Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Members Rides-Showoff

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:28 PM
f1anatic's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinoize
Posts: 935
Thanks: 5
Thanked 65 Times in 48 Posts
Rep Power: 158143
f1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My GC

The perfect looks for a Grand Cherokee !
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 393
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: My GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1anatic View Post
The perfect looks for a Grand Cherokee !
Thank you!!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-22-2014, 05:01 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
suicidecl is on a distinguished road
Re: My GC

Looks great!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 393
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: My GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidecl View Post
Looks great!
Thanks!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: 413 - Massachusetts
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 170
Jburr930 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: My GC

Ummm sick!
A+++
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 393
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: My GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburr930 View Post
Ummm sick!
A+++

Thanks bro!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 719
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 1498
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My GC

So in your original photos, prior to swapping out the eibach springs for all the road magnets, you were able to use the rear road magnet 2.8" and the eibach 1" front, all with the load leveling still in place?

I actually like the look of this set up the best, possibly in the future interest for my own Jeep, but wanted to know if I'd have to get rid of the load leveling. I understand that it will be necessary for the eibach rear springs, but wasn't positive about doing a combination set up or just rear road magnets and no fronts, to retain it.
__________________
BLOO WK2 '14 - True Blue - Laredo E - V6 - ORA I - QT II

17" JK Moabs / 265/65-17 Wrangler AT Adventure (summer) / 265/65-17 Blizzak DM-V1 (winter) / 1.25" BORA Spacers / Gibson Axle Back (SS) Exhaust / aFe Pro-Dry S Drop-In Filter / Tinted Tails / Mid Level Road Magnets + New Wheel/Tire Setup (soon)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 393
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: My GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar View Post
So in your original photos, prior to swapping out the eibach springs for all the road magnets, you were able to use the rear road magnet 2.8" and the eibach 1" front, all with the load leveling still in place?

I actually like the look of this set up the best, possibly in the future interest for my own Jeep, but wanted to know if I'd have to get rid of the load leveling. I understand that it will be necessary for the eibach rear springs, but wasn't positive about doing a combination set up or just rear road magnets and no fronts, to retain it.
A drop with eibach fronts and magnet rears would look the same as my setup now because eibachs drop for non-srt is 1.6" in the front and magnet fronts are 1.8"...so virtually the same. You can run any of those springs with load leveling shocks but remember you rear will raise every time you drive and then settle after being parked for awhile. That is the reason I changed my shocks. The load leveling shocks keep the rear from being able to be as low as mine is now with eibach shocks. Hope this helps.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 719
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 1498
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonly5680 View Post

A drop with eibach fronts and magnet rears would look the same as my setup now because eibachs drop for non-srt is 1.6" in the front and magnet fronts are 1.8"...so virtually the same. You can run any of those springs with load leveling shocks but remember you rear will raise every time you drive and then settle after being parked for awhile. That is the reason I changed my shocks. The load leveling shocks keep the rear from being able to be as low as mine is now with eibach shocks. Hope this helps.
I thought from what I read that the eibach lowering spring wouldn't work with load leveling in place? I've actually been more interested in the road magnets, but that's great if they'll work with my current suspension without removing the l.l. shocks. Sorry to repeat my question, but everyone I've seen who has the l.l. has stated that it needs to be removed for any of the rear springs to go in...

And how much difference are we talking from driving to when it settles?

Thanks for your help!
__________________
BLOO WK2 '14 - True Blue - Laredo E - V6 - ORA I - QT II

17" JK Moabs / 265/65-17 Wrangler AT Adventure (summer) / 265/65-17 Blizzak DM-V1 (winter) / 1.25" BORA Spacers / Gibson Axle Back (SS) Exhaust / aFe Pro-Dry S Drop-In Filter / Tinted Tails / Mid Level Road Magnets + New Wheel/Tire Setup (soon)
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 393
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: My GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar View Post
I thought from what I read that the eibach lowering spring wouldn't work with load leveling in place? I've actually been more interested in the road magnets, but that's great if they'll work with my current suspension without removing the l.l. shocks. Sorry to repeat my question, but everyone I've seen who has the l.l. has stated that it needs to be removed for any of the rear springs to go in...

And how much difference are we talking from driving to when it settles?

Thanks for your help!
Load leveling shocks don't affect spring fitment...are you sure it wasn't people with QL suspension? Anyway I have used them personally so I know they work. My shocks were raising my rear around an inch when driving. You can swap your shocks if you don't plan on towing which I would imagine is the case if you are into road magnets.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 PM
pinetar's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sierra NV
Posts: 719
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 1498
pinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond reputepinetar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonly5680 View Post
Load leveling shocks don't affect spring fitment...are you sure it wasn't people with QL suspension? Anyway I have used them personally so I know they work. My shocks were raising my rear around an inch when driving. You can swap your shocks if you don't plan on towing which I would imagine is the case if you are into road magnets.
I've read multiple threads where people keep saying eibach springs will not work with the l.l. shocks and I figured the road magnets would be the same. It wasn't about the QL suspension specifically in any of the discussions.

I actually just spoke with someone who plans on using the SRT springs on their non-SRT and he also said I would need to swap them for self leveling if I ever wanted to use them...Maybe they are just saying it's necessary for the springs to work without raising the back while driving, I dunno. But if you've used them with it still in place, I'll take your word for it.

Like I said, I'm looking to get the stance you had prior to swapping out for all road magnets and the l.l. delete. Deleting the rake is what I'm after as well and a more mid level drop. So I'm wondering if I'd be okay just keeping it there and doing the extreme road magnets to have the same drop as yours was. But I'm definitely not towing anything probably ever, it just happened to come with the package because of the selec-terrain feature I wanted.
__________________
BLOO WK2 '14 - True Blue - Laredo E - V6 - ORA I - QT II

17" JK Moabs / 265/65-17 Wrangler AT Adventure (summer) / 265/65-17 Blizzak DM-V1 (winter) / 1.25" BORA Spacers / Gibson Axle Back (SS) Exhaust / aFe Pro-Dry S Drop-In Filter / Tinted Tails / Mid Level Road Magnets + New Wheel/Tire Setup (soon)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 393
oneandonly5680 is on a distinguished road
Re: My GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar View Post
I've read multiple threads where people keep saying eibach springs will not work with the l.l. shocks and I figured the road magnets would be the same. It wasn't about the QL suspension specifically in any of the discussions.

I actually just spoke with someone who plans on using the SRT springs on their non-SRT and he also said I would need to swap them for self leveling if I ever wanted to use them...Maybe they are just saying it's necessary for the springs to work without raising the back while driving, I dunno. But if you've used them with it still in place, I'll take your word for it.

Like I said, I'm looking to get the stance you had prior to swapping out for all road magnets and the l.l. delete. Deleting the rake is what I'm after as well and a more mid level drop. So I'm wondering if I'd be okay just keeping it there and doing the extreme road magnets to have the same drop as yours was. That could also be a bad move if I ever end up disliking how much it raises while driving though...
Yeah you really have to think about the raising it does. I hated it because my jeep would look great after sitting for awhile but then when I would drive and then park I would have people say "I thought you lowered it". Thats when I was like ok I'm changing shocks. If you don't want to be as low as me road magnet has a mid level drop also and the you could change shocks.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community