WK2 '14 - True Blue - Laredo E - V6 - ORA I - QT II
-
*GY Adventure ATs : Summer / *Blizzaks : Winter / Moab & Stock 17's
/ Gibson Axle Back / aFe drop-in / Tinted Tails with VLEDS / Black Trim ... *265/65/17
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne Beach Florida
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 304
jimb0 is on a distinguished road
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar View Post
Thanks for the reply! I have been looking into what my next set it going to be when I upsize to 20" wheels at the same size as yours, so these are on the radar.
Cool, just make sure that the 20" wheels you upgrade to have the proper backspacing, because there is about a fingerwidth of space between the back of the tire and the upper control arms.
__________________
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 5.7
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Firehawk
1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 968
Thanks: 2
Thanked 66 Times in 53 Posts
Rep Power: 1923
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb0 View Post
Cool, just make sure that the 20" wheels you upgrade to have the proper backspacing, because there is about a fingerwidth of space between the back of the tire and the upper control arms.
Yes sir, already planned on using some OE replicas that will be either at +50 or +32 offset, with OEM backspacing. So I should be clear of any problems with the UCA bolt.

Thanks for the reminder!
__________________

BLOO WK2 '14 - True Blue - Laredo E - V6 - ORA I - QT II
-
*GY Adventure ATs : Summer / *Blizzaks : Winter / Moab & Stock 17's
/ Gibson Axle Back / aFe drop-in / Tinted Tails with VLEDS / Black Trim ... *265/65/17
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Cherokee8ball's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1281
Cherokee8ball has disabled reputation
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb0 View Post
Hi all...new here but not to Jeeps. Had a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and recently traded it for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude. Since purchasing it in April have done some mods to it:

Tinted front windows to 35%
Installed K&N CAI
Installed Corsa catback exhaust system (absolutely no drone in ECO mode)
Installed Trailhawk hood applique
Installed Lamin-X taillight tint (Smoke)
Installed Sharkfin antenna
Replaced 265/50/20 Goodyear Fortera tires with 285/50/20 General Grabber UHP tires
Painted brake calipers red
Replaced chrome JEEP hood emblem with black emblem
Removed GRAND CHEROKEE letters from doors


Here are some pics of it...

Sorry for waking a dormant forum. I was excited for a second because I thought you had a Trailhawk haha. Anyhow, I'm wondering what your impression is of the HEMI sound between your Jeeps. I just recovered an old 05 WK HEMI and for some reason (even after 105K miles) it sounds better than my new WK2. I checked the exhaust assembly and it looks stock. Which of your upgrades brought your WK2's sound closer to your old WK's sound?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne Beach Florida
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 304
jimb0 is on a distinguished road
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee8ball View Post
Sorry for waking a dormant forum. I was excited for a second because I thought you had a Trailhawk haha. Anyhow, I'm wondering what your impression is of the HEMI sound between your Jeeps. I just recovered an old 05 WK HEMI and for some reason (even after 105K miles) it sounds better than my new WK2. I checked the exhaust assembly and it looks stock. Which of your upgrades brought your WK2's sound closer to your old WK's sound?
I had a Magnaflow system on my '06 5.7. and LOVED the deep throaty sound of it. I didn't go with the Magnaflow on my '12 becuase that system has a nasty drone the running in the ECO mode (my '06 had no drone whatsoever in the ECO mode with the Magnaflow). The Corsa is a lot raspier sounding than the Magnaflow...it's sounds more like a Borla exhaust. If I were to rate the sounds, the Magnaflow had more of a deep musclecar sound, but the Corsa sounds great too.
__________________
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 5.7
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Firehawk
1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Cherokee8ball's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1281
Cherokee8ball has disabled reputation
Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Interesting...so basically I'm doing the whole apples and oranges thing here. I just want my WK2 to sound like the stock system on the WK. I feel like they had a nice mix with the old system but they tried way too hard to make the new HEMIs audibly soccer mom friendly. Maybe I should just get a custom resonator or muffler since none of the brand names have less than a full system.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jeep, 2012, grand cherokee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude :: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee turbospartan Member Garage Discussions 0 01-16-2013 10:14 AM
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude :: 2012 Jeep Altitude 2012-JGC.Altitude Member Garage Discussions 0 01-13-2013 09:36 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.