Dealer Service Review: River Front (Aurora, IL)
Thought there used to be a Dealer Green List and Black List on this site, not sure where it is. Mods please feel free to move this or let me know where the appropriate forum to post this is, if not here.
My wife and I have had several bad experiences with the service department at this dealership, bordering on criminal. I strongly advise against going to this dealership for service.
1. We brought in our 2012 Grand Cherokee for an error related to the fuel tank. After this first repair, a Check Engine Light appeared for the same issue, so we had to bring the car back a second time for the same issue. The second time, the car sat for a full business day with no diagnostic done. Only on the second day when I called for an update was I advised that it'd be looked at. Typical lazy dealership behavior, nothing major but frustrating.
2. After a recent series of repairs (reported leaking shock) and maintenance (standard 60k miles) performed at Riverfront, my wife complained of shuddering in the steering wheel and an odd noise coming from the rear. Her and I discovered that not only had the inner fender liner on the right rear wheel well not been secured back in place (and so was rubbing against the tire), 4 out of the 5 lug nuts on the left rear wheel were NOT EVEN TIGHTENED AT ALL; in fact, they were not even touching the seats in the wheel. Only one lug nut was secured, and it was only finger tight. Fortunately it did not result in an accident, but this is downright negligent. We called Riverfront to advise them of what happened, advising the service Manager Mike that we'd be taking the car to another dealership to give it a thorough once over and double check the repairs done at Riverfront as we simply did not trust their workmanship. Mike told us to bring the car back to RF, and said that he'd have his "best technician" review it. We brought the car in for that service this morning. Not once during our several-minute phone call or the in-person meeting this morning did Mike or ANY of his staff offer an apology.
3. We advised the staff at the RF service department that my wife would need a shuttle to pick her up from her place of work about 5 minutes down the road from the dealership at 5pm. We were assured by David the technician that the shuttle driver knew where the place was, and that she'd receive a call when the shuttle would arrive to pick her up. She received no call, and no shuttle ever showed up. Both David and Mike conveniently had left the office when she finally got there, with the help of a co-worker.
4. We discovered after the previous visit that RF had actually removed the front and rear license plate frames of the dealership we actually purchased the vehicle from (NOT RF) and replaced them with their own. We definitely did not ask for this to be done, and when I asked Mike to put the old ones back, he casually said "We don't have them anymore." So it is apparently within RF's business practices to arbitrarily change aspects of your vehicle totally unrelated to the actual service being performed, and dispose of what is essentially your property without even asking.
5. I've also noticed a nice series of scratches that extend from top left corner of my Nav screen all the way down to the bottom right corner, deep enough to have cut right through the first layer of film on the screen. (photo uploaded)
6. Finally, we've got some nice black smudges on the headliner and the sun visors from an apparently careless technician who did not remove his or her dirty gloves prior to touching the fabric (for whatever reason they'd need to actually touch those parts of the car).